Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 03-03-2019, 12:37 PM
Master
No animal husbandry?
Old 03-03-2019, 03:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
I think that the real argument for a in food choice should be whether it is harmful to anyone, including the other living beings involved which are the humans.. in that case eating eggs is unethical because it is harmful to the humans who would eat them, especially if those eggs are cooked which let's be honest more than 98% of humans eating eggs are going to do.

Do you actually believe what you just posted?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with eating eggs ,they are packed with nutrition and are a very healthy thing to eat!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 04-03-2019, 01:57 AM
Master
Lucky 1 there are numerous issues with eggs, especially cooked eggs though there is toxicity involved with raw eggs also which results in many sources recommending they be cooked, either way they are unhealthy. before sharing a little of the factual information about the threat eggs present to the human body, I'll repeat what I've said on this forum more than once already, the human body will try to get as much nutrition and nourishment out of something that it can. but that doesn't mean everything we can put in our mouths or bodies, even if it has something good to offer, is actually good for us when all's said and done. because it is the toxic byproducts and taxation on the body that is the most important factor to consider. and if you can simply choose foods that don't have such inherent threats, then we can indeed call out those that do pose risks and cause bodily damage. Eggs have a lot of nutrition because they are meant to nourish the little chickadee that is supposed to dwell within it.. but they also happen to contain properties and constituents that end up being toxic to us, and when cooked it robs even more of the potential life-giving qualities of the egg. and how many of you are talking about eating raw eggs anyway? not that you should be either.. I'm not here to make stuff up or give thoughtless advice, I am here and anywhere I go to seek and speak the truth, whatever it may be. I'm sorry if that's uncomfortable for you.. I am directing this mostly at Lucky 1 fyi to anyone reading this, because he's argued with me in other threads and believes that eating and murdering animals is "ethical" if we want to use an adjective from this thread title..

one example of cooked eggs being toxic for us, a literal toxic gas is created:

"Hydrogen sulfide is a toxic gas, flammable and much-feared by miners. It lurks in low wells and caves, and can suffocate, poison, or explode people. It's also what you make on the stove when you're boiling eggs – especially when you overboil them. Despite the fact that you are attempting to eat them, the eggs are trying desperately to save you from your folly. For evidence of this, just crack open a hard boiled egg that's been overcooked, and see the gray-green yolk.

The hydrogen sulfide originates in the whites of the egg. Proteins there contain sulfur that combines with hydrogen to form the deadly gas. The hydrogen sulfide heads toward the inside of the egg because of the solubility gradient. Solubility – the amount of stuff that can be dissolved in liquids – decreases with heat. As the outside of the egg gets hotter, the gas is forced toward the yolk.

The yolk of an egg contains iron. When the iron meets the hydrogen sulfide gas it combines to form iron sulfide – which has a greenish cast to it. The more you overboil an egg, the more iron sulfide is made, and the more green you'll see on the yolks.."

Next is an article on ncbi about how eggs are good (and bad) and I'll link it below in case you want to see the benefits, but as I said above clearly eggs contain some desirable nutrients, but so does human meat or the human period if you want to compare eggs to eggs.. It doesn't mean we should eat it just because it has one positive quality about it, iron filings contain iron but obviously we know consuming that has other undesirable effects so it's not practical or logical, which is the logic by which I think all things we consider worthy of eating should be held to. how much bad baggage and damage comes along with that potential good? and thus how less good is it going to be able to be since the very body that is responsible for assimilating it will be damaged and unable to perform optimally..

Anyways, this article doesn't even touch on all the issues with the content and impact of an egg, but it has some more ideas and information on the facts. Unfortunately most mainstream studied don't understand the bigger picture or reality of how foods impact humans, and only are taught to think within the confines of the boxes labeled specific "diseases" and such, but obviously anyone using common sense can see that diseases are just made-up names created to describe debilitated conditions of the body and its contents including organs and its bodily systems, especially the lymphatic system which is designed to help rid the body of the waste and toxins that it needs to eliminate. In that sense cooked eggs do nobody any favor because they just exasperate and overburden the lymph system as well as the digestive and other metabolic systems and functions required to deal with the aftermath once the initial nutrition is assimilated, if it can be.. Even the lecithin in eggs is apparently made into a toxin which is very disheartening since it's such a great nutrient. We just have to be realistic and use common sense to discern the truth

"Despite their abovementioned nutritional benefits, egg consumption was traditionally associated with adverse factors for human health and nutrition. In this sense, egg whites contain anti-nutritional factors, among which are proteins such as ovomucoid that can inhibit trypsin or avidin, which can bind biotin. However, these factors are thermo-labile and, therefore, these compounds are usually destroyed when cooking eggs, after which they do not cause further detrimental effects. Additionally, eggs have been the subject of numerous recommendations from nutrition experts in order to moderate egg consumption, owing to its high cholesterol and saturated-fat content. Reducing saturated-fat intake is the primary dietary strategy recommended for reducing serum cholesterol levels, and this strategy has often led to a reduction in the consumption of eggs. Nevertheless, substituting eggs for other animal-protein foods in the diet may result in small changes to low-density lipoprotein cholesterol (LDL) [10] and, consequently, egg consumption should be considered in a similar way to other protein-rich foods.

Several authors state that dietary cholesterol from eggs could be an important risk factor for cardiometabolic diseases including CVD and diabetes [12,29,30,31]. Furthermore, lecithin (approximately 250 mg in a large egg yolk) is converted by intestinal bacteria to trimethylamine, which is in turn oxidized by the liver to trimethylamine oxide, which is pro-atherosclerotic [32]. In this sense, a meta-analysis found that an intake increment of four eggs per week could possibly increase the risk of CVD by 6% and diabetes by 29%

The five major allergens identified in hens eggs are ovomucoid (Gal d1), ovalbumin (Gal d2), ovotransferrin (Gal d3), lysozyme (Gal d4) and albumin (Gal d5). The majority of allergenic proteins are contained in egg white (Gal d1–4) rather than in egg yolk (Gal d5) [63]. Several other allergens have been identified in egg yolk, including vitellenin (apovitellenin I) and apoprotein B (apovitellenin VI), although their role remains yet unclear [64]. However, various studies have demonstrated that a large number of egg allergic people were able to tolerate heated egg whites [65], an advantage for thermally processed eggs."

and here's a video that's barely a minute long.. with one extra good point about how the egg protein is acidifying, and acid is the primary enemy of the body's health and wellbeing, because acid corrodes and destroys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rt2X6My3tVU

https://io9.gizmodo.com/when-you-ove...wea-1682497376

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4303863/
Old 04-03-2019, 03:31 AM
Master
Okay. ...perhaps you can snow a few gulible people with all that tripe......but....just so you know.......I have a masters degree in organic chemistry and have been involved the chemical engineering industry for many years....

Most of what you just posted....well above 90% ....is complete nonsense.

And again. .....there is absolutely nothing wrong with eating eggs.

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 04-03-2019, 03:43 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
No animal husbandry?

I watched a German documentary and was shocked at how cruel modern farming practices are. So sad. I wish the TV would show more of this stuff to people like me (who are ignorant and should be educated)
Old 04-03-2019, 09:55 AM
Master
Quote:
I think that the real argument for a food choice should be whether it is harmful to anyone, including the other living beings involved which are the humans.. in that case eating eggs is unethical because it is harmful to the humans who would eat them, especially if those eggs are cooked which let's be honest more than 98% of humans eating eggs are going to do.
Humans have choice, but when it causes serious damage to others or the environment we can discuss what to do about it. If there is no significant negative impact to others than individual choice triumphs. That goes for unhealthy food, smoking, drinking, etc. There's a thin line between collective impact and individual choice but it's there. If we go as far as to suggest even on an individual level we can't do x or y to ourselves then we crossed that line. Some weeks ago I had the same discussion on sex and masturbation. There's a line between causing violence to others on the one hand and not doing so but perhaps staying in ignorance by yourself. If we don't acknowledge the difference we enter a place I wouldn't want to go..

I think we should do something about the intensive animal farms, as it concerns other living beings and the environment as a whole (for instance, jungles destroyed so crops can be grown, which is then shipped to farm animals). This is of course different from having your own chickens or eating eggs from chickens that eat seeds and local insects.

I doubt most people cook their eggs. In most places I've been, both sides of the Atlantic Ocean, people baked their eggs..
Old 05-03-2019, 10:42 AM
Master
there is no reaching Heartsound, there is a lot wrong with eating the ovulation of another animal. At the very core of the reality of the "food product" is how alkaline or how acidic it turns as ash in the body, and you'll be hard-pressed to find a person that needs more acid corroding their system, because acid corrosion is one of the most basic definitions of disease, in almost every case. There's a such thing as alkalosis but it's not common. There's also the matter of eating weird chicky hormones and other bodily constituents meant for chicks. I'm sorry but there are a lot of facts supporting the truth of egg consumption being less than savory, so if that is what you mean by reaching, maybe you're right about there being a lot of reaching since there's a lot of truths to reach at and point out.
I don't just seek out the truth about foods for fun, it's because I actually care and want to save myself and others from being exposed to toxicity and eating things that harm us. and I am vegan now but I still eat a lot of things I will tell you are bad if they are, which you probably also wouldn't believe but the facts speak for themselves, and if you purified your diet and then ate the culprits you'd experience it for yourself. though of course we can often tell right away when something we've eaten doesn't make us feel the best. we've also become numb to it though. or rather we don't know what feeling truly good is like so we think it's normal how we feel after eating a particularly depressing meal that causes deep damage to our bodies. anyways, when I was turning from vegetarian to vegan and still ate some stuff with eggs here and there, suddenly I was able to feel the terrible effects the eggs were having on my body when I did eat them. The phrase "heebie jeebies" is one I'd use to describe it.. like things were crawling all over inside my body and my feet and legs were restless and extra painful and my head wanted to explode a bit.. I already was spending time learning why dairy and eggs were unhealthy, but that definitely helped convince me firsthand. *shudders* so I am really sorry if you think they are healthy, but the science and common sense and eventual experience if you ever weaned off of them will prove otherwise

Altair I'm sorry I just use the word cook as a general term for heating food, whatever method it is.
Well, I think there was a big jail study where they turned the inmates vegan and they stopped being violent hateful people, so there is an example of how people not eating any animal products turns the world into a better place. The likelihood of any of them becoming factory farmers if they got out is small. I personally am against any person harming themselves, or others or animals. I think it is clear that self-harm, especially with lifestyle choices of food and diet, cause a lot of the ugliness in the world and even if it doesn't turn you violent, often one's suffering is hurting another. honestly the suffering of any person is hurtful to me. I could be accused of being too sensitive or nosy but if I could I'd make it my business to help everyone stop their senseless suffering.. which is why I try to post the truth as I have gratefully found it for anyone that is open to learning or exploring it.. unfortunately willful ignorance and unwillingness to venture the truth is one of the worst ways people hurt themselves, and each other.
Old 05-03-2019, 10:58 AM
Master
Quote:
there is no reaching Heartsound, there is a lot wrong with eating the ovulation of another animal. At the very core of the reality of the "food product" is how alkaline or how acidic it turns as ash in the body, and you'll be hard-pressed to find a person that needs more acid corroding their system, because acid corrosion is one of the most basic definitions of disease, in almost every case. There's a such thing as alkalosis but it's not common. There's also the matter of eating weird chicky hormones and other bodily constituents meant for chicks. I'm sorry but there are a lot of facts supporting the truth of egg consumption being less than savory, so if that is what you mean by reaching, maybe you're right about there being a lot of reaching since there's a lot of truths to reach at and point out.
I don't just seek out the truth about foods for fun, it's because I actually care and want to save myself and others from being exposed to toxicity and eating things that harm us. and I am vegan now but I still eat a lot of things I will tell you are bad if they are, which you probably also wouldn't believe but the facts speak for themselves, and if you purified your diet and then ate the culprits you'd experience it for yourself. though of course we can often tell right away when something we've eaten doesn't make us feel the best. we've also become numb to it though. or rather we don't know what feeling truly good is like so we think it's normal how we feel after eating a particularly depressing meal that causes deep damage to our bodies. anyways, when I was turning from vegetarian to vegan and still ate some stuff with eggs here and there, suddenly I was able to feel the terrible effects the eggs were having on my body when I did eat them. The phrase "heebie jeebies" is one I'd use to describe it.. like things were crawling all over inside my body and my feet and legs were restless and extra painful and my head wanted to explode a bit.. I already was spending time learning why dairy and eggs were unhealthy, but that definitely helped convince me firsthand. *shudders* so I am really sorry if you think they are healthy, but the science and common sense and eventual experience if you ever weaned off of them will prove otherwise

Altair I'm sorry I just use the word cook as a general term for heating food, whatever method it is.
Well, I think there was a big jail study where they turned the inmates vegan and they stopped being violent hateful people, so there is an example of how people not eating any animal products turns the world into a better place. The likelihood of any of them becoming factory farmers if they got out is small. I personally am against any person harming themselves, or others or animals. I think it is clear that self-harm, especially with lifestyle choices of food and diet, cause a lot of the ugliness in the world and even if it doesn't turn you violent, often one's suffering is hurting another. honestly the suffering of any person is hurtful to me. I could be accused of being too sensitive or nosy but if I could I'd make it my business to help everyone stop their senseless suffering.. which is why I try to post the truth as I have gratefully found it for anyone that is open to learning or exploring it.. unfortunately willful ignorance and unwillingness to venture the truth is one of the worst ways people hurt themselves, and each other.

I read about the prison, and the vegetarian food policy also included a whole host of rehabilative measures, so it's hard to tell which measures contributed what percentage of benefits to the inmates. Prisoners who refused to participate were refuse access to such measures, and no change was made to how they were housed and treated.

"During the time Mooreland directed the prison the new inmates could choose if they wanted to participate in the New Start program that consisted of a vegan diet, bible studies, occupational training, and anger management.
The inmates who opted for the traditional California Department of Corrections routine continued to be fed the standard high carbohydrate starchy menu and did not have the option to participate in rehabilitative programs." (https://www.prisonerresource.com/rec...ts-recidivism/)
Old 05-03-2019, 11:47 AM
Master
2 Eggs, at 12g protein, and 15g fat, with 180 odd cals - have some iron maybe 15% daily dose, and not too bad for B vitamins including 50% daily B12, a bit of phosphorus and high in selenium... not much else. Not a bad food, and not a 'great food', but a OK within an overall balanced diet. The 370 mg of cholestoral in 2 eggs is over most daily recommendations of 300 mg (We don't need dietary cholesterol) so that's maybe not so good - I mean, it doesn't do any good. But the 3 g of saturated fat (very little) is not such a concern as 7 or 8 g of 'good fat' is also there.

Not the healthiest food in town, so I wouldn't go overboard, but not too bad within a well balanced diet. Besides, it's almost Easter and what is it with those rabbit eggs? How does that make sense?
Old 05-03-2019, 01:33 PM
Master
Quote:

When we make the claim that it is unethical to treat yourself poorly, in whatever way, we open a whole new discussion. I am not against people harming themselves. You cannot stop it from occurring anyway. I believe everyone should be free to sin in peace, unless that involves dragging others unwillingly with them or if it were to have significant negative impact on the world. Without making bad decisions in life we cannot learn anything.

So relating this back to the chickens... If we drag chickens down to paths that are harmful to them then I object, since chickens are unlikely to want to be harmed.
However, egg production can be harmless and the chickens are also offered shelter, protection, and food.