Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Lounge

Old 17-11-2023, 04:50 AM
Dude111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I remember when gasoline was .28 and .32 cents a gallon...in the US.
Yes those were the g00d days!!
Old 17-11-2023, 01:10 PM
Master

I remember when there was nothing open on a Sunday . It was SO quiet everywhere .
And certainly no 24 hour opening as in supermarkets and petrol stations etc.
Sunday's were lovely.
We had a roast dinner and all the family were together .
In winter we played board games and in summer we had days out.
Old 17-11-2023, 07:54 PM
Pathfinder

I remember when I was 4 and my dad taking me into our back garden and saying people are on the moon tonight, over 50 years a go now.
That time's flown by.
Old 17-11-2023, 08:32 PM
Master
Seems dear for crisps that Angel,we had a very limited selection of snacks at junior school in early seventies with three types of crisps think Puffs were the cheapest at 2d,salt n shake 3d,there were also penny wafers,I used to sometimes get a small bottle of pop with my 3d or was it 3p,cant recall if we had decimilised by then,also Caramacs were a cheap option,now being phased out.My first wage was £12 a week and had to walk about six miles to work as I couldn't afford the adult busfare,I got away with paying child rate for a while but my work clothes gave me away eventually!
Old 17-11-2023, 08:48 PM
Pathfinder

I remember bounty bars and milky ways being in paper wrappers with a cardboard type holder under them, that must have been over 30 years a go now.
I suppose they did away with the cardboard holders to save money.
Old 17-11-2023, 09:50 PM
Ascender
I remember when kids played outside all day, all year long, summer, winter and in between only coming home when the streetlights went on...
Old 17-11-2023, 09:59 PM
Master
I remember when children had respect for elders and recall a moment that's friends we called ever mum and dad friends auntie and uncle we did and the were like auntie and uncle to us
Plus I remember when you say please and thank you as a child you don't hear that much these days

i dream dreams all dreams
🌟🌟🌙🌙☔☔🌆🌆🌁😈😎😒💋💑💑💑💌🍨🍩🍔🌟🌟🌟✴🍩🍔
Old 18-11-2023, 05:57 AM
Master

Ooohhhh I can totally relate to every single one of the above posts and experienced/ did same with all of them....
( Me thinks we are all giving our ages away here haha...)
Old 18-11-2023, 06:55 AM
Master

Speaking of buses, Podshell reminded me of them.
Everyone used to go into town on the buses as not many people had cars in those days.
Do you remember when the buses were all double deckers and you got on at the back ( it had no doors, just a pole in the middle !) And the stairs were at the back and spiralled round to the top deck.There was a conductor/conductress with a ticket machine strapped across their body. I used to be fascinated by this ticket machine . They would punch the fare in and wind a little handle and tear your ticket off....
And how on earth did they remember who had just got on in order to get the fare on a crowded bus ?...
Happy days.
Old 18-11-2023, 01:50 PM
Pathfinder

Also they had smoking upstairs on the double decker buses.
My parents and uncles would go up there for a cigarette, ashtrays were on the back of the seats.