Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-01-2019, 01:11 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
To make the distinction, that's power-over and generally we give that power-over us away - the beliefs only have that power because we give them the power. Power-over is external, and beliefs have no inherent power of their own.

This is empowerment and it's very different because it's internal. When you have empowerment external power becomes pretty meaningless and you find that you have the power of yourself and the power-over your beliefs, they don't have power-over you. It becomes not a question of faith but knowing what you have.

I agree, you must give power out over yourself in order for power to be there. One must be very careful and wise when investing power in others over yourself. I have had y fair share of blunders, but you live and you learn, and that is power too.
Old 22-01-2019, 01:13 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryad
In the spiritual context I would say power is what I am, not just something I have. It is acquired and attained and developed and trained over time as the process of learning and growing. There is a clear pattern of growth as one gets stronger and more powerful. Perhaps it could be described as strength is how much energy you have but power is whether or not you can control it. Cos some people have the strength but their awareness of it is all subconscious so they have no control.

I know people like to think there is no objective comparable way to tell how strong someone is. But there are recognisable markers in the aura that can show how strong people are and which stage of growth they are in. And which go hand in hand with enlightenment. Which is probably how enlightened people are able to recognise other enlightened people.

Not only that but there are many paths of seeing where the seer can just see and witness the true essence of reality. A seer has no problem witnessing acts of power and measuring how much power one has.
Old 22-01-2019, 01:16 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziusudra
Alright.
The first thing that comes to my mind about power is that power is given.
What I am staying here is the social power.
Including spiritual power of spiritual leaders, their powers are bestowed by their followers.
Power itself is nothing when it can not change or will others under it.

I agree power is given often, but not only given. Power is also hunted and claimed, crafted by the practitioner. Controlling one's belief is power, controlling one's faith. Controlling the forms of knowledge we choose to activate is also power.
Old 22-01-2019, 01:18 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
what were you left with? i liken it to a bull ride. you hang on tell she runs out of steam. really hard for me to imagine it not being worth. but i would say was the most beautiful and crazy ride i could of ever imagined. but again. worth it for me. but can understand why somebody wouldn't hop on.

Well it certainly set me out on a spiritual journey of power and awakening. It didnt leave me crazy as I worked through it and retained my marbles. It was a great experience and I have been working with it again.
Old 22-01-2019, 01:20 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Molearner, I found your earlier post...I missed this

Yes, agreed full stop...IMO it is as you say.
Control over others is misaligned with What Is and thus must be constantly (re)imposed and continually (re)asserted with self- or group-based shows of force, propaganda, aggrandisement, and so forth.

True power is centred and right-aligned with Source, and from this centre, authentic love is shared and can be made manifest in each moment.

Peace & blessings
7L

Then let me give you anther example.. I had some people who learned a lot form me and one of those things was how to command. I was very sick in my mind and needed help and so I reached out to this group of people who then began commanding me to heal. I healed in minutes and felt wonderful. That is control over me.
Old 22-01-2019, 02:54 AM
Deactivated Account
so i mentioned kundalini. so now another direction.

in life it takes experince to strengthen ones core. i can think of nothing better than spending some time in the military. im not even the type that does well with lots of rules and so on. but if nothing else 2 years or 4 years to give up for what you get out of it can be priceless.

its like this. lets just look at the first step. bootcamp. your young. maybe never left the state. 80 or so of you from all over wind up in one room. every background imaginable. you can forget about comforts, privacy, and so on. you get to have a couple of drill sargents with extensive training yelling, screaming, demeaning, basically doing everything in their power to break you down. add some sleep depreviation perhaps and some fairly intense exercise.

after its through. ten weeks or whatever it is today. and you make it. you will never be the same again. you will have a power inside that will be with you for the rest of your life. when things are hard. you can find some strength by remembering that you can do it. because you have before. and will again.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 22-01-2019, 03:21 AM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
so i mentioned kundalini. so now another direction.

in life it takes experince to strengthen ones core. i can think of nothing better than spending some time in the military. im not even the type that does well with lots of rules and so on. but if nothing else 2 years or 4 years to give up for what you get out of it can be priceless.

its like this. lets just look at the first step. bootcamp. your young. maybe never left the state. 80 or so of you from all over wind up in one room. every background imaginable. you can forget about comforts, privacy, and so on. you get to have a couple of drill sargents with extensive training yelling, screaming, demeaning, basically doing everything in their power to break you down. add some sleep depreviation perhaps and some fairly intense exercise.

after its through. ten weeks or whatever it is today. and you make it. you will never be the same again. you will have a power inside that will be with you for the rest of your life. when things are hard. you can find some strength by remembering that you can do it. because you have before. and will again.

Yeah that is true, and I think that same power can be found by going through mental and physical hardships, challenges, pain, trauma. Some of the toughest people have been through hell and back.
Old 22-01-2019, 01:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerubiel
Then let me give you anther example.. I had some people who learned a lot form me and one of those things was how to command. I was very sick in my mind and needed help and so I reached out to this group of people who then began commanding me to heal. I healed in minutes and felt wonderful. That is control over me.
Kerubiel, what I see is that this group focused nurturing or uplifting attention and energies onto you...which is a form of authentic love for another human being or soul.

You allowed yourself to engage with these energies and you felt some immediate relief...which doesn't always occur but often can.

I don't see that as "power over". But I agree that when we align our own energies and when we align with the energies of others, it is powerful. Particularly when in service of authentic love and for no other reason. Such as any energies focused on any sort of healing, regardless of any immediate or long-term outcome.

This is the huge "hidden secret". It's not the destination. It really is the journey. When you engage with authentically loving intent (with self and with others) then you are becoming the change you want and need to see in the world.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke