Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 10-04-2013, 06:14 PM
Master
Where does it come from ?

Where does the need to love and be loved come from ?

From when we start to understand love, and we watch romantic movies, we say to ourselves i want love like that, a loving partner who loves me etc. etc.

Obviously, eternal love is content without the need or want for love.

Just curious as to some thoughts. thanks
Old 11-04-2013, 11:38 AM
stephanie79

Hello!
Everyone has such a different background story to tell, everyone's life is completely different but the two true thing that we all strive for is happiness and pure love...

I personally do not watch films like the notebook etc as I personally feel that they are too full of bull because life doesn't work like that (must my personal opinion) I think it's very sweet and very cute but I do think you must work hard and not be overly attached to things that you want/people that you want in your life for it to work...

I personally believe I have found my twin flame and we have recently got too 'obsessed' with each other that we got too intense and too needy perhaps? I believe you should really just let nature run, it's course let things be, trust the universe, trust yourself.

I think you don't 'need' anything, if you are true to yourself and love yourself first and foremost then you can love others.

For years I didn't love myself, I clinged on to relationships that were so negative it was unreal, I got hurt, I got ****ed up, yadda yadda but you know what that was ME allowing MYSELF to get hurt...

I also think what other people say in a harsh way is their problem boiling up inside them not you xxx

anyways, prob gone off the point lol but hope that helped?
Old 11-04-2013, 04:20 PM
Nada

Quote:

Love does NOT come from the need.
However, we have need to have, to feel, and to give what love generates.

Love itself arises from our own souls.
Our souls are made of love.
Love is our essence.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:01 PM
Master

I've needed love since a baby, as all babies need love to thrive.
Then I needed love because I couldn't be myself without someone to teach me language. With language, my mind and my "self" grew.
As I got older, that language- and concept-based self grew more complex and individuated and more difficult to maintain as a result. So where my self was complex, sometimes I needed complex things and people outside myself to balance it. In my subjectivity, I need some input from others to keep me from becoming overly subjective and deluded.
As I get older still, I think I can become more independent, but I still want to keep interacting with others because they have things I don't have, and because my heart demands that I interact with others, or else my love has nowhere to go and I feel it stagnates. Also, I have things others don't have. And the give and take is what life is about, in my view. Even with God(s) I sense give and take, not just undifferentiated whole. Differentiated, holographic, connected many.
Old 12-04-2013, 04:03 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeandOneness

F

Need is the keyword here. It comes from ones dependent emotions due to a lack of love one feels for oneself or emptiness one feels inside as a result. Therefore we seek the love of another to fill this emptiness as depicted in the movies. Love thyself first and foremost and feel the joy in that.

Quote:
Obviously, eternal love is content without the need or want for love.

Love is a vibratory field that surrounds us all, not an emotion as I described above. The whole point of the spiritual pursuit IMO, is to let go of the blockages, fears and false beliefs within so that we may experience this love field within and around us and not to depend on another to fill it for us.

That said, we all desire to share our love with one another. Doing so from an emotionally needy standpoint is a dead end and the reason for trouble in relationships. Loving oneself before loving another fills that hole and is the basis for the most satisfying healthy relationships.