Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 11-09-2011, 04:08 AM
Laura

Have You Ever Been in Love? If so, how did it feel?

I thought this could be a positive thread about something truly grand - the human ability to fall in love! I speak not of loving yourself, God, the Universe, or art. Just falling in love with people.

I want to know if you've ever been in love. I've always heard people say it makes your heart race faster, that you can never stop thinking about the other person - but how does it feel? How strong was it? Did it take over your whole being? Was it unrequited?

I love my friends with all my heart, but I've never been in love in any romantic relationship. For a while I've been saying "I've never been in love", but an old childhood memory is starting to make me second-guess myself. So really, what is it like to be in love?
Old 11-09-2011, 04:49 AM
Docha

Wow, hmmm how to answer, yes and all of the above? Lol

In my experience, there are many different kinds of 'in love' I've fallen at first sight, grown into it, loved from afar...

It makes your soul smile. Well at least mine. I've never been one to describe things as electric, or fireworks etc.

For me a thought or memory makes me smile. I get anxious, not nervous, more like excited to see or interact with them. My belly does flipflops but its more like when you were a kid and you wake up to your birthday or christmas, excited...lol

I think of them often and find myself wanting to do things for them just because. To see them smile is enough. I can't help but reach out and touch them, a little squeeze of a hand. A touch on the arm etc. Not grabby, just a hey I'm here sort of thing.

Kisses don't make my knees weak, lol but if you've ever kissed someone you're not fond of, its kind of 'gross' you think ewww, I don't like that! But in love its not gross or awkward, its just 'right'. Like 'this is how it should be'.

So many describe love in dreamy ways, in words I would never use..it took me a long time to figure out what it was to me. I always looked for the fireworks. They've never showed up! I guess that really is in reference to how one feels when watching the show..lol not actually seeing them! I don't know.

But it is energizing, inspiring, and it makes me smile.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:12 AM
Knower
I just wrote out a long post, and it disappeared- He always told me I was his inspiration, he had a wonderful way with words.

Falling in love is magical, all come down to one word: chemistry. It also makes you feel so vulnerable that you could get your heart shattered.

You want to shout it from the highest mountain top, you have a a grin on your face all the time and others kept telling me that they knew I was in love with him before I knew it. He made me feel so special, he made me laugh, he made me miss him more than I thought I ever could miss someone, his glance across a crowded room made me nervous and happy, the special nicknames we had for each other...I was Freckles, how he would do things to surprise me, he bought me a pumpkin for Halloween, those middle of the night heart to heart conversations were the best, he said I made him a better man, he was all along, I thought he was the "hottest" guy I ever saw, the physical attraction was there but he loved my soul and I loved his soul. He was the only man I ever made love to that made me cry afterwards-being happy tears. Then he died unexpectedly and I have closed my heart down to others, I compare every guy I meet to him, and wonder when I see him again, if he will still love me. I dream of him, I feel his presence around me especially when I have a bad day and cry.

Never ever take your love for granted. I miss little things he did for me, like brush my hair while watching the ocean. We were there every chance we had, when we were there, it was just he and I in our own little world.

There is no better feeling than being in love. It's like walking on clouds knowing that someone has your heart and vice versa. And yes, I would have died for him.

The last thing he said to me...Pointing to the black sky littered with sequined stars...I've been there and back again~

Last edited by forevergirl : 11-09-2011 at 06:19 AM.
Old 11-09-2011, 07:48 AM
Natalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by forevergirl
I just wrote out a long post, and it disappeared- He always told me I was his inspiration, he had a wonderful way with words.

Falling in love is magical, all come down to one word: chemistry. It also makes you feel so vulnerable that you could get your heart shattered.

You want to shout it from the highest mountain top, you have a a grin on your face all the time and others kept telling me that they knew I was in love with him before I knew it. He made me feel so special, he made me laugh, he made me miss him more than I thought I ever could miss someone, his glance across a crowded room made me nervous and happy, the special nicknames we had for each other...I was Freckles, how he would do things to surprise me, he bought me a pumpkin for Halloween, those middle of the night heart to heart conversations were the best, he said I made him a better man, he was all along, I thought he was the "hottest" guy I ever saw, the physical attraction was there but he loved my soul and I loved his soul. He was the only man I ever made love to that made me cry afterwards-being happy tears. Then he died unexpectedly and I have closed my heart down to others, I compare every guy I meet to him, and wonder when I see him again, if he will still love me. I dream of him, I feel his presence around me especially when I have a bad day and cry.

Never ever take your love for granted. I miss little things he did for me, like brush my hair while watching the ocean. We were there every chance we had, when we were there, it was just he and I in our own little world.

There is no better feeling than being in love. It's like walking on clouds knowing that someone has your heart and vice versa. And yes, I would have died for him.

This makes my eyes fill up. Beautiful.
Old 11-09-2011, 12:36 PM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura
I want to know if you've ever been in love. I've always heard people say it makes your heart race faster, that you can never stop thinking about the other person - but how does it feel? How strong was it? Did it take over your whole being? Was it unrequited?

It was unrequited. This was for a charming girl who was in a relationship with a friend of mine. I was in undergraduate college at the time.

And it was the most amazing experience of my life. I was walking on "Cloud 9" for more than a month. It was a great sense of euphoria, and it wasn't particularly "selfish", either. I just wanted her to be happy, and if she was happy with another man, that was fine with me.

I can't confirm that my heart raced faster. But I did sing spontaneously in my car while driving. I also felt that love was hanging in the air about me like an invisible cloud. I almost thought that I could see this love.

My emotional barriers had dropped completely, and I felt more deeply then than I had ever felt before, or since. I was a more open person, even after the experience. I wasn't quite the same person going in as coming out.

To directly answer your questions, the experience felt like euphoria, it was overwhelmingly strong, and it took over my whole being and parts of my being I didn't even know were there.

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 11-09-2011, 02:16 PM
Master
Being in love feels like a warm hug for the soul...and that no matter what happens in life, there is beauty within it... there is a truth of who we are at our core being reflected back at us through our loved ones eyes and embrace...

"you know that you have found your passion when your love for it overrides any fear to attain it..."-Solace
Old 11-09-2011, 04:49 PM
sesheta

Being in love is so hard to describe exactly! I am currently in true love for the first time in my life (almost 40) and it amazes me every day.
It is about wanting that other person to just be happy all the time; to want to help them, or do anything you can, to make their day/life better or to ease their pain/anger/frustration.
It is about missing them horribly when they aren't around - feels like a piece of yourself is missing....
With me...everyone around me says I'm "glowing" now - that's how love makes you feel- like there's a glow inside you that warms you all the time, and it somehow shines through to everyone around you, too.
Old 12-09-2011, 12:15 AM
Aquatic_Dragon

Yes, and as bad as it sounds I am kind of dependent on love to help me through life, thats why I do not take break ups so well. Love to me is such a great feeling it makes me feel i have a purpose, when that love is broken i feel a sense of nothingness.
Old 12-09-2011, 09:56 PM
hawkmoth65

Yes I've been in love,and still am.My wonderful wife and I have been together for 16 years now.I love everything about her,the freckles on her arms,the way she frowns while she is sleeping and the way her tousled hair sticks up over the edge of the duvet.The way I catch her smiling at something funny on the TV,the way she cries at anything sad (especially if it involves children).The way she puts on a brave face when she is in pain with her crohns disease,the way she battles her chronic fatigue syndrome without a word of complaint.

And how does love feel?It makes your heart race,makes you yearn for the company of that person,to feel like part of you is missing when they are not there.It makes you feel like you are one soul and not two,and makes you wonder how you ever managed to live your life before you met them.And ultimately,makes you dread the day when you will be forced to part,in this life at least.So yes love can be painful too,and there are many different kinds that can each play havoc with your heart.
Old 12-09-2011, 10:02 PM
hawkmoth65

Quote:
Originally Posted by forevergirl

Forevergirl,that is heartrendingly sad.I know you will meet him again when the time comes