Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 10-12-2012, 03:28 AM
Experiencer
Location: Adelaide, Australia - but born and bred in Ireland:)
Not evil, no. They just know "things" that we have no idea about ;)
Old 10-12-2012, 04:48 AM
Henri77

Why is it that many men hate cats??

Is it that they're much like some women, aloof and self serving? Unpredictable.

just read this
"In ancient Egypt cats were protected by law, and anyone harming a cat was treated harshly."

"Yet Christianity persecuted- killed cats over a 1000 yr period, associating them with witchcraft & Satan."

Alien.. I don't doubt it.
One day science will discover they're smarter than dolphins, yet play dumb to fool humans.
Certainly more cunning, as they train their owners quite often.

I love 'em regardless, but I'm just a gullible human.
Old 10-12-2012, 07:27 AM
Master

I've had cats act as guides and friends in dreams so I like 'em!
Old 10-12-2012, 08:09 AM
glenos

Utter nonsense. Spiritual Forums gets better every day dunnit...

G
Old 10-12-2012, 09:21 AM
Suspended

Depends on what colour they are.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:05 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonboo
are cats evil?
Moonboo the way i see it is if one believes cats are evil, one will probably relate all cat behaviours to that perceived/individualized idea of evil ...
Old 10-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Ecthalion

Cats are not evil. Being carnivores and killing for sport means that they are less "aware" of "God" than we are and more bound to the physical world. But you could say the same of some humans!
Old 10-12-2012, 11:03 AM
Niebla0007

Cats are animals

I like cats, but I don't like the way they play with their prey and slowly kills them. Surely do not wanna be that prey esp for a tiger or lion.
Shammans will probably like them better.
Witches like their black cats,too. Don't wanna think about what they did to them in the old days-certainly not because cats are evil.
They are Good Luck in Japan, and yes, kinda the same in Egypt only that it has something to do with Goddess Bast.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Quagmire

One could argue that the black cat crossing the road causes the accident/bad luck while other might say it warns you about it and it is your own fault if you do not listen to the warning It seems that the unknown/undesired has a way of getting catagorized as evil, this does not mean it on an universal plan is so. As far as I understand it Felines are renown as light beings guiding us through the mist of the world showing us the depth and worth of oneself as the moon guides us through the night.

Quote:
Cats have more rods in the retinas of their eyes which enable them to see very well in the dark. Darkness is often associated with mankind's fears. Since the cat is at home in the dark, it is a highly valuable ally into the world of the supernatural and the unknown.

In ancient Egypt, cats guarded the temple gates and were used to fend off evil. In Scandinavia the cat was used to represent fertility.

Cats are extremely independent and combine a high degree of sensuality with a deeply psychic and spiritual nature. It is impossible to own a cat. They may allow you to take care of them and give them love, but only on their terms. Cats come and go as and when they wish to.

Maybe when people say anything is evil it is nothing more than a projection of their own fears. But to answer the question of OP: Some perceive them as evil, while others do not. To me they are just Purrfect the way they are
Old 10-12-2012, 12:36 PM
Pathfinder
Of course they are, in the minds of superstitious ignorants. Just like snakes, owls, lizards and other useful creatures (in fact all creatures are useful and play an equally important part in maintaining the ecosystem), they've been long associated with evil, witchcraft and bad omens. Also, people claim cats to be "selfish", especially when compared to dog. Unlike dogs, who in their natural state live and hunt in packs on which they are totally dependent, cats are independent creatures and don't require a "pack" to fit in. Dogs view their owner as "alphas" and they must obey all orders or they risk exclusion from the pack, while the cats view humans as a source of food and security, but they don't "need" us and don't have the instinct to obey us or constantly try to please us. Cats are wonderful creatures, in terms of instincts, adaptability, agility, usefulness to humans and, of course, cuteness.