Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 17-08-2011, 05:36 AM
Experiencer
Belief is what creates your reality on the spirit planes
Old 17-08-2011, 05:39 AM
glenos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerraStorm
Belief is what creates your reality on the spirit planes

No, what you do here in the physical is what you take to the spirit planes, nothing more, nothing less. Belief doesn't come into it. If in the physical you believe that you are a 'good person' when infact you are not then you are positioned in that reality. The reality that you have created for yourself by your thoughts, actions/deeds, and motives.

Me affraid of death, no chance, not a bit of it. Let me try to complete the work I have set myself and then yeah, take me home daddyo, and lets have a look.

WOW, Terrastorm 33 posts in 53 mins or there abouts... you're busy!
Old 17-08-2011, 07:04 AM
Eudaimonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulChapmanTasmania
Anything your mind can think of and everything your heart can feel is dominated by the ego, and therfore [sic] not to be trusted. You will Never enter into spirituality through reason.

Oddly enough, this sounds precisely like an ego statement, and an attempt at reason (see bold above).

eudaimonia,

Mark
Old 17-08-2011, 10:22 AM
PaulChapmanTasmania

Hey Eudomonia, there all ego statements my friend. And my ego is HUGE.
As for an attempt at reason ............. What can I say :-)
Old 17-08-2011, 10:42 AM
Topology

The body will fear its demise and resist it, but when you come into contact with the part of you that was there before you were born and will persist past the death of the body, you realize there is nothing to fear in and of itself.

Hell life without understanding.
Old 17-08-2011, 01:35 PM
what2believe

What I believe about death is like going home, not physically, but spiritually. That's why I am really not afraid of death as I know the consciousness of ME after the physical death is still there observing, feeling, thinkng and remembering...after that hanging around and meeting friends in the astral plane, the spirit will incarnate with a new identity and body in earth again. The after-death state in most cases will be a blissful experience unless the one chooses not to, those are usually people die with intense negative emotional attachment.

I agree that uncertainty and unknown do bring about fear.
Old 17-08-2011, 04:29 PM
PaulChapmanTasmania

Every single letter and word has a spiritual root. As I said before in my original post the word death has nothing to do with the demise of the physical body. Forget about your body, in reality it doesn't exist.
As for being calmed by the belief that life continues after death and you will be reincarnated, this is simply religion. Religion is the belief in a reward for good deeds done, or punishment for bad deeds.
If you know the Origin & purpose of life, you have a framework in which to evaluate wether or not what you are experiencing in any moment is "life" or "death".
FEAR is actually a motivating force. Peace is highly subjective and retarding in nature.
Old 17-08-2011, 05:38 PM
Sundialed

for the same reasons that i was not afraid of birth.
Old 17-08-2011, 05:39 PM
PaulChapmanTasmania

This world is designed to develop consciousness to the spiritual level. The spiritual level is WHOLENESS. What this world is experiencing, in its new technology, is globalisation, the inter-connectedness of life; a simulation of its spiritual root, and yet it is in crisis.
It is in crisis because the efforts to balance, control and live within this world, to find solutions, all come from corporeality. As we attempt to fix one area, another is adversly affected.

A method to bring the world to the spiritual level
Everything is inside in regard to research – We need to correct ourselves.
To correct the world as something external is of no use.

Our thoughts shape the world, a "good" thought in egoistic terms means we are as good as or better than our neighbour, a bad thought means there is nothing in this for me. Using the ego for self gain results in suffering for the entire world.
The ego reveals to us, through our perception of the world that we are isolated, individuals living in a world full of other isolated individuals; this is NOT TRUE, we are integrally connected, WE ARE ONE.

We can use a desire to enter the spiritual to hasten the conscious development of the entire world towards this state. And this forum is perfect to aid in that.

The purpose of this world, in this individual perception, is to give us the opportunity to correct this nature.

What and how do we correct? Human society is a cancerous tumour upon life – How can we come to harmony? By studying the laws of the integrated systems of nature, we have to study ourselves as falling out of balance with this system.

We correct ourselves by realising the oppositeness of our nature, we need not correct anything inside of ourself, simply the connection between others. We have to come and accept ourselves as we are, we simply leave this alone, it will come to its correct usage if I connect with others. Each is unique and perfect in their own way and provides exactly what is required for the good of the entire world.

If I study correct relations with others I will detect all the spiritual qualities within even the most hated ones and realise they are necessary in order to bring the world to wholeness. So we shouldn't under any circumstance try and correct ourselves, we have no short comings, accept those in the connection between us. So when we study together, this intention should be in place.

When we can guarantee that each will think about the others and understand that all the others are his irreplaceable parts, and his whole life depends only on him being connected to everyone else.

This is a movement towards life, towards connection, and death becomes the reminder to yearn once again for the recognition that we are all connected.
This is a psychological switch, not mystical.
Old 17-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWizard
I'm curious about something yan. I'm not sure if you read my post which is right up above you, but i do wonder if you know we are saying the same thing in different words?

Not that i have any problem at all with someone saying the same thing as me in their own unique way, infact to see it just fills me with alot of peace and contentment.

I do wonder if you seen it too though or if its just me being the weirdo that i am ;). lol

btw, i'm talking specifically about the words in quotes that i said and the phrase that i quoted from your post. Though the similarities are sudble and not obvious at all.

I said: However, by discovering your soul, your inner being, your spirit by experiencing it directly within yourself can and does free you from that fear. In knowing what you really are - the essence of you that doesn't die - the fear fades away.

You said: " If our mind takes everything personal then we fear losing things and get hurt when they are taken from us. If our minds are open and conscious of what's going on outside of our own emotions and feelings then we lose all fear. "

Wizard... In a way these points are similar because we both suggest taking a more self-aware and detached view of whatever we experience... rather than from emotional reactivity.

But I am suggesting we can go another step, into discovering through our own inner experience the pure being we are in essence, which has no conflict or issues or fears of any kind.

Does this make sense?

Xan