Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > General Paranormal

Old 22-01-2013, 02:33 AM
mom

false guides

Not sure which section this falls under, but thought this was best. If i know someone who believes very adamantly and strongly without any room for wavering, that they have several spirit guides that are true and guiding him to truth and knowledge, that i personally see in my minds eye to not be as high and good natured. At one point i expressdd only a small portion of this, only saying that my personal belief is that i dont view the idea of spirit guides the same way he does. Ever since then our "friendship" has been on and off with him verbally attacking me with practically everything i say, twisting my words into things that was clearly not meant to be so, and repeatedly vocally dropping me as a friend. Is it possible that what i see about who he views as spirit guides is correct and he is greatly being influenced to shove me further away because of it? Just the other day i had another incident with this person, who again did those same things towards me after sharing an innocent comment, and in my minds eye i saw those spirits he welcomes and keeps around him (thinking are guides) were clapping and cheering happily once i became so upset by this person. Would a spirit that has someone fooled in that manner go to those lengths to keep me at bay, being someone thay may possibly found them out? Or does it seem like all of this is most likely coinsidental?
Old 24-01-2013, 02:56 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom
Is it possible that what i see about who he views as spirit guides is correct and he is greatly being influenced to shove me further away because of it? Just the other day i had another incident with this person, who again did those same things towards me after sharing an innocent comment, and in my minds eye i saw those spirits he welcomes and keeps around him (thinking are guides) were clapping and cheering happily once i became so upset by this person. Would a spirit that has someone fooled in that manner go to those lengths to keep me at bay, being someone thay may possibly found them out?

This sounds to me more like an incompatibility of values, and personally boundaries/needs that cannot be mutually respected and nurtured. Evidently, his spiritual journey was precious to him, and your statement was taken as a personal attack, an oppressive opinion that invalidated his interpretation and experience. These guides would be cheering that he "stood up" for himself, which, the way I put it, is not a bad thing.

That said, there is definitely more constructive ways to have resolved the conflict than for him to make passive-aggressive jabs, and purposely get you upset, in an attempt to empower himself once more. When someone's going down what you see as a bad path... I think the only thing to do is to protect yourself and let them. Because, say love and light all you want, but presuming that you're the better authority of another person's life than they are, is a powerfully corrupting position.

When they start to harm you, like he is right now, it's your right to defend your boundaries. When they ask for your perspective or anything from you, and you can and want to give it, then do. But a lot of harm can be done with the best of concerned intentions, because personal intention forgets that the other person has autonomy too. So, perhaps a good question to ask right now would be-- how much, really, is your problem?

I mean, if he had another group of friends who you think are jerks, then it would come off as very controlling to tell him, "You're not allowed to see them. Be friends with other people" or even go up to those friends all, "You're a bad influence and ruining his life, so stay away from him" as if he himself couldn't see that and make that choice. Your relationship is with him, not his guides, so I think that's what ought to be addressed. If he asked you for a banishing, or a second opinion, as I said, that's freely within your right to give or keep.
Old 24-01-2013, 10:10 PM
mom

Dorry i guess it was not clear...i never actually even told him what i thought of his guides. It never evem got to that. I personally believe our surrounding are our guides and you can find guidance in that manner by just observing and being receptive. That is my view and works for me. That is what i attempted to share when i had learned for myself. I wasnt even allowed to express my thoughts. I think though it is all making more sense to me now. I posted this under the guides section too and got more responses that had my mind thinking and lead me to another aspect. I never have had a desire to help or try to banish anything for him, not to even tell him what i personally think about his own beliefs, because i know it would not be taken well. I have no intentions of changing his path. I mainly wanted to know if it was possible for darker energies to affect or influence one to react harshly in this manner, or if it is really just his own nature and choices. I wrote somemore about all of this in more comments in the post in the other section as well if you wanted to read them. I think tho both posts were not clear or misunderstood. I did not really desite advice to handle it or to help him, as i know it is really nine of my business. I meant it more as to get advice on how to internalize this because he has been very strangely mean to me with really no precidence to have been so. I am an extremely tolerant person and get that people have their own path and their own truth and i am okay with it being completely different than me. I was just very confused about the situation and wondering if he was being influenced in a way to verbally attack me and keep me away by energies, or if that really has nothing to do with his attitude with me. Thanks for your thoughts...i agree he can be on his own path and it is nine of my business. I was just trying to make sense of ifbhis path somehow had to do with his odd treatment towards me.
Old 24-01-2013, 10:51 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom
I meant it more as to get advice on how to internalize this because he has been very strangely mean to me with really no precidence to have been so. I am an extremely tolerant person and get that people have their own path and their own truth and i am okay with it being completely different than me. I was just very confused about the situation and wondering if he was being influenced in a way to verbally attack me and keep me away by energies, or if that really has nothing to do with his attitude with me.

Ah, that clears things up. Hrmm, I would still say whatever he is influenced by, was still his to pick up on that influence. He could have noticed, "Oh, these spirit guides say they're wise and I want to believe them... but I don't like the sort of person that I'm becoming and how I feel when they're near me." Instead, it sounds like he went, "I'm rude and I know it and I like it". It is definitely your business if you're being attacked, so I'd still say.... make it clear to him that the things he says or does upsets you, that you don't deserve it, and that's not okay when there are more constructive ways to express himself.
Old 24-01-2013, 11:26 PM
mom

Thanks for your input. That is pretty much what i have done.
Old 24-01-2013, 11:34 PM
Ascender

I hope it turns out well for you both!