Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 13-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolite
I was wondering why spiritual people are so suspicious..lol... They not all sometimes think there is a hidden agenda behind everything..lol.. It reminds me one time I visited a meditation group and the first thing the leader said was who sent you? I would just like to hear from others have they noticed that.

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!

Maybe subconsciously a way of justifying a certain belief..........like "ego" or "satan" or "lower self"

James
Old 13-02-2012, 09:53 PM
Master
Maybe it looks that way because we usually think for ourselves, testing everything, not just excepting anything that we hear, well that's what I do.
Old 13-02-2012, 10:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
What I have noticed is that most spiritual people are sensitive.

Sometimes this sensitivity can manifest as paranoia, sometimes it manifests as pronoia - it depends on many things, mostly about how open the heart is.

I am not sure if your example of the meditation leader is actually an example of suspicion. He might have simply been curious of how one's spiritual path led you to him, in an effort to get to know you and your path a little better.

Again, I suppose it all depends.
I was about to say the same thing.

The only thing I would add is sensitive people need to guard their heart more.

As a jaded Gen X type and I have been lied to daily since I could understand media-TV and printed types. TV has lied to me for as long as I can remember. Its any wonder e are suspicious, we have to be. Lol tht exercise machine will not make me loose 10 Kg in 2 weeks! I could go to the TV and be lied to right now repeatedly.

Being suspicious initially also shows a level of maturity and intelligence.

Some controversial spiritual books sucked me in and I believed its authenticity and told everyone about it much to my embarrassment. The world created in a literal 6 days as an undisputed fact etc.

However I am never suspicious or dismissive of peoples spiritual experiences or dreams. If someone astral projected...they did! It wasn't a chemical trickery of their body playing tricks on their conscious mind.
Old 14-02-2012, 12:23 AM
Master
Quote:
I was wondering why spiritual people are so suspicious..lol... They not all sometimes think there is a hidden agenda behind everything..lol.. It reminds me one time I visited a meditation group and the first thing the leader said was who sent you? I would just like to hear from others have they noticed that.

I would say the opposite is true in my experience. For myself I never worry about people's hidden agendas. They may think they are hidden but I am clairvoyant so I see through people's facades rather easily. Mostly I find it amusing. Most of the spiritual people I know have a similar attitude if not always for the same reasons.
Old 14-02-2012, 01:52 AM
Guide
Quote:

To be honest i think its in your head lol.. As for your experience, the only way most people come to meditation groups is by being a friend of someone who is already in one. (usually)

Another part of it is the social training. "Spiritual" these days is synonymous with "scam" and "crazy" so of course people are going to be distrustful. When people dont know your spiritual they arnt put on guard, but if they think you are then they are put on guard. Its just a part of the social stigma... which has never been good but its been worse lately mostly because of television mediums and child molesting priests... Actually come to think of it that would be a good name for a song. Anyway for my part i never tell people im spiritual..
Old 14-02-2012, 04:18 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riboflavin
To be honest i think its in your head lol.. As for your experience, the only way most people come to meditation groups is by being a friend of someone who is already in one. (usually)

Another part of it is the social training. "Spiritual" these days is synonymous with "scam" and "crazy" so of course people are going to be distrustful. When people dont know your spiritual they arnt put on guard, but if they think you are then they are put on guard. Its just a part of the social stigma... which has never been good but its been worse lately mostly because of television mediums and child molesting priests... Actually come to think of it that would be a good name for a song. Anyway for my part i never tell people im spiritual..

im always in search of information.. i wonder if im just looking for individuals that i can relate too..lol.. i googled the meditation group and showed up.

i always find myself running into individuals whom i dont know and they will be in that beginning stage of awareness of even having a gift.. demonstrating it but, not confident thats what they have..

It could be me.. im weird anyway.. I just thought that it would be a good question to ask to see how others felt.

All The glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 14-02-2012, 04:21 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
Maybe subconsciously a way of justifying a certain belief..........like "ego" or "satan" or "lower self"

James

interesting...

Old 14-02-2012, 04:25 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
Hiya Toolite

Take out the word 'spiritual' in your first sentence. There is so much rubbish bandied around these days (and those days) that spiritual and unspiritual folks alike are wise to investigate anything before making any kind of commitment. So much greed and personal gain is wrapped in sweet sayings and helpful gestures.

Look at the advertising. The anti-wrinkle brigade are only trying to help us all look more youthful and attractive....yeah right.

And on it goes, round and round. Weeeeeeeeeeee!

Squiggle

your right i shouldnt use "spiritual" spiritual people are so sensitive... i dont want anyone to think im attacking them..lol. the funny part they can be sensitive but, also have a bite... go figure.

Old 14-02-2012, 04:34 PM
Shabby

I think there are some spiritual people who became spiritual because they felt deceived by religions or society.

So it would make sense that you could come across some spiritual people that are suspicious...just know that not every spiritual person is like that or else you will build a belief that might not serve you.
Old 14-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
I think there are some spiritual people who became spiritual because they felt deceived by religions or society.

So it would make sense that you could come across some spiritual people that are suspicious...just know that not every spiritual person is like that or else you will build a belief that might not serve you.

and what do you think about individuals who felt deceived by religion?