Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-09-2011, 01:58 AM
Master
topology is making a map of consciousness and explains that the relationship between mind and awareness is like a son to a father. meaning to say, awareness is fundamental than mind .

the benefits are for those like minded people who wanted to explore more deeply into process or nature of our inner being. , tops is mapping out consciousness, and anyone who wanted to explore their own nature of being should benefit by being guided by the map when its their turn to look (the itch) for themselves.

imo, this circle that uses this kind of map is growing because they find it to be fairly accurate.
Old 05-09-2011, 02:47 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
topology is making a map of consciousness and explains that the relationship between mind and awareness is like a son to a father. meaning to say, awareness is fundamental than mind .

the benefits are for those like minded people who wanted to explore more deeply into process or nature of our inner being. , tops is mapping out consciousness, and anyone who wanted to explore their own nature of being should benefit by being guided by the map when its their turn to look (the itch) for themselves.

imo, this circle that uses this kind of map is growing because they find it to be fairly accurate.
Hi hybrid: And, i would counter that awareness, is dependent upon mind.. mind categorizes and assigns values related to hierarchy, such that a redefined value for 'awareness' assumes 'awareness' to be more fundamental than the mind that redefined that value.. can you describe your understanding of your 'inner nature of being'? i ask only because i'm unclear of the boundary between 'inner and outer', unless you are referring to your private mindscape..

Be well..
Old 05-09-2011, 02:56 AM
Master
awareness is fundamental than mind

Yep. How do we know? We can be aware without mind activity, in silence, but we cannot have mind activity without awareness at some level.

Xan

Old 05-09-2011, 03:48 AM
Master
I think they mean I'm aware of thoughts, so awareness is more fun than mental.
Old 05-09-2011, 05:13 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
awareness is fundamental than mind

Yep. How do we know? We can be aware without mind activity, in silence, but we cannot have mind activity without awareness at some level.

Xan
Hi Xan: There is a difference between being aware, and the term 'awareness' as used in the referenced statement by hybrid.. if there is no difference, if 'awareness' is simply the capacity for perceiving.. then awareness is dependent on 'that' which has such a capacity, and there are numerous beliefs about 'awareness' that are no longer valid..

Be well..
Old 05-09-2011, 05:19 AM
Master
For me, 'Awareness of Being Aware' is being 'self aware' ...
Old 05-09-2011, 07:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Hi hybrid: And, i would counter that awareness, is dependent upon mind.. mind categorizes and assigns values related to hierarchy, such that a redefined value for 'awareness' assumes 'awareness' to be more fundamental than the mind that redefined that value.. can you describe your understanding of your 'inner nature of being'? i ask only because i'm unclear of the boundary between 'inner and outer', unless you are referring to your private mindscape..

Be well..
yes it's an investigation upon oneself. that is why its called a map. others can then take from that, if they don't like it like you do, that's fine too, but there are evidence that this map is useful to others.

as much i you wanted to be simple, mind is not simple, its a complex thing, otherwise the great thinkers since plato would have pinned it down already.

now to simplify and understand the mind, we need to ask what constitute the mind. and we can use our own mind to answer the question. we find that the mind is composed of awareness, emotions, feelings, sensations, memories, imaginations, thoughts and its associations. and among these things one can find that only awareness must be present for the mind to be mind, the rest can be present or not but the mind will still be present, this is why tops make a distinction between the mind and awareness, to separate awareness from the rests to give one a clear perspective, this is also why practice of equanimity and mindfulness is develop, to be a watcher, to make it clear that the foundation of mind is awareness.

now this can be done by everyone, so this is beyond the scope of private mindscape. its true for everyone for those who care t o look honestly . like rikki we we want to point something, but we need to tell them what they suppose to look for, i find your suggestion really absurd to just look and don't tell them what to look and let them just see what ever they could see. this is absurd. when we ask to look, the natural reaction of people is look what/where? so the thing that is ask to look for is also provided. is it not?
Old 05-09-2011, 08:05 AM
Enlightener

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
For me, 'Awareness of Being Aware' is being 'self aware' ...

So that would mean being aware of the awareness of being aware, is awareness of others?
Old 05-09-2011, 08:09 AM
Master
Quote:
as much i you wanted to be simple, mind is not simple, its a complex thing, otherwise the great thinkers since plato would have pinned it down already.

Were they ever really trying to 'pin it down' or just enjoying exercising their thoughts / mind?

Old 05-09-2011, 08:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
yes it's an investigation upon oneself. that is why its called a map. others can then take from that, if they don't like it like you do, that's fine too, but there are evidence that this map is useful to others.

now to simplify and understand the mind, we need to ask what constitute the mind. and we can use our own mind to answer the question. we find that the mind is composed of awareness, emotions, feelings, sensations, memories, imaginations, thoughts and its associations. and among these things one can find that only awareness must be present for the mind to be mind, the rest can be present or not but the mind will still be present, this is why tops make a distinction between the mind and awareness, to separate awareness from the rests to give one a clear perspective, this is also why practice of equanimity and mindfulness is develop, to be a watcher, to make it clear that the foundation of mind is awareness.

now this can be done by everyone, so this is beyond the scope of private mindscape. its true for everyone for those who care t o look honestly . like rikki we we want to point something, but we need to tell them what they suppose to look for, i find your suggestion really absurd to just look and don't tell them what to look and let them just see what ever they could see. this is absurd. when we ask to look, the natural reaction of people is look what/where? so the thing that is ask to look for is also provided. is it not?

Yeah... but you failed to say what to look for.