Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 31-01-2012, 05:17 AM
journeyofone

Communicating with spirit guides

I am curious how some of you communicate with your spirit guides? Is it just a knowing for some or do you hear it or is it a thought - and if so how do you know it's not just your own thinking and self-talking?

I am very interested in learning how to communicate with my own guide(s).
Thanks
Old 31-01-2012, 05:30 AM
iScorpio

I communicate with spirit itself (first started communicating with my deceased grandmother) by Clairvoyance (visions), Clairudience (Hearing, as a thought), and Clairsentience (sensing). Sometimes it's a knowing, too. As I developed more I picked up more. I also have lots of validation. you know it's spirit because it's different then your thoughts... and you will know when you communicate that what you get is real. But when you are communicating, don't think "OMG am I not gonna make contact?" or "What if it's just me?". Never self doubt. =]
Old 31-01-2012, 05:53 AM
duckstar

I use a pendulam, its a wonderful way for me to talk to my guide
Old 31-01-2012, 06:07 AM
Ascender
I have many ways. I some times talk out loud, or in my head. I would write letters to them and burn them. I may send images and they send thier responce back. At times Ill use my pengelum or taro deck. I normaly will feel them tuch me on my crown chakra saying "Im here" or simply to want to spend some time together. I love to light candels and incents and just lay on my bed relaxing with them enjoying the moments to gether and posably start up a convosation with one another.

I know its not me becouse I I can hear thier energies and feel them tuch my chakra. I also get this warm loving feeling. Like the one you get when your in a warm fluffy clean blanket in your bed while its cold out side. But yes, its normal to doubt but dont make it a havet. They are here and its most likly not your imagenation though they will use it to communicate with you.

When I started to have visions I would think it was just me and my imagenation but now I can tell the diffrence. The diffrence is that if its a messege or vistion, normaly its 'to smart for your own brian to come up with'. Trust me once you have a few, you'll know what Im talking about.

I have a few tips for you:
1. Dont doubt. Enjoy and exept the ancer and the experance.
2. Get a jernal and write done what you experance. Over the corse you can go back and read and see for your self the pattern. And this incloods dreams to.
3. Keep posative. Dont put your self down and dont let others tell you "Your doing it wrong" Becouse there is not wrong way. The right way is what is comfterble for you. Every one is diffrent so your experances are going to be to.
4. Once you have the communication down go to this thred and have fun!That is the BIGEST PART OF THIS EXERANCE. Have FUN!

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=21216 Fun ways for you and your guides!

5. To add this, though you may already know, protect your self with white light and gound your self. This will help you remember your experance and block out most negativaty.

Remember, relax. Theres no hurry! There is no time in the spirit world. You have all the time you need to do this! Have fun and good luck!

Bless be<3
Old 31-01-2012, 06:17 AM
lisahey

is clairvoyance the same as flashes? and how do you know if its higher spirit or just beings passing through?
Old 31-01-2012, 02:09 PM
Master
Clairvoyance, with hints of clairaudience. It's mainly clairvoyance because 1.) I'm a visual artist so it's easy for me to "see" images; 2.) my mind is often too loud and cluttered to be able to hear "words"; 3.) my guide is apparently way up there in vibration and therefore has difficulty coming down to my level to translate his thoughts into English; and 4.) my guide was also a visual artist in the past. Makes things much easier if it's clairvoyance.

As far as knowing it's not me... it's a feeling I can't describe. However, I can tell the difference because my guide sends me "flashes." The images/symbols/"movie clips" pop into my head quickly. With your own thoughts, you can feel the "work" behind them. With spirit, this isn't so.

Old 31-01-2012, 02:59 PM
I-Ching

Quote:
Originally Posted by journeyofone
I am curious how some of you communicate with your spirit guides? Is it just a knowing for some or do you hear it or is it a thought - and if so how do you know it's not just your own thinking and self-talking?

I am very interested in learning how to communicate with my own guide(s).
Thanks

I communicate with my guide through the I-Ching. Such communication has resulted in me divining a new version of the I-Ching.
Old 01-02-2012, 03:19 AM
samanthanightly

The best advice I was given is to trust your intuition. If you're reaching out to your guides, give them an invitation to speak with you. This can be aloud or from within. Then just listen. I guess I would best describe telling the difference between your own thoughts versus a response is that it feels foreign in nature. Self-doubt is common and I'm still working to overcome that myself.

I've had the most success with communicating during meditation (just being relaxed and in a calm state) and with automatic writing. The more you strive to make contact, the more likely you are to notice their presence. You may not get a response the first few times (took a couple tries for me), but just be patient.

xx
Old 01-02-2012, 03:23 AM
samanthanightly

You've also been given some really good advice so far! There's many different ways to communicate. You'll find one that works best for you to make that initial contact. Once that door is open- you won't have to ever worry about it being shut. Endless possibilities :)
Old 01-02-2012, 04:31 AM
journeyofone

Thank you all for your advice...I will let you know if I have any luck!