Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 09-02-2016, 05:51 PM
Deactivated Account

Is it the LOA or is it God?

What if my ability to manifest abundance in my life, doesn't come from me, but comes from Source hearing and answering my prayers and it is some higher power that is helping to assimilate everything in my environment, rather than just a universal law?
Or what if the LOA interferes with my divine plan and my destiny?

I ask because my experiences with the law of attraction are sometimes hit and miss, but in no way are they ever a failure, it's just sometimes I don't get exactly what I've asked for, I get something better, something I never really knew I needed.

For example I've managed to manifest money and even win contests when I want to as well as being able to manifest obtaining specific objects that I want, but at the start of this year I spent a lot of time using the LOA to win a whole bunch of online contests, and I did not win them but it still manifested other positive things in my life and even an awesome job opportunity that I've been dreaming of for my entire life.
So I think I sort of know how to use the LOA by now, so then why would it be so hit and miss? It's like sometimes I am allowed to attract specific things, but other times it doesn't work and instead I attract other things that aren't exactly what I asked for.
Old 09-02-2016, 06:36 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by keokutah
What if my ability to manifest abundance in my life, doesn't come from me, but comes from Source hearing and answering my prayers and it is some higher power that is helping to assimilate everything in my environment, rather than just a universal law?

What if 'you' and 'Source' are one in the same and in fact inseparable? Would that alter your perspective of this? What if 'Universal Law' is essentially property of 'Source'?

Old 09-02-2016, 07:10 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
What if 'you' and 'Source' are one in the same and in fact inseparable? Would that alter your perspective of this? What if 'Universal Law' is essentially property of 'Source'?

I'm sure universal law is property of source, but the LOA references make it seem like it has nothing to do with destiny, if you can manifest anything you want, and either way it still doesn't really explain why one minute I can manifest something specific and the next minute it's not specific at all?
If I was GOD, then I would be able to manifest anything I wanted and there wouldn't be any powers greater than me deciding my fate, which is not true, because I am completely, completely aware that I am NOT in control of everything in my life, which is what I'm saying. I can't manifest everything I want, probably because sometimes what I want ends up not being in my best interest, at least, if feels to me like there is a DIFFERENCE between the law of attraction (human will) and divine will. And I keep noticing how my human will clashes with divine will and how that effects the law of attraction.
Old 09-02-2016, 07:19 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I'm sure universal law is property of source, but the LOA references make it seem like it has nothing to do with destiny, if you can manifest anything you want, and either way it still doesn't really explain why one minute I can manifest something specific and the next minute it's not specific at all?
If I was GOD, then I would be able to manifest anything I wanted and there wouldn't be any powers greater than me deciding my fate, which is not true, because I am completely, completely aware that I am NOT in control of everything in my life, which is what I'm saying. I can't manifest everything I want, probably because sometimes what I want ends up not being in my best interest, at least, if feels to me like there is a DIFFERENCE between the law of attraction (human will) and divine will. And I keep noticing how my human will clashes with divine will and how that effects the law of attraction.

Well I think a distinction needs to be made between what the human egoic mind wants/desires, and what the soul/spirit wants and desires to experience... Sometimes these are at odds with one another - you know? Perhaps if you want to experience something that is at odds with your soul's higher plans, then it won't manifest for you... My choice of language isn't the best here because as consciousness, you are the soul - but the state of awareness one is operating from changes the perspective...
Old 09-02-2016, 07:52 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze
Well I think a distinction needs to be made between what the human egoic mind wants/desires, and what the soul/spirit wants and desires to experience... Sometimes these are at odds with one another - you know? Perhaps if you want to experience something that is at odds with your soul's higher plans, then it won't manifest for you... My choice of language isn't the best here because as consciousness, you are the soul - but the state of awareness one is operating from changes the perspective...

Yeah good point, if I was really paying attention to what my soul wanted, it probably wouldn't have been to win all of those contests LoL. What does my soul need with contests anyways haha. Maybe the vibration I sent out attracted to me what I really wanted instead.
Old 09-02-2016, 08:09 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Yeah good point, if I was really paying attention to what my soul wanted, [b]it probably wouldn't have been to win all of those contests LoL.

Hahaha the same thought had crossed my mind but I didn't want to express it - glad you mentioned it...

Quote:
What does my soul need with contests anyways haha. Maybe the vibration I sent out attracted to me what I really wanted instead.

Maybe your winning the contests wasn't so much about obtaining the specific reward/prize being offered by those contests - but about teaching you a lesson about the nature of reality and how focusing your thoughts and setting specific intentions can affect/influence what you experience life? Maybe you adopting this practice and tendency will serve to help you in an important way later in life?

I do get where you are coming from with the whole 'destiny' conflict... There are aspects of this life experience which seem paradoxical and unanswerable. For instance, there are various experiences people have reported that seem to strongly suggest that at least some of the life circumstances we will go through are more or less planned out in some form or fashion - likely by the soul/spirit/higher self... But then this seems to work against the notion of 'free will' and our ability to make choices and decisions which affect what we experience. So like pre-planned reality versus everything is up in their air and can happen any which way...

I have to ask out of curiosity - what kind of things did you win from these contests?
Old 10-02-2016, 09:40 PM
Master
Is it the LOA or is it God?

Quote:
Or what if the LOA interferes with my divine plan and my destiny?

I ask because my experiences with the law of attraction are sometimes hit and miss, but in no way are they ever a failure, it's just sometimes I don't get exactly what I've asked for, I get something better, something I never really knew I needed.

For example I've managed to manifest money and even win contests when I want to as well as being able to manifest obtaining specific objects that I want, but at the start of this year I spent a lot of time using the LOA to win a whole bunch of online contests, and I did not win them but it still manifested other positive things in my life and even an awesome job opportunity that I've been dreaming of for my entire life.
So I think I sort of know how to use the LOA by now, so then why would it be so hit and miss? It's like sometimes I am allowed to attract specific things, but other times it doesn't work and instead I attract other things that aren't exactly what I asked for.

Keokutuh,

I believe you'll be surprised to discover that the answer to your questions is encapsulated in a single word: God.

Here's a hint for why this is true gleaned from the 1st reference, below, "How To Live Life And Love It" by Genevieve Behrend:
"My mind IS a center of DIVINE operation. The divine operation is ALWAYS for EXPANSION and fuller EXPRESSION; and this means the production of something beyond what has gone before, something entirely NEW, not included in past experience though proceeding out of it by an orderly sequence of growth. Therefore since the Divine can not change its inherent nature it must operate in the same manner in me; consequently in my own special world, of which I am the center, it will move forward to produce NEW conditions, always in advance of any that have gone before."

Now if you think carefully about what you've referred to as "hit or miss", you'll recognize that what Wolfgaze states so eloquently, "as consciousness, you are the soul - but the state of awareness one is operating from changes the perspective..." dictates WHY there is never a miss. Never a miss ? Think about it.

The Power that is You, becomes exactly what is contained in Its (your) consciousness, perfectly, every single time, because It can not do anything else ("....since the Divine can not change its inherent nature it must operate in the same manner in me...." as excerpted above, remember?).

As to destiny, consider the following, also gleaned from the reference below,

...God is Mind, Life, Intelligence, Power, Beauty, Love, Harmony, etc. If any of these things are desired by us, and they are, then surely the Creator of them all must have planted that thought-seed in the mind. He must have whispered into that mental ear and that spiritual heart that THE TRUTH IS YOURS! God has chosen YOU as a holy instrument through which to manifest all of His beautiful and wonderful qualities of Life. It is the DIVINE ORDER and WILL that YOU should manifest that particular thing, that particular place in Life!

You are definitely on the right track when you wondered "...whether my ability to manifest abundance in my life, doesn't come from me, but comes from Source hearing and answering my prayers...." How ?

....because as corroborated in the 1st reference, below, your ability to manifest abundance does, indeed, come from Source....Who is, concurrently, the actual Source of ALL of us AND is the actual Source of ALL the abundance we desire....literally !!!

In the chapter in the 1st reference, entitled, THE ART OF RECIPROCITY: "All sources of real TRUTH, unite in absolute agreement concerning one great thing, namely: That God and Man are ONE and not two, that the "two" are not separated but indissolubly joined in perfect and harmonious UNION. The Invisible (Spirit) and the visible (form, or matter) actually ARE inseverably connected. Each is a complement of the other. And the whole of Truth is to be found ONLY in the combination of the "two," which really are not "two" but ONE through ETERNAL UNION!"

Do you see how this answers your question: "Is it the LOA or is it God?"

It's not you or God.

It's you are God!!

How can this be ?

God is all there is to be any one or any thing
!!

And as excerpted from the 2nd reference:

I AM THAT I AM AND BESIDE ME THERE IS NO OTHER....means exactly that!

Hope this, and the references below, help you answer your excellent questions. Enjoy!!

Reference: http://thinkingiscausative.com/free-...d-love-it.html

Reference: http://www.thechristmind.org/iamthat.htm
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 10-02-2016 at 11:49 PM.
Old 28-02-2016, 05:10 PM
Newbie ;)

Hi Keokuta,

We just published a blog post on this very topic - hit and miss results. You will probably find it insightful.

thoughtism.me/blog/
Old 31-03-2016, 01:06 AM
Newbie ;)

It is your consciousness, which is one with the universal consciousness. The universal consciousness resides in your in its entirety and is not separate from you. You are the creator of your destiny through your thoughts. What you think manifest in your reality.