Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 21-09-2017, 08:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen

Maybe I'm one of them. I don't think of myself so, but.....

We can all be imps at times, it's part of life.

I'd hope that provided we accept that "eek maybe I went a little ott there" we are learning how to say what we need to but adapting to consider those around us.

"I am your creation.
Now, as before - you criticise your own work."

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 21-09-2017, 08:50 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
Thank you for your understanding.

I had two volunteer jobs, but instead of being put in a position where I was actually participating with others, I was given a brush and bleach and told to go and clean the lavatories...after I had finished, I was told to go and clean them again...and again....and again.

When lunchtime came, I sat by myself, somebody saw this and invited me to join in the conversation...I went up and sat with others, but no attempt was made to talk to me...they just went on about their private lives and when I said "that's interesting, please tell me more" they turned away from me and changed the subject which left me feeling "and that, my friends, is why I prefer to eat my lunch alone".

I went to an anxiety support group and people there were talking about their own problems and I would occasionally add the "I'm sorry to hear that" but did anybody ask me about my life? my problems? nope, because they were too wrapped up in their own to even notice I was there.

I went to a symposium and the lecturer asked for questions...I asked one and all that was said was "anybody else want to ask me a question?" and of course the lecturer answered them! so I stood up and said "excuse me, but I was asking you a question and I believe that I was first here" and they got security to come and eject me from the function.

This is what happens when I try and assert myself in any way, shape or form. There must be a reason for this...there must be, beyond my encroaching belief that other people do not even exist.

I see a lot of myself in this!

I am great one on one with people but get lost in a crowd, I don't really know how to get involved in the conversation and when I do I feel bloody awkward!

Support groups aren't for me either again I don't feel like much gets resolved at these things (though I do see that people who don't normally get a chance get to unload) it just becomes a bit of a pitty party and too slow moving for me, I do much better by looking for answers on my own.

I cant really comment on the symposium but I know I would have been terrified, shaking. Challenging the leacturer would have been near impossible for me so well done you sticking up for yourself. Be proud of that.

Issues with asserting yourself, I know that one very well, the more I asserted the more I got pushed back but I never gave up, I had to be smart and instead of playing their game I found my own way, sneaked round the back and got the result I was looking for (I'm referring to a particular incident here too much to write about)

I work for a charity helping people with additional needs to live independently now and it's one of the most rewarding things I have done, I avoid work nights out, still have that lost in a crowd problem. I would highly recommend it, the people I work with are the most genuine, lovely people I have ever met and it really has given me some faith in society again.
Old 21-09-2017, 09:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose

I work for a charity helping people with additional needs to live independently now and it's one of the most rewarding things I have done, I avoid work nights out, still have that lost in a crowd problem. I would highly recommend it, the people I work with are the most genuine, lovely people I have ever met and it really has given me some faith in society again.

Yuk - work nights out

I stopped needing parties along time ago, I find that they default to a programmed "night out" behaviour & instead of actually talking they spout a lot of phrases. If you listen to the people next to you they are doing the same too

I always get invited to nights out - hopefully because I'm pleasant enough & we have a laugh so they think that I'll be fun "out".

Well done on the charity stuff it's good to help others - even just on a moral level. I have often recommended to people who are down to go & do charity but at times they really don't want to. I respect their choice but I don't think they realise the lessons it can teach you.

Personally the biggest boon I ever had was learning to stand my ground, people will kick you when your down but if you get up & look them in the eye they often lose the sense of power & you stop feeling like a victim.

Paradoxes are the strangest thing about being a human that's for sure but we don't make the rules!

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain
Old 21-09-2017, 09:23 AM
Master
Quote:
yet another forum member goes on 'ignore'.

This was the impetus behind this thread and just triggered a lot of bad stuff for me and I humbly apologise.

I apologise necro,

I'm not trying to grind your gears - I put you on block for about 3 seconds but realised that we are just opposite ends of the same spectrum.

There are times when it seems that you presume that I am referring to you in a comment & I'm not, in the thread mentioned I only 20% was until you jumped in full force.

We can learn from each other if you agree to disagree at times

The undertone between us as far as I can tell: is that I'm not as spiritual & you are not as worldly .

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain

Last edited by Raziel : 21-09-2017 at 01:09 PM.
Old 21-09-2017, 09:29 AM
Master
I just received a direct trance channel, but rather than post it directly, I shall just transcribe it in my own words:

"I have read the linked thread and it seems that the member in question has issues with me speaking through you. It still doesn't change that fact one iota.

Still, be aware there are those who will consider it totally blasphemous, others will say it's only symptomatic of a 'multiple personality disorder' others will say I'm just your subconscious mind, others will say I am your 'Higher Self' others will call me a 'demonic entity' or your 'ego' and others will just call you a fake or a fraud or say you're just making it all up for the ratings.

Only you know what I am and that's totally irrespective of what others believe I am, but I am you anyway, so if they say "you are only talking to yourself" you can get to say 'yes, that is totally correct!'.

You see my dear, for those who say "channeling God is a direct slap in the face" they must honestly believe that you can do so, or else they would attribute this communication to any of the aforementioned explanations in the attempt to disprove it.

If you wish to remain 'religiously sensitive' you could always say that you are channeling a demonic entity and have others tell you not to believe a word I say...OR you could still admit to channeling me and have them not believe it anyway...but they are more likely to believe you are channeling Satan himself over channeling a divine, celestial being - it's just the way certain humans are because their own belief systems are like that.

Still, if you just say it's your own 'Higher Self' coming through and you know what I truly am, that will be enough to silence those who decry "thou blasphemer!"
Old 21-09-2017, 09:35 AM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightoflenity
We can all be imps at times, it's part of life.

I'd hope that provided we accept that "eek maybe I went a little ott there" we are learning how to say what we need to but adapting to consider those around us.

Yes, I suppose it comes down to if one's sincere. I'm given to humour here and there (it's always getting me in trouble) and maybe the occasional snipe! (caveat snipor) but I don't come here to mess around or mess others around.
Old 21-09-2017, 10:57 AM
Master
Quote:
I apologise necro,

The undertone between us as far as I can tell: is that I'm not as spiritual & you are not as worldly

I logged on as a guest, saw your apology and I humbly accept it.

Yes, there are two undertones here...that being one of them and the other came as I read the reply by Nature Grows to the quoted thread in question.

You = Aries male and Me = Leo female.

So, not knowing much about astrology, I went on the web:

Quote:
These two have huge egos and while Aries loves to win, Leo loves to control.

https://www.astromatcha.com/astrolog...compatibility/

The 'hero' vs the 'royal'...yep, makes sense...clear as mud. lol

Although, remind me never to get romantically involved with an Aries guy.

I can see why it is you always need to get the final word in though and I should learn to just let that all go because you cannot help it.
Old 21-09-2017, 12:37 PM
Guide

Quote:
Yuk - work nights out

I stopped needing parties along time ago, I find that they default to a programmed "night out" behaviour & instead of actually talking they spout a lot of phrases. If you listen to the people next to you they are doing the same too

I always get invited to nights out - hopefully because I'm pleasant enough & we have a laugh so they think that I'll be fun "out".

Well done on the charity stuff it's good to help others - even just on a moral level. I have often recommended to people who are down to go & do charity but at times they really don't want to. I respect their choice but I don't think they realise the lessons it can teach you.

Personally the biggest boon I ever had was learning to stand my ground, people will kick you when your down but if you get up & look them in the eye they often lose the sense of power & you stop feeling like a victim.

Paradoxes are the strangest thing about being a human that's for sure but we don't make the rules!

The nights out in my work don't seem too bad, the last one everyone camped out at our training centre overnight and had a bbq. They are all nice people from all over Europe, not like the usual office party. It's just me like I said I'm a bit nervous of group stuff. Though it's the next thing I hope to overcome, have came a long way already, my big challenge will come when I do some public speaking.

I don't work for a charity for pat on the back, though thanks for the compliment, it really is for selfish reasons, I get a lot out of it, it's nice that the people I work with gain through it too, added bonus.

Its good to stand your ground but people who struggle with confrontation can end up quite damaged by the confrontation itself, sometimes it's better to work with your strengths and confront others by other means than a big standoff. Well it is for me anyway :-D.

Nice appology to Necromancer BTW
Old 21-09-2017, 12:40 PM
Badcopyinc

Be yourself.

Even if that self is undesirable.
by doing this you're flaws will be more visible to yourself opposed to holding back and acting like "normal".

Those that conform may never find self.
How can you find self if you're not being self?
Old 21-09-2017, 01:27 PM
Master
Quote:
I just received a direct trance channel, but rather than post it directly, I shall just transcribe it in my own words..

Still, if you just say it's your own 'Higher Self' coming through and you know what I truly am, that will be enough to silence those who decry "thou blasphemer!"

For me this is totally appropriate since this is a thread of your making

I will ask this question & please don't take offence - it is the crux of my issue with how you present statements at times .. ready ..

If you are channelling God - how can you ever be wrong?

If they are Gods words how can they be refuted by another without putting them in the "non believer section?"

That to me is the lovely necro having the final word - via God.

I don't deny your journey or your faith, knowledge:
but the question of if a necro post channelling God can indeed be incorrect or one sided?

It doesn't mean I don't have love for you yer-silly-old-chook

"I am your creation.

- Legacy Of Kain