Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 03-06-2017, 02:43 AM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Yes I have attachments.

Why? Not sure of how to get rid of them?
Old 03-06-2017, 04:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Thankyou, I would like to hear your response to my question.

Reading further down that wiki page it says:

Using the combined yin-yang definition in bold above, duality is transcended through the combination/fusion of these two principles, the opposing forces are defined as existing endlessly, I think this is very relevant in a discussion about 'Oneness'.

I would agree, that combining is what is called Yab Yum in Buddhism and the bridal chamber in Christianity.

I think positive and negative or male and female confuses people. Remember the Buddha said a spectrum. I look at the male as transmission and the female reception.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:25 AM
Master

Quote:
I look at the male as transmission and the female reception.

that the male gives out and the female takes in was the whole point of choosing those words as a metaphor...
Old 03-06-2017, 04:28 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdiyana

Because there are things I still attach to.

I have found the process to be like the waves and the tide.

You will have periods of great depth and then you will hit an obstruction. It is the letting go that lets us expand to ever deeper waters. With that depth the tide also goes in and we get caught back up in local mind.

As we progress we continue to go deeper and deeper and the periods of getting caught up becomes less and less.

It is not always a fun and enjoyable experience but once through I have found wonders of experience and being.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
that the male gives out and the female takes in was the whole point of choosing those words as a metaphor...

I'm slow what words?
Old 03-06-2017, 04:38 AM
Master

Quote:
I'm slow what words?

male/female?
Old 03-06-2017, 04:50 AM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
You will have periods of great depth and then you will hit an obstruction.

Seems like others are hit with our obstructions as well. I wonder what is more common. Posting while dealing with an obstruction or posting when one is in a period of great depth? I guess it depends on the person posting. Some spend more time in local mind than others. Also, throwing out this whole concept of local mind and non-local mind, some people are just nicer than others. More loving, less judgmental, more kind, less concerned with proving a point or being right. It probably has nothing to do with local or non-local mind. It's a choice we all make in what kind of person we want to be. The experience stuff, well that is a bit like taking drugs to me. Selfish and all about ourselves. Our enlightenment, our experiences, our meditation, our progress. All so self centered. At death we will have a profound experience as we leave the body... so in these few earthy years, I would say don't worry about experiences. Instead, learn to be a nice person. Conflict free within and without.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:00 AM
Suspended
Guide

Quote:
I'm slow what words?

Yin and Yang - I think the point was male and female was a metaphor for the concept of Yin and Yang.

Duality is found in many belief systems, but Yin and Yang are parts of a Oneness that is also equated with the Tao. A term has been coined dualistic-monism or dialectical monism. Yin and yang can be thought of as complementary (rather than opposing) forces that interact to form a dynamic system in which the whole is greater than the assembled parts. Everything has both yin and yang aspects (for instance, shadow cannot exist without light). Either of the two major aspects may manifest more strongly in a particular object, depending on the criterion of the observation. The yin yang (i.e. taijitu symbol) shows a balance between two opposites with a portion of the opposite element in each section.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:34 AM
Suspended
Quote:
I would agree, that combining is what is called Yab Yum in Buddhism and the bridal chamber in Christianity.

I think positive and negative or male and female confuses people. Remember the Buddha said a spectrum. I look at the male as transmission and the female reception.

I wonder and want to ask why ground said, Dzogchen or YabYum is not Buddhism but you said, Dzogchen is Buddhism? He's not a Buddhist. So you're also not a Buddhist to convince others that Dzogchen or Tibetan××× are Buddhism. And you're insisting to say, they're Buddhism? And their philosophy and practice of YabYum is against the philosophy of Buddhism. Practice of rebirth in Tibetan Buddhism also against the philosophy of Buddha Sakyamuni teaching and also as Buddhism. And then Christianity also as Dzogchen or YabYum as Buddhism teaching. Great, great, great..........

I think why there's no other person to judge or say about it? Or they only want to see the drama for the great debate here? These are totally abuse of Buddhism in deep for non Buddhist to say, all are Buddhism. To show Buddhism a religion of 100% tolerance. Nothing that the right answer for the right purpose of discussion of Buddhism can be found here.

These are called all in one instant coffee. All religions as one. There's a Chinese idiom or local saying: no eyes can see something that happens these ways of mess. Or even to see this is misleading or lead astray. Good luck, Buddhism and non Buddhist .
Old 03-06-2017, 06:04 AM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bohdiyana

It's because that's Buddhism teaching but he's not a Buddhist. So how to show the practice of let go? You will get an answer , in his dream.

Last edited by Jeremy Bong : 03-06-2017 at 08:05 AM.