Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 17-07-2017, 07:20 AM
Newbie ;)
Guide
Need help from some experienced

Hi everyone.

I write here because I need some help from experienced people.

I have a problem with "too much spirit" so to speak. I read somewhere that the pentagram was an early symbol after Jesus lived, and that it stood for matter's victory over spirit.

I've been a christian for too long. It just because of weakness and fear that I turned to that religion. I have given away so much money - you have no idea...

Anyway - I have most of the equipment I need to perform Wiccan rituals. Now I just wonder - how can I protect myself, and especially my head and mind?

I partly use a wheelchair and therefore need to sit during rituals. I also have a huge problem with making the altar turn north. Where I have it now, it's turned west.

Can anyone give me some good advices or maybe tell me some websites that are serious for learning?

Thanks in advance!
Old 17-07-2017, 01:22 PM
Master
Hi. My response will be within the quoted message in green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minxoto
Hi everyone.

I write here because I need some help from experienced people.

I have a problem with "too much spirit" so to speak. I read somewhere that the pentagram was an early symbol after Jesus lived, and that it stood for matter's victory over spirit.

This does not set right. The pentagram stands for the five elements. Earth, Air, Fire, Water, and Spirit. Not in this order as I have it written. It right side up one point at the top also is said to be of the 1st degree of the craft, or Wicca if you will. It is not an early symbol. Pagan religions were here long before Christ and Christianity and will continue to remain here long after.

I've been a christian for too long. It just because of weakness and fear that I turned to that religion. I have given away so much money - you have no idea...

Anyway - I have most of the equipment I need to perform Wiccan rituals. Now I just wonder - how can I protect myself, and especially my head and mind?

Those who wish to protect themselves have a number of visualizations and techniques and materials at their disposal. One could surround themselves with white light- or any other colored light via envisioning. One could also use a circle- envisioned essentially any way you like, it is individual and up to you. The most important factor to employ for protection is to believe without a shadow of a doubt that one is indeed protected. Personally I only use protective measure during rare circumstances. The rest of the time, I see no purpose for it. I hold to no fear.

I partly use a wheelchair and therefore need to sit during rituals. I also have a huge problem with making the altar turn north. Where I have it now, it's turned west.

Do you feel it is necessary to have your altar pointed North? I am not sure of the exact difficulties you are having with your altar, is it a matter of finding due North? Personally with my altar, I never had a specific set up that I held to. A wicca book or site could tell me to face due North all it wanted. I am not exactly too particular about such things, it doesn't make the work one does any less potent to have it facing West IMO.

Can anyone give me some good advices or maybe tell me some websites that are serious for learning?

The best advice I can give is to take some things with a grain of salt. The way you practice should be comfortable for you, you should be at peace with things no matter how you decide to practice. If you want your altar South have it South, if you would like a certain colored protective light- use the color you wish. Do not worry about what others think. The more comfortable you are with yourself the easier it will be to have faith in yourself and build confidence. This is not organized religion, do things your way for a change

Hope that was helpful.

Blessings.

Thanks in advance!
Old 17-07-2017, 04:43 PM
Newbie ;)
Guide
Thank you so much for an answer I felt was really smart and good.

As a matter of fact I dumped my male God today because he is "full of it" and instead I called for Hecate - who surprisingly answered me and gave almost the exact same answer as you did.

I'm subaudient - not clearaudient. It means I can hear the subconscious.

Folllowing textbooks just makes me bad. It's good for inspiration, but I need to use my own intuition.

That's what I realized today.

I have a project that due to these conversations (both with you and Hecate) will be not as intended or should I say - not as textbooks suggests. When I formed the idea after speaking to Hecate, my spirit friends cheered.

I will show the website to you when it's finished.

Thanks and blessings to you!
Old 19-07-2017, 12:04 PM
Master
Glad to have helped.
Old 19-07-2017, 12:22 PM
Newbie ;)
Guide
About your motto:

I've heard that eagles don't speak, but they cry. Maybe that's what gives humans their power? Or are they really humans the ones that makes us cry? :-)
Old 05-08-2017, 04:38 AM
Newbie ;)

I;m new to wicca... can someone point me in the right directions ? Thanks...
Old 06-08-2017, 12:23 AM
Lepus

Hello,

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalNoob
I;m new to wicca... can someone point me in the right directions Thanks...

Look over the threads under Wicca. You will realize others have asked the same question.

Lepus