Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Time Travel

Old 08-10-2011, 03:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAngel
Time is an illusion like many here have said. Not linear anything. If everything is just "there" than our future must be set in stone. No? Cause taking this idea that would also mean that our past isn't set in stone.
I honestly believe that people who say its not set in stone do it to ease their minds and make them feel in control. But its not like we read a book and know whats going to happen. Believing that everything that happens happens for a reasons shouldn't stop someone from purposing what they want with all their might!
Anyway, its just seems that because time doesn't exist and everything just "is" there cannot be a way to change what will happen.

time exists, because it is the measure of the periodic vibration of particles.
Old 08-10-2011, 08:05 AM
Sundialed

hehehe time oh time.

if only the modern world would soak in how remote tribes peer through time past and future and have the ability to change past and future if we could respect their talents maybe we would share the modern world talent of traveling through space well and then we can merge and travel through time and space like never before. they have been waiting for 500 years really.
Old 21-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Master
Funnily enough nobody mentioned a good old dose of travelling through time and space because you can't change one without the other... I don't think... whatever!

Just let me say that experiencing this kind of travel... physically, changes nothing, unless your lookin' at a clock face I suppose but where would faith come into it then!!!

It happened to me once, and I felt extraordinarily blessed when I realised what had happened (which wasn't till later on) but I went about 15mtrs in space, while confined in an elevator, and most probably went back about 15 seconds.

At the time a few quite miraculous things were happening whenever I was about to meet this one friend. She needed to see such things, as were happening around me, to get her onto a particular openness, and I think the fact I didn't and don't profess a regular spirituality, mines alot more in the mud and grease of existence, and it was cool being the subject of such creative twistings of time, space and... wait for it!... arrangements!
Old 30-10-2011, 11:08 PM
philodope

I do hope the DA gets to read this. When someone asks a question I dont only fathom what they are asking on a contextual basis but also try to think as to why the question is asked. (Not that im right by any means lol).

Time is also a phsychological human need as well (just my two cents)

The word future as it pertains to my limited perception of time, means many things but one way to look at it is a series of events that have not yet unfolded (oh how narrow minded of me :). Yet another way to too narrow the the perception further is to see it as a series of decisions that as a member of the human race on the planet earth in a compleatly physical world conciousness, will be made by you. Now our expierence with the given situation or senario and can aid in our descision making process, and what we decide, depending on its importence and context, will affect other decisions in our lives.
If youve ever used things like tarot, then this easily explains what Im getting at. I also think that many here have excellent points seeing as Ive spoken to others in my past through my present timeline. But the timeline to cherish is the one you have at this very moment, regardless of whether I think I get another shot at being a human or not, I dont get anoother chance at being the human I am at this moment ever again.
Old 30-10-2011, 11:27 PM
philodope

Posted by mattie

That time is an illusion or our existence is an illusion are concepts that are quite overused IMO. There is some basis is these statements, but they have often been misapplied or taken to flawed conclusions. Use your discernment in considering discussions of this nature.

Time is a feature of 3D. It may not be a characteristic of other Ds, but it is of this one. We can likely advance to the point, even in physicality where it is more of a fluid characteristic that we can work w/, but this entails a considerable amount of personal work.

Predetermination is really a vast amount of choices that is practically infinite. There are many possible options that exist for each of the choices we make in a lifetime. However, it is our selection of a single option from numerous available options for each choice that determines the manifested pathway. So, while the variety of options we have for every choice could be identified (from a larger perspective than we usually occupy), & even catalogued, this isn’t predestination. The choice of of the pathway is entirely ours.

Given the different combination of choices possible for the countless of decisions & the millions of resulting possible pathways available for each decision in a given lifetime, there exists an almost infinite variety of outcomes. While it would not be infinite in a strict technical sense, the mathematics for all of possible outcomes for all of the options existing for each decision of an entire lifetime would have quite a few zeroes!

Therefore, one could say there is a certain level of predetermination in a very broad sense, but one with almost an infinite amount of available pathways.

There are many things that are occurring all around us to support that considerable change is indeed occurring

philodope
Much more elegant and useful
Old 31-10-2011, 03:54 AM
GGpeace

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAngel
Time is an illusion like many here have said. Not linear anything. If everything is just "there" than our future must be set in stone. No? Cause taking this idea that would also mean that our past isn't set in stone.
I honestly believe that people who say its not set in stone do it to ease their minds and make them feel in control. But its not like we read a book and know whats going to happen. Believing that everything that happens happens for a reasons shouldn't stop someone from purposing what they want with all their might!
Anyway, its just seems that because time doesn't exist and everything just "is" there cannot be a way to change what will happen.

Time is an illusion. An illusion to the conscious mind. Only through the superconscious mind (or christ conciousness) can we truely understand this. You will not be able to comprehend this thought as long as youre in a physical body.

Also, everything does happen for a reason but we do have the power to do what we want. Its never set in stone. The power of the will of man (not human) is the greatest force in the universe. We have a choice to change our "fate"
Old 03-02-2012, 01:32 AM
grim789

Time is just what we use on earth. The whole universe is time yet black holes can actually bend space and time. So In My OPINION time is nothing but everything. We are sections in time each one of us has a trail of life of time if you will. What did you do 5 minutes ago? Well whatever it was you know you where there and in time. So there must be time if we are moving trough it without time no one would age or die.

We ourselves have a black hole at the center of our galaxy, that is slowly i mean slowly pulling us into oblivion. This creates time along with earths rotation, im sure there is something im leavin out, but just trying to get point out. Time is the beggining middle and end. There is more on this in the study of quantum mechanics very interesting stuff i might ad. heck out time zero when reaching light speed at 84k miles per second.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Idhrenniel

Actually, time does *not* exist. All there is in life, is now. Past doesn't technically exist, and Future doesn't either. Nothing could possibly be "set in stone". Our thoughts are what create the world around us. Every day, you create your own life by thinking whatever thoughts you think. If you really want to just blast your mind open, anything that you imagine exists somewhere, somehow, and if you think about it enough, it is bound to manifest. It is just a theory. But I have been testing out the theory day to day and I find I can bring things to myself simply by thinking about them. For the skeptics: I am not stating anything, I am simply telling you how my life works.

Time is a way of making us feel like we have validity in life. Even though it is literally a figment of thoughts. But we did think it up, therefore it now exists for us.

See what I'm saying?

This is simply a forum for discussing our own beliefs and our own lives, and hopefully (if we are grown up enough!) giving others loving advice.
Old 06-03-2012, 10:58 PM
Idhrenniel

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightFilledHeart
[b][font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=navy]

Mostly what I seem to be noticing these days is the speed up of time. A 24 hr. day somehow "takes less time", i.e., goes by faster!!! Time is speeding up somehow. Don't ask me to explain it...I can't! But I know and feel the rightness of what I'm saying. I suspect it has to do with the speed up in vibration we are all going through as our DNA continues to be altered and we are catapulted into the up-coming shift.

What was it John Lennon said in that song about the UFO's over New York? Strange days indeed! One thing is for sure though... however smooth or bumpy the ride ahead, we all agreed to be here for it!!

I completely agree! I don't know how to explain the days going by SO quickly! It is not normal! I have also experienced constant dreams of certain UFO's and I know that something is going to happen! I think you are blessed to have such amazing experiences with the warping time. Which is entirely possible. Wormholes are possible, therefore the warping of "time" in our daily lives and even possibly time TRAVEL, is completely pliable. (in my opinion)
Old 11-03-2012, 09:12 PM
Denial

Idhrenniel:
I think you are right on the past/present/future thing, though you might better say that the past has existed since at one point it was the present and now you are simply recalling that present in your mind, the future is a reaction on the past and therefore not set in stone.

I don't however belief in UFO's, I think it's merely the process of maturing that makes time go faster for your perspective because your mind becomes more active (learning more, working etc.)