Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Paranormal & Supernatural > Mysteries, Myths & Legends

Old 21-11-2012, 07:22 AM
Knower
Mythical Gods

In our history there are many reference's to godlike creatures or deities. Be it in folklore or ancient mythical text.

Yet are these reports of "Gods" actually based on real observerable creatures? The Cyclopes was a creature with one eye, which is a part of ancient mythology yet there are reports from recent history, of sightings of these creatures.

If, and I say, if, these creatures exist are they from this very earth, or were they left here by some superior intelligence as a form of overseer or protector of some kind?

There is also a possibility they are multidimensional in nature, that interact with our so called reality at specific moments in time, if this is the case, how often do they interact with our world, and the question is, why?

Old 21-11-2012, 07:30 AM
Henri77

Quote:
Originally Posted by magonia

There is also a possibility they are multidimensional in nature, that interact with our so called reality at specific moments in time,

This is an interesting take on such beings. Why not?
Some pretty weird creatures have been spotted on occasion, or they could live largely underground.
I seem to recall drawings of cyclop type beings that were considered ET's ,quite some decades ago.

Someone felt the Loch Ness monster could be the "ghost" of a dinosaur age creature. Or something of that sort. Seems far more likely than a prehistoric being still existing, undetected.

To me this is pretty fringe stuff, but no stranger than "plasma" , energy beings living within the earth, that have been communicated with or seen, by many many people, in Mexico especially. And also France.
Old 08-12-2012, 03:21 AM
Kyrios

Quote:
Originally Posted by magonia
In our history there are many reference's to godlike creatures or deities. Be it in folklore or ancient mythical text.

Yet are these reports of "Gods" actually based on real observerable creatures? The Cyclopes was a creature with one eye, which is a part of ancient mythology yet there are reports from recent history, of sightings of these creatures.

If, and I say, if, these creatures exist are they from this very earth, or were they left here by some superior intelligence as a form of overseer or protector of some kind?

There is also a possibility they are multidimensional in nature, that interact with our so called reality at specific moments in time, if this is the case, how often do they interact with our world, and the question is, why?

I've wondered whether such beings are based on real people/being before, but you will notice that in most mythologies the gods are only recorded in myth but most people never claimed any real sort of encounter. Even so, there are still pagans in the modern age. From what I understand some of them have seen their gods in dreams or during meditation, and most of them don't believe them to actually be beings that have physical forms but more of a universal energy. Some see them as multiple aspects of a single god (like a fusion of Hindu beliefs). At least this is what I understand from the pagans I've asked about why they believe what they believe. I don't know how much of this is true.

If I were you, I would ask people on the Pagan boards about such beings and where they fit into belief systems. Then you could always question what they believe about such entities.
Old 15-12-2012, 02:38 PM
Knower

The various elementals, etc, (which are distinct from the beings known as Gods), are seen at only certain times. I think it is not that they are not there, but we cannot percieve them. Our brains must be on the correct frequency, as induced by meditation, dance, drugs or any other traditional altered-state method to actually become aware of what is all around us.
Maybe they are in other realities, but it is up to us to open our eyes to these parallel worlds.
Old 15-12-2012, 11:15 PM
Master
During the 1944-1945 air raids in Taiwan, my mother and her sisters, whom were toddlers at the time, saw supposedly a girl of 18 or 19, catching live bombs with her long skirt. There were various accounts of the same description of the young girl catching the bombs by the locals as well as by American servicemen. Many claimed that she was Kuan Yin, Goddess of Mercy, watching over the people, saving them from definite doom.
Old 14-04-2013, 04:35 AM
sedago

I believe the myths and legends from the past reveal many deep truths about Man and his evolution. Only one has to read between the lines . Actually, a lot of this knowledge about the past is preserved only in the myths and legends, nowhere else, but it is not so easy to get to these secrets.
Old 14-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Eonnn84

Quote:
Originally Posted by hannah
The various elementals, etc, (which are distinct from the beings known as Gods), are seen at only certain times. I think it is not that they are not there, but we cannot percieve them. Our brains must be on the correct frequency, as induced by meditation, dance, drugs or any other traditional altered-state method to actually become aware of what is all around us.
Maybe they are in other realities, but it is up to us to open our eyes to these parallel worlds.
This makes the most sense to me.

I am most curious about dragons. Did they exist here once? perhaps a breed of dinosaur? why are there no remains found or have the remains been covered up in secrecy?
Old 15-04-2013, 12:15 PM
Master
Myths and legends are glimpses of the oral histories which are the REAL histories of our planet and race. They are open to those who know the ways.
Old 15-06-2013, 04:58 PM
Knower

I think the dragon has a much more subtle and symbolic meaning, they were not actual physical creatures. An interesting link is here

http://www.parallelcommunity.com/PCn...r-June2013.pdf