Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 21-10-2010, 03:38 PM
Iskandar

Dreams of battle

Hi.
As far as I can remember from when I was very little, the majority of my dreams have always been filled with battle and conflict. Massive armies clash about me, sometimes I go out and I am invincible, other times I am overwhelmed and seemingly killed. I cannot make sense of it. It happens so often. Why are my dreams filled with such violence since childhood?

Does this have anything to do with past memories and experiences? Or am I looking too deeply into it.
I never had a bad childhood, or any traumatic events that I can remember. Why when I go to sleep am I so often on the battlefield?
Old 21-10-2010, 06:17 PM
Knower
It sounds like you might have been some type of solider in a past life or lifes. It could also just be symbolizing something else.

Can you tell what era you are in?
How old were you when these dreams started?
Old 22-10-2010, 03:17 PM
Iskandar

Quote:
Originally Posted by nephesh
It sounds like you might have been some type of solider in a past life or lifes. It could also just be symbolizing something else.

Can you tell what era you are in?
How old were you when these dreams started?

It seems to vary, though mostly it seems to be a greek setting. Around the era of the warring greek city states.

They started when I was around 7-8 years old if I recall correctly.
Old 23-10-2010, 02:27 AM
Knower
That's interesting that they started so young.
Old 24-10-2010, 12:34 AM
Iskandar

Yeah, it's really had me stumped. I guess it's my subconscious trying to tell me something.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:58 PM
KerryK

Soldier past life?

I also have had 'memories' as a young child of being a soldier. (before I even know what that all was)
I somehow knew it to be WW2, and it was in Italy I feel. I remember the helmet was a shallow type(British) with a chin strap hanging down below my chin.

I am male soldier along with one or two others that I can see, in a muddy, smelly trench. It was raining and had recently stopped, though I still felt droplet's here and there. There was one fellow beside me, smoking a wet cigarette and I remembered wondering how he'd gotten it lit. There was noise, so much noise, gunfire and bombs of some sort. I remember hearing this loud whining whistle of a missile/bomb, and knowing I was about to die. Everything went black.
Also when I was young I'd sit in the backyard and 'drift off' and remember planes, lots of them, flying in formation, it was SO loud and they just seemed to keep coming up over the horizon.
Any ideas?
Old 04-11-2010, 02:52 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Kerry - Have you done any WWII research?
Old 04-11-2010, 03:54 PM
KerryK

Soldier

I did a little just recently via a tv show actually. I sensed it already was the north western area of Italy. This program was showing the battle lines in Italy, and when I saw the name Firenze, I shivered and audibly gasped! So from what this show said it would have put me on or about the Gothic Line of battle. Firenze really stuck out though. I was either British or a Commonwealth country solder I think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan_Prien
Kerry - Have you done any WWII research?
Old 04-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Kapitan_Prien

Oh that's neat - that the show you just watched helped you out.

I don't study that aspect (obviously) so I wouldn't know where to start you out with researching that...I'd just start 'Googling' like crazy to see what you can find with both web site results and with photographs.
Old 04-11-2010, 05:53 PM
KerryK

Soldier

It was timely, especially at a time when I wasn't even thinking about this thought and that it could be a past life.

The vision always felt vividly real, war scenes I should not even be aware of as a child when I first had this 'vision'. I can remember the smells(death, mud, sweat, cigarette smoke, and smoke), the feel of the mud, the wet, tired, wishing for home, worrying all encompassed in this one scene.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapitan_Prien
Oh that's neat - that the show you just watched helped you out.

I don't study that aspect (obviously) so I wouldn't know where to start you out with researching that...I'd just start 'Googling' like crazy to see what you can find with both web site results and with photographs.