Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-11-2016, 08:53 PM
Experiencer

Empathic?

What is that feeling where you just feel tention in the air and you just have the feeling you are not wanted there, even though nobody has said it? Empathy? I had this strong today and I thought it was in my head until my husband mentioned it too.
Old 25-11-2016, 03:35 AM
Master

If you were picking up the others' thoughts that would be telepathy and if you were picking up their feelings that would be empathy.
Old 25-11-2016, 03:59 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenny Crow
If you were picking up the others' thoughts that would be telepathy and if you were picking up their feelings that would be empathy.

I pick up feelings.

I used words to tell my TF early on she didn't speak my language, I think she thought I didn't speak english or something. I just meant, she didn't talk in feelings... but she has an entirely different way of talking apparently and I haven't picked up much of what she is saying either. Guess I spent too many years fighting it

the other day I said somethin on the TF board about how my latest 'flame' for lack of a better word had 'told' me something that I needed to change... you might want to understand that she and I have never had a real conversation as you understand it, never even seen each other outside a rather rigid setting and then only for short periods, but we had emotional energy going back and forth for a long time. At some point I just 'knew' what she meant from the way she was acting.

I guess I'm trying to say is don't belittle what you feel. There is a lot to it and if you have feelings that seem to mean someone doesn't want you there, they probably don't want you there. But it is up to you how to respond to that.
Old 25-11-2016, 05:04 AM
Experiencer

Warning, sad

Me, my husband, and my uncle who lives with us took in my 17 year old uncles grandson, who was being physically and emotionally abused by his stepmom. His dad wanted his son to be there in thanksgiving, and we showed up with him. The air was thick with that not liking us there. The boys younger sister has fresh scratches on her face. This has been reported.
Old 25-11-2016, 11:50 AM
Ascender
To me I would say it's intuitive rather than empathy, to me empathy is almost putting yourself in someone's shoes and understanding what they may be going through what things may be effecting them. You clearly have empathy for the children involved. To me intuition helps us pick up on general things, vibes, cues from around us and the ability to put it together, you get a gut feeling for things, so here you have come in and you have seen scratches felt the vibes and know something's wrong without having to have seen it or be told etc.
Terrible situation though :(
Old 25-11-2016, 06:05 PM
Master

Because I fell everything is a dot that if we connect them we can see a web of connection but we talk separately about each thing having no connection. Was wondering if chakras have anything to do with say even empathy. I raised this question in myself by wondering where does empathy come from. I'm wondering about both dots. We treat it as power, that's all.

Do chakras involve (accessing) energy plains or planes or energies. I mean I look at people who have greater degree of compassion and those having empathy. I tend to see such people having compassion at a level of perspective or understanding say I don't have. For instance the heart chakra. It's seems to give us or is said a different view and awareness. The heart is open to love, I hear this many times. The heart is needed! The heart is and knows love. Love is said to be high energy and that is what the heart sees where another chakra does not have such high energy it accesses another plane and so to have a perfect blend all must be open. Do people view chakra as important or have you ever thought of it being so. I see a number of people who say the don't like the experiencing of empathy for instance and how it makes one feel.

It is through this we can turn on or shut off that which is potential within. Don't know why I thought about it in this way. Do such treads to each like strings to each other exist we never saw before. Can such a thing be made better or have a better experience. This came from my journal today.
Old 26-11-2016, 05:12 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Because I fell everything is a dot that if we connect them we can see a web of connection but we talk separately about each thing having no connection. Was wondering if chakras have anything to do with say even empathy. I raised this question in myself by wondering where does empathy come from. I'm wondering about both dots. We treat it as power, that's all.

Do chakras involve (accessing) energy plains or planes or energies. I mean I look at people who have greater degree of compassion and those having empathy. I tend to see such people having compassion at a level of perspective or understanding say I don't have. For instance the heart chakra. It's seems to give us or is said a different view and awareness. The heart is open to love, I hear this many times. The heart is needed! The heart is and knows love. Love is said to be high energy and that is what the heart sees where another chakra does not have such high energy it accesses another plane and so to have a perfect blend all must be open. Do people view chakra as important or have you ever thought of it being so. I see a number of people who say the don't like the experiencing of empathy for instance and how it makes one feel.

It is through this we can turn on or shut off that which is potential within. Don't know why I thought about it in this way. Do such treads to each like strings to each other exist we never saw before. Can such a thing be made better or have a better experience. This came from my journal today.

I suspect you are right in suspecting that it is in some way gateways to something else... other planes and definitely energy. I think you could probably find many lovely things there if you want to go looking.... and it probably does have something to do with what your possibilities are as well. I didn't like it because I wasn't convinced the powers that be would let me play with it (my gut was that as with so many things they were going to deny me) so I don't know much about it beyond having some basic ideas
Old 26-11-2016, 06:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angnix
What is that feeling where you just feel tention in the air and you just have the feeling you are not wanted there, even though nobody has said it? Empathy? I had this strong today and I thought it was in my head until my husband mentioned it too.

This is feeling energy. Empathy is tuning into another's emotions but realize it is separate from you own. The more you know your own emotions and have understood them. The more detached empathy can be.
Old 30-11-2016, 04:09 PM
Experiencer

Ironically two days ago out of the blue my uncle tells me he is an empath and I am too, but my husband is not. How do you confirm such information?
Old 30-11-2016, 05:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angnix

Becoming more aware of your environment and others, will at times open you to notice how you feel and how situations and others feel. I am a predominate feeler type and I would call myself an predominate empath, mostly because I feel the subtle and not so subtle layers moving through the whole movements of others, whether expressed or not. Some empaths call this "reading" others. But in my view your not really reading them, your aware of them, because your awareness is showing you what is present, without trying to see or feel. Your just open to that degree to be aware. Being open in this way is what I believe our natural state, to access a deeper awareness of all life and relating to all life more compassionately aware.

The ultimate for any empath and where I am now mostly in myself is to be able to stay present and be aware of all this and not get entangled, know what is mine and what is others, be aware of the shared space with a more conscious ability to stay grounded and be myself. I think I was born an empath, feeling more deeply my surroundings and myself from a very young age. I know it caused me much grief and skewed ideas of my own sense of self, but the long term unfolding has allowed me to come to know myself more clear and open in this way. More clear and open to feel fully other life and still maintain the ability to be me. Now days I can be open, aware of my surroundings clearer and not be tripped up by the constant bombardment of what is moving around me. I can be aware and still stay grounded, which for any empath is a blessing really.

Being more open and aware offers a gift of deeper understanding of yourself and others. It also offers you the ability to know the bigger picture when the bigger picture is not being conveyed by others. It supports you to be more aware of your surroundings and often those who are open in this way, it can deepen into compassion and support of others as they are also. Naturally empathic people tend to be in professions of support and care of others, especially if open to their empathy from a young age. It tends to take them down this pathway..

Many empaths feel cursed by their gift to feel deeply. I see it as a gift.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder