Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 14-03-2012, 06:16 PM
special-k

Cat newbie on the block

im kayla. A young 19yr old just living in the city side of sydney. I found witchery through a close family member who i amnow trying to find through witchery. I am going to try hard to gain as much knowledge as i can to find this family member. As for starters, i would like some replies back on the definition of what they call a 'waxing moon' it seems to be importan t when casting spells.
Old 14-03-2012, 06:52 PM
Master
Hi special-k, enjoy this amazing site xoxoxox
Old 12-04-2012, 03:45 AM
Wickerman

I'm new here too, not new to Heathenism though. A waxing moon is when the moon is growing, from the new moon to the full moon, it is getting larger. A wanning moon is the opposite, it is when the moon grows smaller, from the full moon to the new moon. Positive magic works best during the waxing moon cycle, while negative magic should be performed during a wanning moon. I don't mean white magic vs black magic, what I mean by positive magic, is spells that are intended to create something, bring money, find love, get a job etc. Negative magic would be things like breaking a habit, removing a curse, etc.
Old 12-04-2012, 03:50 AM
MaliMarie

Angel1

welcome to the site!

As for the moon thing, this is how I remember it...

If you hold your right hand up to the moon and the bottom curve of the moon fits in.. then it's waxing. Hold your left hand up and it fits, then it's waning.

I really hope that made sense lol
Old 13-04-2012, 12:31 AM
Wickerman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaliMarie

As for the moon thing, this is how I remember it...

If you hold your right hand up to the moon and the bottom curve of the moon fits in.. then it's waxing. Hold your left hand up and it fits, then it's waning.

That is an excellent way to tell what moon it is without, having to look at an almanac.
Old 17-04-2012, 02:36 PM
Occultist

What type of divination or spell work will you be using besides the lunar cycle to help find the location?
Old 17-04-2012, 02:40 PM
Master
There is also a view that the moon appears in the night-time. This is a time between times - the veil is thinner, a time when the spirit world is more accessible.