Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 04-04-2011, 06:53 AM
speaknow

newbie kind of, just a few questions

Hi, i used to be into wicca and magic when i was a teenager but things in my life changed and i let it go. But for some reason i am intriqued about it again today i have forgotten what i used to know, so i have a few questions, if someone could please answer, that would be great :)

do spells really work?, how do you cast spells?, are using angel cards or tarrot cards like using magic or is that something else?, can using wicca help to communicate with the dead?
Old 04-04-2011, 07:36 AM
Master
"do spells really work?, how do you cast spells?, are using angel cards or tarrot cards like using magic "

Lets tackle those in a lump. It is about the nature of magic. To be blunt, there is no magic in magic. "Magic" is the manipulation and channeling of Earth energies which are all around you. You are not the originator of this but more like a conduit, a focus. Forget about all the hocus-pocus in spells that some people find necessary. The requirements are Intent and Focus. You have to be crystal clear on what it is you wish to do, and have the mental discipline to maintain a sharp focus on this. To do this, you need an undistracted mind, a "Quiet" mind which can come through meditation. There is a need to find an environment which is an aid to this mental effort. Personally, I do my work in a small quiet valley beside a stream in the Yorkshire Dales where I can be very close to the source - Mother Earth. I find it also helps to ask for Her help and, afterwards, thank Her.
Oracle/Angel/Tarot cards - not magic but more an aid to bringing out your own intuition.

"communicate with the dead" - two things. What makes you think they wish to communicate with you ? Secondly, what are your motives ?
One of the festivals in the pagan calender is Samhain [around Oct 31], it is the Day of the Dead when the doors to Underworld stand open and the Veil is thinnest. Strictly speaking, this is a time to communicate with the ancestors. Doorways - caves, springs, waterfalls, deep hollows in the ground, etc. Best time is Samhain Eve midnight and DO NOT attempt this on your own - dont forget that doors open both ways !. I will say this loud and clear - this is not for anybody inexperienced ! I have done this the last two years with a small group and had some surprising but good results. I suppose at the end of the day, dont forget that you are approaching this as a supplicant, respectfully seeking guidance. I will not mention the rituals and I sincerely hope that I have put you off the whole thing ! Best to get yourself "up to speed" first.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:50 PM
Knower
Exclamation basic rules and some help

This isnt exactly awnsering any of your questions im just saying the basic grounds rules incase you've forgot these are and it harm none the other one is never bend anyone's will and i have read that if you wish someone ill and mean it then afterwards if you dont want it coming back on you then you have to say i take these words back and wish you well

If you want to read up to remember all you knew and to get some spells and finiding out meaning of runes and many other wiccan beliefes i suggest buying Spells and psychic powers by soraya it is a really good book and i find it really usefull it includes loads of information like how to cast a circle which i havent tried yet becuase im waiting for the right time as it will be my first time
Old 05-04-2011, 01:13 AM
speaknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
"do spells really work?, how do you cast spells?, are using angel cards or tarrot cards like using magic "

Lets tackle those in a lump. It is about the nature of magic. To be blunt, there is no magic in magic. "Magic" is the manipulation and channeling of Earth energies which are all around you. You are not the originator of this but more like a conduit, a focus. Forget about all the hocus-pocus in spells that some people find necessary. The requirements are Intent and Focus. You have to be crystal clear on what it is you wish to do, and have the mental discipline to maintain a sharp focus on this. To do this, you need an undistracted mind, a "Quiet" mind which can come through meditation. There is a need to find an environment which is an aid to this mental effort. Personally, I do my work in a small quiet valley beside a stream in the Yorkshire Dales where I can be very close to the source - Mother Earth. I find it also helps to ask for Her help and, afterwards, thank Her.
Oracle/Angel/Tarot cards - not magic but more an aid to bringing out your own intuition.

"communicate with the dead" - two things. What makes you think they wish to communicate with you ? Secondly, what are your motives ?
One of the festivals in the pagan calender is Samhain [around Oct 31], it is the Day of the Dead when the doors to Underworld stand open and the Veil is thinnest. Strictly speaking, this is a time to communicate with the ancestors. Doorways - caves, springs, waterfalls, deep hollows in the ground, etc. Best time is Samhain Eve midnight and DO NOT attempt this on your own - dont forget that doors open both ways !. I will say this loud and clear - this is not for anybody inexperienced ! I have done this the last two years with a small group and had some surprising but good results. I suppose at the end of the day, dont forget that you are approaching this as a supplicant, respectfully seeking guidance. I will not mention the rituals and I sincerely hope that I have put you off the whole thing ! Best to get yourself "up to speed" first.

um ok, ta and why do i think they want to communicate with me because they keep showing themselves to me, like i see them, i can smell them and they make noises and things move to try and get my attention.
Old 05-04-2011, 01:14 AM
speaknow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazel
This isnt exactly awnsering any of your questions im just saying the basic grounds rules incase you've forgot these are and it harm none the other one is never bend anyone's will and i have read that if you wish someone ill and mean it then afterwards if you dont want it coming back on you then you have to say i take these words back and wish you well

If you want to read up to remember all you knew and to get some spells and finiding out meaning of runes and many other wiccan beliefes i suggest buying Spells and psychic powers by soraya it is a really good book and i find it really usefull it includes loads of information like how to cast a circle which i havent tried yet becuase im waiting for the right time as it will be my first time

ok wow thanks, i will look into it.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:57 AM
TaoZen

The way I have always understood my own magic is that it isn't really magic. Magic to me is a way to communicate with nature (whatever it is you are trying to speak to) and a way of shaping some of the energies of the universe to essentially achieve true connection (if even for a second)

I do not believe magic in the way the media does such as Buffy the Vampire Slayer (although let me say I ADORE that show for entertainment)

I believe it as an unseen force that we are allowed to connect with time to time

But I do believe in the alchemical rule of Equivalent Exchange (for those of you who watch FMA) If you take unnecessarily you will eventually have to give back...and it will hurt if you push nature too far
Old 05-04-2011, 08:04 AM
Master
"But I do believe in the alchemical rule of Equivalent Exchange (for those of you who watch FMA) If you take unnecessarily you will eventually have to give back...and it will hurt if you push nature too far "

Good classical physics there, TaoZen. The Laws of Conservation. [ Matter/Energy can neither be created or destroyed but may be converted ]
Old 05-04-2011, 08:12 AM
Master
"
um ok, ta and why do i think they want to communicate with me because they keep showing themselves to me, like i see them, i can smell them and they make noises and things move to try and get my attention. "

OK, I see where you are coming from now. Do you find this distressing or are you OK with this attention ? Sounds like you need to find out why they are doing this - they must have a motive. Perhaps you need a Psychic to help you in this. Ask in the Psychic thread, you may find an answer there.
Old 05-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Knower
Bunny no problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by speaknow
ok wow thanks, i will look into it.

no problem - glad i could help
Old 05-04-2011, 02:22 PM
Lostgirl

Norseman - im not trying this at all, in fact the idea freaks me out a treat- howveer why shouldnt it be done by newibies? What will happen?! what was you experience?

Im asking about the communication with the dead on samhain eve?!