Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 05-12-2011, 07:51 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Surrender is letting go of whatever is going on in the mind - which is usually a familiar pattern - into the oneness, into universal love.

We often try fighting thoughts we don't want with thoughts we do, but that's not surrender and just keeps us involved with the mind.

Ramana Maharshi, one of my favorite sages, taught "Let the mind subside in the heart."

So in one practice this feels like seeing not what I'm thinking but where the thinking is happening... in or near my head...

and letting that thought energy form ease into my open inner heart space... where it dissolves in love.

If it or another thought appears I do the same again... and again...

Does this make sense, 3d?

Xan

Not now but I have a good memory I will understand it later if I can..

Cheers,

3d
Old 05-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Free4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalLove
do you believe God loves everyone?

And how would one reconcile this with the belief that God and the Universe are one (if possible)?

I'm just curious. Thanks. :)
I think God is the energy inside all of us and everything in our universe. It is pure and you feel it with hightened awareness. Go deeper in awareness and the more you will feel the love.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:48 PM
mattie

Accepting Our Self, Generating What We Call Love

There are a number of things to consider about whether God loves everyone & how this reconciled w/ God & the Universe being one.

What is meant by love? In spiritual discussions the term love is often representative for all higher or positive frequency emotions or energies. While love is often looked at at the highest frequency emotion, it is likely that this is actually JOY. Love tends to be from something to something, even if this something is to our self. Unconditional love is better than conditional love where we love if we get something out of it or under certain circumstances, but it is still directed. JOY doesn’t require being to something, from something. JOY is more of a feeling of happiness, perfect contentment (being centered & at one w/ our place in the Universe), or bliss. A state of BEing in & of itself. I wouldn’t suggest replacing God is love w/ God is JOY or these other words as this is still using the word of a specific emotional state or state of BEing to represent a whole range of positive emotions & thoughts. We now have had for decades many teachers who’ve talked about moving past fear, limitations, mastering our own thoughts & emotions & working w/ our own energies. This impreciseness of using the word love to represent all higher frequency thoughts & emotions is appropriate when writing creative poetry, but often confusing & very incomplete when discussing metaphysics.

In the 1960s love is the answer was a popular song & idea. The idea that God was love & all the world needed was to be flooded w/ love was popular. This was really great as it brought focus to things that were needed at that time. However, many doing serious work on their self to reach this state of being centered, balance, then merging their energies found out that love-bombing their self & everything else wasn’t the ONLY answer by any means. What was missing? Even after they were fully in the love mode, they still had considerable fears, still engaged in considerable drama, etc. Those who were flexible & not overly invested in having to have their current (or past) spiritual modus operandi be right began to look at what were the missing pieces of the metaphysical puzzle. It was found that while what love represents (higher frequency emotions & thoughts of all kinds) was a vital part of the answer, that there was ALLOT more to raising one’s frequency than love-bombing self & the world. Love being the answer was, though, a vital step in doing the discovery that led to finding out the other things that we do to master our energies.

We often attribute human emotions like love to the energy we call God. While that can help us relate to this energy, it really isn’t applicable. This is highly preferable to organized religion’s ancient version of a vengeful God that punishes us. God being love is a very useful transitional concept to move into a more positive image of how the Universe is ordered. Accepting our own energies is often seen as unconditional love. We love us because God is love. We can actually reverse this though & simply accept our self, existing in a state of JOY w/o this acceptance being based on our tapping into external love (acceptance). We find that this is innate in our self.

What are the energies we call God? This varies considerably. While few still see God as the vengeful deity that favors one tribe over all the others on a planet, many still see God as a separate creator deity, even a micromanager handing out all of life’s ups & downs as demerits or rewards. Others move further away from organized religion’s view of God w/ the term Prime Creator although this clearly indicates a separate deity. Source usually is only faintly associated w/ a separate managerial deity creator. Universe usually dispenses entirely w/ the separate creator deity all together, referring to an integrated energetic organism, of which we are part, continually recreating itself.

When one moves past the separate creator deity of God, having human emotions then there is no need to reconcile the belief of God loving w/ how the Universal energies are organized. When one moves past the mid-4D (1-12D) region of lower frequency emotions such as fear, one moves into a state of higher frequency where independant states such as JOY & bliss are the norm. Nothing has to be reconciled. It is just what IS.
Old 05-12-2011, 08:05 PM
Master
One name for God I like is All That Is.... which means, you too.

Xan

Old 06-12-2011, 05:58 AM
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
One name for God I like is All That Is.... which means, you too.
Xan
Thankyouthankyouthankyou.
Just got me at the right exact moment.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-12-2011, 06:15 PM
Guide

Go beyond all appearances, to the place of source, then deception cannot be, for love severs the very essence of existence

Go beyond the atom, the nutrino, go again to the source. There is the light that animates life and moves it in billions of appearances.

Go beyond theory, the senses, beyond speech, thought, understanding, go to the very source where all is sacred loving and peaceful.

Go beyond awareness, consciousness, time, space, creation itself, go to source wise ones, where all begins, where all returns and where all is.

Here in the light of eternity rests the eternal ebb and flow, the heart of love beats out the force of creation, ever moving yet still, ever different, yet the same, ever

solid, yet ethereal, ever constant yet imperishable. Here is truth wise ones. The very core is the essence, in and out, appearance, disappearance, the power that

reveals itself, yet hides.
Old 06-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetruth
Go beyond all appearances, to the place of source, then deception cannot be, for love severs the very essence of existence

Go beyond the atom, the nutrino, go again to the source. There is the light that animates life and moves it in billions of appearances.

Go beyond theory, the senses, beyond speech, thought, understanding, go to the very source where all is sacred loving and peaceful.

Go beyond awareness, consciousness, time, space, creation itself, go to source wise ones, where all begins, where all returns and where all is.

Here in the light of eternity rests the eternal ebb and flow, the heart of love beats out the force of creation, ever moving yet still, ever different, yet the same, ever

solid, yet ethereal, ever constant yet imperishable. Here is truth wise ones. The very core is the essence, in and out, appearance, disappearance, the power that

reveals itself, yet hides.

Printing this out. Making it into a laminated bookmark.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 06-12-2011, 08:02 PM
Master
Mattie: We often attribute human emotions like love to the energy we call God.

Love that is emotion is not the same as the love we say is God. That's just like a glimmer from a whole sky of light.

Love itself is not emotion but has a different quality.... love just being love for no reason.

Xan

Old 06-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Master
lovetruth:

Go beyond all appearances,
to the place of source,
then deception cannot be,
for love severs the very essence of existence

Go beyond the atom, the nutrino,
go again to the source.
There is the light that animates life
and moves it in billions of appearances.

Go beyond theory, the senses,
beyond speech, thought, understanding,
go to the very source
where all is sacred loving and peaceful.

Go beyond awareness, consciousness,
time, space, creation itself,
go to source wise ones,
where all begins,
where all returns and where all is.

Here in the light of eternity rests the eternal ebb and flow,
the heart of love beats out the force of creation,
ever moving yet still, ever different, yet the same,
ever
solid, yet ethereal, ever constant yet imperishable.

Here is truth wise ones.
The very core is the essence,
in and out, appearance, disappearance,
the power that
reveals itself,
yet hides.

Truly beautiful... beautifully true, lovetruth.

Xan

Old 06-12-2011, 08:04 PM
Guide

More power to you Miss Hepburn. This came to me from Babaji. Love passing it on.