Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 04-12-2011, 08:49 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by UniversalLove
do you believe God loves everyone?

And how would one reconcile this with the belief that God and the Universe are one (if possible)?

I'm just curious. Thanks. :)

Even though I could tell you that God loves everyone, it probably wouldn't be sufficient for you. When one starts to experience how to use the heart properly, which is our connection to Source/God, we can ask that question directly and get that answer directly. You will never have to believe anymore, but know with great certainty, deep within your heart, the truth. And if one is able to get into the core of the heart, inner heart, you'll know with absolute certainty how much the Creator love us and everyone of us, no matter how much we've strayed from the Love.

I haven't reached the point of absolute realization that God and the Universe is one. I guess I'll know that when and if I attain YOGA.
And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him. - 1 John 4:16
Old 04-12-2011, 11:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
.... realized "I am all of it." I'm still surrendering to that.

Hi Xan, How do you surrender to that? May be useful later.

Surrender is letting go of whatever is going on in the mind - which is usually a familiar pattern - into the oneness, into universal love.

We often try fighting thoughts we don't want with thoughts we do, but that's not surrender and just keeps us involved with the mind.

Ramana Maharshi, one of my favorite sages, taught "Let the mind subside in the heart."

So in one practice this feels like seeing not what I'm thinking but where the thinking is happening... in or near my head...

and letting that thought energy form ease into my open inner heart space... where it dissolves in love.

If it or another thought appears I do the same again... and again...

Does this make sense, 3d?

Xan

Old 04-12-2011, 11:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Xan, by the way, I love your signature quotes. Those also answer my questions. I'm glad I saw them. :)

I'm glad they're helpful to you.

Xan

Old 05-12-2011, 12:02 AM
Humm

I love Tarthang Tulku - not really familiar with the other two.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
wow, psycho, ''I am all that there IS''... how did you get to know this...
By being who I AM, you should try it, or realize it for your SELF.
Old 05-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Humm
I love Tarthang Tulku - not really familiar with the other two.

I think you'd also love Gangaji, Humm... http://gangaji.org... and lots of YouTube short talks.

Xan

Old 05-12-2011, 12:43 AM
Master
For me it isn't the issue of when this or that may occur, nor is it a wonderful thing that happened to me in particular, and love is the love that is felt heartfully, not another thing.

That does not diminish it, though it seems to make things far less interesting, it actually brings attention to the reality love, as it actually feels to any particular individual...

The gurus speak of something, but I don't know what they say, and do not aspire to the illusions they conjure in my imagination, though I do enjoy their poetic talent, and others may have their own relation to these poems, and share their experiences, but all this neither enhances nor diminishes the love I can actually feel.

Never be distracted and led into wishing there were more, because that heartfelt love is the place to rest the attention, and by being aware of that love as it is actually felt, you are loving.
Old 05-12-2011, 01:35 AM
Neqodin

God?

Quote:
do you believe God loves everyone?

And how would one reconcile this with the belief that God and the Universe are one (if possible)?

I'm just curious. Thanks. :)

Are you speaking of any God in particular? Or are you referring to the Christian God?

You are more than you know. You do not need any God or Love to let you be what you are because everything you need, you already possess inside you. Search deep "within" before you relying on what other people tell you is "without" and scrutinise everything you hear to find the truth.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:00 AM
n2mec

For me,
Love: Is the doorway to God, its getting past the emotional blockade where clam clear waters await and the search ends.
Old 05-12-2011, 02:31 AM
Master
3d... I have another idea to share with you that I learned and use.

When the mind starts its usual pattern, use some method to stop it right away. Don't let it gather a confusion momentum at all.

Then you can shift your attention easily into unconditional love, or all-that-is.

This is my definition of spiritual growth: We catch our mind habit quicker... and stop and change direction.

Xan