Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-12-2011, 01:09 AM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
Wait we using "I am" as the "ID" like what Sigmund Freud talks about?

Hi occultist! Not sure I am understanding what you are talking about. Could you explain please?
Old 16-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
I think the words "I am" were even prior to the question "who am I" and maybe prior to that there had to be a subtle feeling of existence and maybe prior to that a consciousness to perceive that I exist. Wouldn't you agree?

If I had answers then I would either agree or disagree depending on what those answers were. But then, perhaps that's the whole point of it. Perhaps in order to have some perception of existence I need the question "Who Am I?"
Old 16-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Master
ah nooo! would you adam and eve it??? probably one the longest and most thoughtfull posts i've typed on sf and the server decides to reset and like that really big fish that got away, a real peacher, it's gone never to be seen again

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 16-12-2011, 06:24 PM
Elijah

Quote:
Originally Posted by necta3
ah nooo! would you adam and eve it??? probably one the longest and most thoughtfull posts i've typed on sf and the server decides to reset and like that really big fish that got away, a real peacher, it's gone never to be seen again
If you're talking about having to sign back in & as a result losing your msg, just don't sign back in using the top right hand side box, instead use the one near the middle & your msg will remain.
Old 16-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Occultist

Quote:
Hi occultist! Not sure I am understanding what you are talking about. Could you explain please?
when you are using the term "I am" is that another name for the inner "ID" of
sigmund freud teachings?
Or is the " I am " something different? I am confused because to me the "I am" is a name for Yewah.
Old 16-12-2011, 06:56 PM
Master
Quote:
According to Nisargatta Maharaj the ‘I am’ appeared on our True state and that after it appeared it remained in a pure state for some time, but then words, language and concepts started piling up on it. The ‘I am’ was then verbal and identified itself with body and we became ‘so and so’ living in this world as so and so....the person...an individual. Maharaj said that then mind started to develope and became a workshop of mischief, but that the root cause was the ‘I am’.

In order to end the "mischief" one has to revert and come back to ‘I am’, the original cause of mischief and as we meditate on "I am" and realize its falseness.... it disappears and one has then transcended the ‘I am’.

Could it be that simple?

So if we are so deceived by this 'I AM'...then everything we do and believe and try, would be coming from deception...no?
And if that is true then it would be deception trying to transcend itself by meditating on itself...no?

In other words if there is a one to transcend the I AM, and it was trying, by meditating on it or an other means, then it would have already transcended it...lol

Blessings, James
Old 17-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Racer X

Was the "I am" the cause of all mischief?

No..... the "I am not" is the cause of that~

Old 18-12-2011, 03:19 AM
Master
i am is the cause of all mischief, even the idea that there is such a thing as mischief lols