Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > General Religion

Old 30-01-2017, 09:06 PM
Deactivated Account
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Since God
Please define "God".
Quote:
refuses to save us
Please define "us".
Quote:
or even help us then in truth I
Please define "I".
Quote:
do not see why we
Please define "we".
Quote:
shouldn't declare ourselves
Please define "ourselves"
Quote:
God and look after our own self.
Please define "self".
Quote:
The amount of help
Please define "help".
Quote:
that the Human race receives from the higher powers
Please define "higher power"
Quote:
amounts to just about ZERO. So why shouldn't people declare themselves the masters of their own destiny
Please define "destiny".

Once I see your definition of these terms and phrases, it may be possible to have a meaningful discussion.
Old 31-01-2017, 01:31 AM
Master
In everyone's who is here opinion - is the human race in trouble?

In your opinion - does the human race receive help from God?

To me it certainly seems as though the human race IS in trouble and it seems as though we don't receive any help.

Consequently it is necessary to be tough at times; even if it means declaring yourself God.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 31-01-2017, 07:10 AM
Master
The way the human race is, with lies being truth and truth being lies, you can declare yourself to be 'God' as much as you want and it will make no difference to anybody or anything but you.

Yes, God helps those who help themselves...tis true.
Old 31-01-2017, 08:38 AM
Master
Quote:
In everyone's who is here opinion - is the human race in trouble?
No. Beliefs are conditioning. The definition of conditioning is "To bring something to a desired state." I have worked for many years to bring my thoughts to my desired state of always seeing the best in the world and life. More than anything else, that has been my spiritual path: to transform my fear and negativity, into joy and gratitude, and belief in the highest and best, and in a universe that is entirely benevolent.

So I say no, because I have conditioned myself to believe that. A pessimist will say yes, because a pessimist has conditioned his/her self to believe in the negative and the worst.

And yes I receive help from spirit. All the time; 24/7 in fact. It's all around me, working and assisting in my life. I just only catch a glimpse of it from time to time because I am still developing my spiritual sight.
Old 31-01-2017, 08:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Consequently it is necessary to be tough at times; even if it means declaring yourself God.
That made me smile. I had to get tough years ago. I was in a spiritual cult that taught a lot of ugly, negative beliefs. So much negativity and darkness that I got sick. I had to leave, and then distance myself from all the cult friends I had made. I moved across the country and lived alone for years, only going out once a week for groceries because I couldn't deal with people and their angry, negative energy.

Sometime life requires us to hit the reset button, Honza. And it's tough. And we do what we need to do. And we get through it. That's why your comment made me smile. I'm happy I got through it. I'm happy now it happened. Because now my life is full of joy and wonder and appreciation.
Old 31-01-2017, 09:13 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrich
Please define... x10

Once I see your definition of these terms and phrases, it may be possible to have a meaningful discussion.
Wow. If someone has to explain every single word they type, then good luck finding people willing to have a discussion with you. Imagining how that conversion would go:

- Hi jim.
- Define "Hi." Define "jim."
Old 31-01-2017, 09:20 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Wow. If someone has to explain every single word they type, then good luck finding people willing to have a discussion with you. Imagining how that conversion would go:

"Hi jim"
"'Define 'Hi.' Define 'jim.'"
Yep. Impossible to have a conversation with this guy unless you omit every personal pronoun:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...91&postcount=5
Old 31-01-2017, 03:54 PM
Master

God is at once the old-man of consternation and the Avatar of hopeless oblivion.
Throw your hands up in despair! Alas!!
Old 31-01-2017, 04:58 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile

- Hi jim.
- Define "Hi." Define "jim."

I see Jim made a point.
You don't have to connect to meaning of words everytime you express yourself, do it once and stay that way.
Old 31-01-2017, 05:10 PM
Experiencer
I find out, that there are no gods i could really called out to. Througt time there was many many gods, that served their purposes, but now, the one, who would be it for me, who is he?