Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 29-04-2011, 10:28 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by xxheatherxx
I had abilities through my childhood and until I was about 22...then I had a very bad patch and closed myself off to it all. But I fely an un-stoppable urge to have a baby at 25, and I take that urge to be that connection I was denying being forceful. But when I was pregnant I began getting my visions and spirit connection back. I feel that is in part due to the healthier lifestyle I took on due to being pregnant. Perhaps the most interesting thing regarding the spirit inside of me....is that at an aromatherapy class, we did a guided meditation to lead us to a vision of a flower. I very clearly had 2 flowers...one inside the other. It seems quite a natural thing that a woman will connect spiritually to the spirit inside her.

The lack of interest in birth in spiritual circles is something that has puzzled me before. My suspicion is that for the past 2/3ooo years we've lived in a male dominated society. To acknowledge the deep spiritual revelation of pregnancy and birth would give women a spiritual connection that men couldnt claim supreme knowledge of.

Some very interesting points which raise interesting questions. Because I'm male I can't directly relate to the special relationship that mothers and children undoubtedly often have.

But I'm not persuaded that the maternal bond or relationship is necessarily one of deep spiritual significance although that relationship may certainly have a special spiritual component.

It's not something I've heard elsewhere so one can only wonder about how commonplace this feeling is.

I shall follow any responses with interest - a good posting heather....
Old 29-04-2011, 10:50 AM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Earth
Mac- Thank you, interesting hypothesis. I have heard that the soul chooses at which point to enter dependant on individual need- your theory may suggest why this is.

I'd looked for guidance on this matter for several years.

I am simply passing on what was eventually given me to pass on....
Old 29-04-2011, 03:01 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
Some very interesting points which raise interesting questions. Because I'm male I can't directly relate to the special relationship that mothers and children undoubtedly often have.

But I'm not persuaded that the maternal bond or relationship is necessarily one of deep spiritual significance although that relationship may certainly have a special spiritual component.

It's not something I've heard elsewhere so one can only wonder about how commonplace this feeling is.

I shall follow any responses with interest - a good posting heather....

This is perhaps the point Mac...you can't be persuaded...but you could trust when a woman says that there is a deep spiritual connection that happens (if she is open to feeling it) during pregnacy.

If logic is your thing....take everything you may have felt and experienced around those who are soon to die and the recently passed over....if there is a connection felt at death....why would you assume that pregnancy and birth would be any different. Is there any difference between death and birth really?
Old 29-04-2011, 03:59 PM
mac

heather

This is perhaps the point Mac...you can't be persuaded...Oh but I can when the evidence is there....but you could trust when a woman says that there is a deep spiritual connection that happens (if she is open to feeling it) during pregnacy. I accept what you've told me about the spiritual connection in your own situation, the way you've described it - I was not naysaying that. I totally trust that whatever a woman feels is what she feels.

But I am able to hold a view on the general position and even if one woman (or more) has conviction about her own position, it may not be generally applicable to all, most or even some other women....

If logic is your thing....take everything you may have felt and experienced around those who are soon to die and the recently passed over....if there is a connection felt at death....why would you assume that pregnancy and birth would be any different. Is there any difference between death and birth really? On the final point absolutely not. It's been explained that the joy of birth when a new individual enters the world is matched by the sadness felt in the etheric at the departure of the loved as they leave to begin a new incarnation....Your first example, though, is not one which works for me. I make no assumptions but in the situation of physical death a relationship has existed in-the-body between one and the other. That is not equivalent to the situation of a mother with a new and developing baby.

On the point you made originally I agree there is a very different relationship a woman has with her baby, inasmuch as the woman actually has not only a baby inside but also (transiently) the animating spirit of that developing baby.

I am still not persuaded, however, that you have shown that there is necessarily a significant spiritual link between the animating spirit of the baby and its mother, other than in your own situation which I totally accept.

I remain open to persuasion.

good discussion
Old 29-04-2011, 08:13 PM
Ivy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac
heather

This is perhaps the point Mac...you can't be persuaded...Oh but I can when the evidence is there....but you could trust when a woman says that there is a deep spiritual connection that happens (if she is open to feeling it) during pregnacy. I accept what you've told me about the spiritual connection in your own situation, the way you've described it - I was not naysaying that. I totally trust that whatever a woman feels is what she feels.

But I am able to hold a view on the general position and even if one woman (or more) has conviction about her own position, it may not be generally applicable to all, most or even some other women....

Thats akin to saying if everybody isn't a medium....then I don't believe that mediumship exists.

If logic is your thing....take everything you may have felt and experienced around those who are soon to die and the recently passed over....if there is a connection felt at death....why would you assume that pregnancy and birth would be any different. Is there any difference between death and birth really? On the final point absolutely not. It's been explained that the joy of birth when a new individual enters the world is matched by the sadness felt in the etheric at the departure of the loved as they leave to begin a new incarnation....Your first example, though, is not one which works for me. I make no assumptions but in the situation of physical death a relationship has existed in-the-body between one and the other. That is not equivalent to the situation of a mother with a new and developing baby.

Think of a photagraph in its development.....it begins with shadow where light will develop and light where shade will be. But it is the same photograph. In my experience... a freiend passing over in spirit showed me her joy in that step. The sadness is in the people left behind. Similarly...the love felt by women after giving birth is a human reaction. Thats not the spiritual connection. Your understanding here is of the person already here...not of the spirit who is making that transition through death or birth.

On the point you made originally I agree there is a very different relationship a woman has with her baby, inasmuch as the woman actually has not only a baby inside but also (transiently) the animating spirit of that developing baby.

I am still not persuaded, however, that you have shown that there is necessarily a significant spiritual link between the animating spirit of the baby and its mother, other than in your own situation which I totally accept.

I remain open to persuasion.

good discussion

I dont want to persuade you. Pregnancy and birth is, for many women, a very vulnerable time in which they have to go through a transition. It changes their lives forever and they lose many of the physical entrapments of who they thought they were....and have to learn how to play another role. Its not up to a woman to prove to you....she is there for her baby. If you are not open to feel a spirit enter this world....then you will miss out on that, and Im not here to convince you otherwise. Thats how personally beautiful and not of the ego inner motherhood is.
Old 29-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Neville

I noticed , that when my Wife was Pregnant there was an increase on what might described as paranormal phenomena.

It's almost as If our Family in Spirit come closer because they are about to release(if that is the correct terminology) a Spirit from our connections back to the physical.

I cannot speak for increased mediumistic skills because to me spirit seems more active around pregnancy. I assume that there is something very sacred about pregnancy. I am not alone as for generations, fertility and fruition have been venerated.
Old 29-04-2011, 09:12 PM
mac

"But I am able to hold a view on the general position and even if one woman (or more) has conviction about her own position, it may not be generally applicable to all, most or even some other women....

Thats akin to saying if everybody isn't a medium....then I don't believe that mediumship exists." Forgive me but no it's not. I don't doubt what you've told us but my point was that that it doesn't automatically follow that it applies equally to all mothers....

"Y
our understanding here is of the person already here...not of the spirit who is making that transition through death or birth." Absolutely and I made that point in connection with what you had written earlier. But the two spirit forms are in very different states. One is leaving after a physical life with connections made in-the-body. The one entering is about to begin a new chapter, with new connections to be made in their new life. Each will be missed but in very different ways, but for similar reasons.

"
I dont want to persuade you. I didn't want you to persuade me - "not persuaded" was a figure of speech, not my desire.

Pregnancy and birth is, for many women, a very vulnerable time in which they have to go through a transition. I totally agree....

It changes their lives forever and they may lose many of the physical entrapments of who they thought they were....

and have to learn how to play another role. Its not up to a woman to prove to you....I said nothing to suggest I expected any woman to prove anything for me....

she is there for her baby. If you are not open to feel a spirit enter this world....As a male of course I can't feel what a mother can....

then you will miss out on that, of course - it can be no other way....

and Im not here to convince you otherwise. Did I ask you to convince me?

Thats how personally beautiful and not of the ego inner motherhood is. Females are indeed blessed to have such a privilege.
Old 30-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Light Earth

Wow. Interesting discussion, thank you all! Am so pleased that finally there are some experiences on this subject.

Mac- yes I understand that this information has been given to you. It seems to be in line with the experiences recorded by Michael Newton in Journey of Souls, who suggests that not only can the soul enter at any time, but also leaves the body freuqently before physical birth, to 'play' nearby... I wonder if a sensitive mother could pinpoint this happening, now that would be interesting ;)

Thanks again,

LE x