Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-06-2011, 01:43 AM
Quote:
He's the one who died for you.
This is what I truly believe - but I don't 'know'.
Belief and knowing are different, naturally.

Jesus lived for me, showed the secrets of this life to me and he resurrected for me - he didn't die for me - he
was murdered by the political atmosphere at the time.

My Father did not send him here to suffer and die - blood sacrifice was, again, a primitive paradigm made up
by early man - same ones throwing the virgins in the volcano.
Anyone that knows the Father instead of reading about Him knows this.
God wanted Jesus to die as much as he wanted goats sacrificed.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-06-2011, 01:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa
Who exactly brainwashed me? I don't belong to any church, group.........nothing. I belong to Jesus and He teaches me through the Holy Spirit.

Yes, I am a sinner. You are too, you just refuse to admit it. But, come judgment day you will not be able to refuse it, everything will be exposed before His Holy Throne.

I invite you to learn about Jesus, pray to Him and allow Him to come into your life so that your sins can be washed away and you can be clean before Him.

You talk like a christian...these are their words. In christian eyes everyone is a sinner and that doesn't sit right with me, that folks have to go through life forever carrying the burden that they are victims of sin and will never be redeemed. Spending their whole lives asking for foregiveness when they don't really know what they've sinned for. Its like the sins of the father visited upon the son. One can never psychologically climb out of that notion.

If one doesn't speak your language then one is immediately tagged as not knowing God. That's judgement without ever knowing the person.

You claim you have no church. That's not for me to dispute. I take you on your word.

Cheers
Old 01-06-2011, 02:25 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa
No, God is perfect. In the beginning, we were created perfect, in His image. Adam and Eve were created perfect.

When they chose to turn against God and sin by not following His instructions, they fell and fell hard. We are the offspring of Adam.

Oh, so God created a perfect being who fell, still says God created a mistake. And so this God you believe in punishes all of His creation because he made an imperfect being that did something He told them not to do. Sorry that makes no sense what so ever. That would be like my mother punishing me for something my brother did... My God is not like that.

It saddens me that you think so little of yourself that you would want a God like this...

nightowl
Old 01-06-2011, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
My God is not like that.
Hallelujah.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-06-2011, 04:49 AM
Master
Everyone is ramming eachother's Gods down eachother's throats.

Everyone 'knows' what's true. (Except how dogmatic they are.)

I don't believe in God, I'm therefore evil, so watch it, I'm comin' after all you Godly ones.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:42 AM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

Do you think so? Could it be that the people in this thread only present their image of God without wanting to ram it down other people's throats? It is what I do: present my viewpoints leaving it to the reader what they do with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

The truth is always personal. In my opinion there is only one person in this thread who knows. And my opinion is of course personal because what she says about Father/Mother/Son tallies with the image that I hold. With me it is not knowing but intuition/rationality.

The image of Father/Mother/Son of the other person who says she knows does not tally with the image that I hold. In addition she seems to think that Father/Mother/Son needs defending by accusing Satan (who may or may not be a real entity)* of all the ills of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I don't believe in God, I'm therefore evil, so watch it, I'm comin' after all you Godly ones.

You're boasting. That equation does not work: I do not believe in God, therefore I am evil.

* There is a theory that says that thoughts create thought forms. There is also a theory that says that like attracts like. If they are true then it could very well be that the thought forms of all the people who believe there is an entity which they call Satan have created it and are making it more powerful each time they think about it. On the other hand the number of people who believe in such an entity have significantly decreased I think.

Last edited by Bluegreen : 01-06-2011 at 10:18 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 08:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
Do you think so? Could it be that the people in this thread only present their image of God without wanting to ram it down other people's throats? It is what I do: present my viewpoints and leaving it to the reader what they do with them.

The truth is always personal. In my opinion there is only one person in this thread who knows. And my opinion is of course personal because what she says about Father/Mother/Son tallies with the image that I hold. With me it is not knowing but intuition/rationality.

The image of Father/Mother/Son of the other person who says she knows does not tally with the image that I hold. In addition she seems to think that Father/Mother/Son needs defending by accusing Satan of all the ills of the world.

You're boasting. That equation does not work: I do not believe in God, therefore I am evil.

It isn't the image that is refered to as 'truth'... people who give their impressions as 'truth' aren't credible. The Christian view is preached as 'truth' too.

Beliefs are personal, but the truth isn't.

Father son mother seems rather picturesque, like an ideal family, but I have no idea how God springs out of such imagery... so such a thing has never occured to me.

I'm pretty convinced that because I don't believe in god I am considered hell worthy by Christians... at least that's the story they told me in Sunday school, and other god people probably think they 'know' better.

I was just playing up with the 'I'm evil' stuff. I can say I'm not really evil at all, as there is no God deeming it.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:12 AM
Hez0405

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem

Amen (Excuse the pun!)

You hit the nail on the head for me Gem :)

Old 01-06-2011, 09:15 AM
Bluegreen

[quote=Gem]It isn't the image that is refered to as 'truth'... people who give their impressions as 'truth' aren't credible. The Christian view is preached as 'truth' too.
We hold an image in our minds. They are not impressions.
The Christians hold that everything in the Bible is true. It is the basis of their argument that what they are saying is the truth.

Quote:
Beliefs are personal, but the truth isn't.

You are saying that only those things that can be measured are true. We are talking about something that cannot (yet) be measured so that the truth can only be a personal thing.

Quote:
Father son mother seems rather picturesque, like an ideal family, but I have no idea how God springs out of such imagery... so such a thing has never occured to me.

I used Father/Mother/Son and could have used other terms. I could quote from the Upanishads:
What is soundless, touchless, formless, imperishable,
Likewise tasteless, constant, odourless,
Without beginning, without end, higher than the great, stable--
By discerning That, one is liberated from the mouth of death.

or

the Tao Te Ching: The Tao that can be expressed is not the eternal Tao.

Quote:
I'm pretty convinced that because I don't believe in god I am considered hell worthy by Christians... at least that's the story they told me in Sunday school, and other god people probably think they 'know' better.
I think it depends on the kind of Christians. There are so many denominations!

Quote:
I was just playing up with the 'I'm evil' stuff. I can say I'm not really evil at all, as there is no God deeming it.

I was only joking.

Last edited by Bluegreen : 01-06-2011 at 10:31 AM.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:42 AM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
You talk like a christian...these are their words. In christian eyes everyone is a sinner and that doesn't sit right with me, that folks have to go through life forever carrying the burden that they are victims of sin and will never be redeemed. Spending their whole lives asking for foregiveness when they don't really know what they've sinned for. Its like the sins of the father visited upon the son. One can never psychologically climb out of that notion.

If one doesn't speak your language then one is immediately tagged as not knowing God. That's judgement without ever knowing the person.

You claim you have no church. That's not for me to dispute. I take you on your word.

Cheers

But, that's the best part! We don't have to be burdened with our sin and be condemned for it, Jesus already paid the price for our sins. All we have to do is believe and turn to Him! It's so easy!

I don't judge you, or anyone else here. The only person I judge is myself. I'm here out of love and concern for others, not myself.

I want everyone to know how wonderful Jesus is, and how He died and paid the ransom for your soul.