Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 31-05-2011, 07:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa
I would/could if truth and salvation only applied to me. But, it doesn't, it applies to every single person that lives.

Ok............
Old 31-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Master
Quote:
God got the ball rolling to begin with.
One can choose to believe that indeed, but it is not observable.

We may as well choose the stork..
Old 31-05-2011, 08:01 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
One can choose to believe that indeed, but it is not observable.

We may as well choose the stork..

The stork is a lie, but you can chose to believe it if you want. The only problem with that is that you're wrong.
Old 31-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Ascender
Quote:
No such thing as satan? I guess you don't know much about him then. He is as real as the keyboard I'm typing on right now. I was tormented by him as a child, my mother was pushed out of bed one night.

To deny his existence is unbelievable. But, that works out pretty well for him because if you don't believe in him then you aren't on guard against him and his wickedness.

Yes, that's right. No such thing as Satan. I'm sorry you feel you were tormented by him, but if you looked honestly, you'd discover what it was.

If you want to spend you life seeing wickedness everywhere and guarding against evil all the time, that's your choice. I chose otherwise. I like to see the Love that is Christ in every person I meet, be they Christian, Buddhist, Jewish, Muslim, Wiccan, Pagan, or even Atheist. The world can become a beautifuly place, just like God made it, if chose to see it that way.
Old 31-05-2011, 08:04 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
Yes, that's right. No such thing as Satan. I'm sorry you feel you were tormented by him, but if you looked honestly, you'd discover what it was.

If you want to spend you life seeing wickedness everywhere and guarding against evil all the time, that's your choice. I chose otherwise. I like to see the Love that is Christ in every person I meet, be they Christian, Buddhist, Jewish, Muslim, Wiccan, Pagan, or even Atheist. The world can become a beautifuly place, just like God made it, if chose to see it that way.

I see the world as a beautiful place too, and I love people, all people.

But, at the same time, evil is real, satan is real, and he is deceiving a large part of the population.

The first step in overpowering evil is to acknowledge it and see it for what it really is. You can't fight against something that you can't see. A blind man doesn't stand a chance in a boxing ring.
Old 31-05-2011, 08:06 PM
Master
Quote:
The stork is a lie, but you can chose to believe it if you want. The only problem with that is that you're wrong.
Well here's something for you to ponder...

Storks are observable.. so that's 1-0 for the stork.
Old 31-05-2011, 08:07 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Well here's something for you to ponder...

Storks are observable.. so that's 1-0 for the stork.

Ever seen a stork delivering a baby?

I'm going out on a limb here and I"ll say probably not.
Old 31-05-2011, 08:11 PM
Ascender
Quote:
The first step in overpowering evil is to acknowledge it and see it for what it really is. You can't fight against something that you can't see. A blind man doesn't stand a chance in a boxing ring.

Acknowledging it gives it power. I won't. Rather, I'll see love everywhere to strengthen that. You don't have to box if you don't enter the ring.
Old 31-05-2011, 08:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Ever seen a stork delivering a baby?

I'm going out on a limb here and I"ll say probably not.
No, but the point is.. you haven't seen a god deliver a baby either.
At least the stork is a real being, so that means that belief in storks is more reasonable than belief in deities.
Old 31-05-2011, 08:16 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triner
Acknowledging it gives it power. I won't. Rather, I'll see love everywhere to strengthen that. You don't have to box if you don't enter the ring.

No, acknowledging it gives YOU power. You can't fight what you can't see.