Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 31-05-2011, 07:32 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
One other thing -

No where in the bible does it say we go to heaven when we die.... IT states that heaven will be ON EARTH after armaggeddon, and after the second comming of christ. Most instances are jesus saying NO human will ever come into the kingdom of heaven. We arent meant to untill after his comming, when all the dead are raised...

No sinful man entered into heaven until Jesus fufiled His sacrifice on the cross. After Jesus ascended, mankind could also enter after accepting His blood as atonement for their sins.

Anyone who accepts Jesus as the messiah, and repents of their sins, does go to heaven when they die.

2 Corinthians 5:8 says To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord.

Jesus Himself told us in John 14:2 "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you."

and Jesus told the thief on the cross, who recognized Him as his Lord in Luke 23:43 "I Tell You The Truth, Today You Will Be with Me In Paradise.”

Revelation 20:4 says "And I saw thrones, and they that sat on them. And judgment was given to them, and to the souls of the ones having been beheaded because of the witness of Jesus, and because of the Word of God, and who had not worshipped the beast nor its image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand.
Old 31-05-2011, 07:35 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Love god? What is god?
What does it mean to 'love' your neighbour as yourself?

Purpose is a personal thing. To make it objective is to remove people's individuality. Some people want to make music, others search for their 'sense' of spirituality,
and others... just have a love for hamburgers. To tell what my purpose is, is to try and dictate me what to do.

Imperfection is a weird religious term. It implies that we should be unhappy with the way this world is. It is this whole game of perfection and imperfection that has told humans how to behave and what to believe. It is exactly this mentality that causes more suffering. It is pure irony.

It's not "What is God", but rather "Who is God"?

He is the one who created you. He's the one who died for you.

Jesus told us what it means to love your neighbor in the parable of the good Samaritan.

Luke 10:30-37 Jesus answered, "A certain man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho, and he fell among robbers, who both stripped him and beat him, and departed, leaving him half dead. By chance a certain priest was going down that way. When he saw him, he passed by on the other side. In the same way a Levite also, when he came to the place, and saw him, passed by on the other side. But a certain Samaritan, as he traveled, came where he was. When he saw him, he was moved with compassion, came to him, and bound up his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. He set him on his own animal, and brought him to an inn, and took care of him. On the next day, when he departed, he took out two denarii, and gave them to the host, and said to him, ‘Take care of him. Whatever you spend beyond that, I will repay you when I return.’ Now which of these three do you think seemed to be a neighbor to him who fell among the robbers?" He said, "He who showed mercy on him." Then Jesus said to him, "Go and do likewise."
Old 31-05-2011, 07:37 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prokopton
I'm sorry to hear about that -- these things do happen.

May I ask though, for the purposes of your thread: how exactly do you know this was Satan?

I certainly believe in being vigilant against evil spirits, but it's unusual for them to give names.

They all have names, but they won't tell you their names. Satan and his demons are most certainly real.

In the spiritual realm, there are only 2 types, good.....which are God's angels in heaven.........and evil which is satan and his demons.

There are no others.
Old 31-05-2011, 07:39 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
In the energy of a recent thread by a member called Sound, entitled 'expressions of I", how do you feel about saying what you said without any reference to the word"we"? How would it feel to live your entire life with your faith directed toward just you and not the rest of the world?
I'm just curious........

It would read like this:
That is why I am here. But I am imperfect, I am sinful and I fail to do these things perfectly. I believe that my faith in Jesus washes away my sins so that I can have eternal life in heaven.
I do not know about the rest of the world, I can only speak for me.

I apologize, but I really don't understand your question. Could you phrase it differently?
Old 31-05-2011, 07:42 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightSpirit
You've been brain-washed by the best of them. It happens. What is believed becomes reality. I renounced the belief in satan...you believe he rules our world. You choose to be a sinner...I dont!

Don't judge me and I won't judge you. I can see you love your god..bless.

Who exactly brainwashed me? I don't belong to any church, group.........nothing. I belong to Jesus and He teaches me through the Holy Spirit.

Yes, I am a sinner. You are too, you just refuse to admit it. But, come judgment day you will not be able to refuse it, everything will be exposed before His Holy Throne.

I invite you to learn about Jesus, pray to Him and allow Him to come into your life so that your sins can be washed away and you can be clean before Him.
Old 31-05-2011, 07:43 PM
LisaLisa

Please forgive me if I missed anyone. There is many of you, and only one of me.

If you are interested in Jesus, please continue on with the questions. I'm happy to answer to the best of my ability.
Old 31-05-2011, 07:45 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa
I apologize, but I really don't understand your question. Could you phrase it differently?

I guess I am asking you if you could change your original post or your message to read like this: (not physically change, just for the sake of conversation)

That is why I am here. But I am imperfect, I am sinful and I fail to do these things perfectly. I believe that my faith in Jesus washes away my sins so that I can have eternal life in heaven.
Old 31-05-2011, 07:50 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I guess I am asking you if you could change your original post or your message to read like this: (not physically change, just for the sake of conversation)

I would/could if truth and salvation only applied to me. But, it doesn't, it applies to every single person that lives.
Old 31-05-2011, 07:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa
It's not "What is God", but rather "Who is God"?
He is the one who created you. He's the one who died for you.
I disagree.. ''creation'' (even though there isn't creation, things just develop) is when a male and female do their magic. This is observable..
Old 31-05-2011, 07:57 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
I disagree.. ''creation'' (even though there isn't creation, things just develop) is when a male and female do their magic. This is observable..

God got the ball rolling to begin with.