Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 02-06-2011, 11:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
Hmmm...it takes one to know one.

In this case not sly but simply curious.
Perhaps LisaLisa simply wanted to exchange experiences with like-minded people but was side-tracked by the likes of you, me and others.

Ouch...........
Old 02-06-2011, 11:48 AM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
Lisa - "No sinful man entered into heaven until Jesus fufiled His sacrifice on the cross. After Jesus ascended, mankind could also enter after accepting His blood as atonement for their sins.

Anyone who accepts Jesus as the messiah, and repents of their sins, does go to heaven when they die."

If you dont mind can I see those passages if you know them? If im wrong, hell, im wrong! LOL

"esus Himself told us in John 14:2 "In my Father's house are many rooms; if it were not so, I would have told you. I am going there to prepare a place for you."

If im not mistakin, this was a conversation between jesus and his deciples. Not talking in general to the whole population

"Revelation 20:4 says "And I saw thrones, and they that sat on them. And judgment was given to them, and to the souls of the ones having been beheaded because of the witness of Jesus, and because of the Word of God, and who had not worshipped the beast nor its image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand."

This is DURING the second comming, not the last 2000 years...

" don't believe in God, I'm therefore evil, so watch it, I'm comin' after all you Godly ones."

LOL, ji laughed like a school girl when I read this

This is the thing... Just because you love jesus and that religion is the one for you, doesnt mean that its the right one for everyone, or even the right one ( if there actualy is such a thing).

If you went to say, iran, and walked down the streets saying some of the things said ( lisa), you probably wouldnt make it out of the country, because they have THEIR own reality, induvidualy and as a society ( yes there are chiistians in there too but they practice it MUCH differently).

Im pretty sure god and or jesus ( if they exsist) would rather you be a happy, respectful, person, helping people, and being truley happy, then being all hardcore about tiny stipulations that differe between tens of thousands of different sects, of one religion let alone the rest ( which all inevitably teach the same thing, its just a different culttures understanding of it, thats IT)

Your post is a little mixed up, with no quotes. But, you asked for Bible verses to show that we do go to heaven when we die.

On the cross, the thief on one side believed in Him. Jesus told him "Today you will be with me in paradise".

In another verse, Jesus said "In my fathers house are many mansions, I go and prepare a place for you".

In Revelation, there are the souls of many people who have been killed for witnessing about the Lord.

There are other verses as well, these are just the first ones that came to my mind when you asked that question.

About 15 years ago, I was one of Jehovah's Witnesses, we didn't believe that you go to heaven when you die. After I left the JW's, I studied this in the Bible and I found that they are in error. We absolutely do go to heaven or hell when we die. I didn't believe it either until I really studied it for myself, by myself without anyone else trying to sway me one way or another. I just wanted to find the truth, and I did.

When you die, you are judged. You will either go to heaven, or hell. We do not all go to heaven, only the ones that the Lord recognizes as His people who have obeyed His commandments.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:55 AM
Master
Interesting.

I'm not a Christian, but I am here. I have no reason I know of to be here, and have no basis to assume there is one.

I think it isn't prudent to believe in the stories people tell us, like JW's or whoever it might be, and become mimics.

I feel it is best to feel the presence which is 'your being'... Just as JC would say, "I am the .... etc etc etc
Old 02-06-2011, 12:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa
When you die, you are judged. You will either go to heaven, or hell. We do not all go to heaven, only the ones that the Lord recognizes as His people who have obeyed His commandments.

Hi Lisa nice to see ya .

Who Judges .

Take the 10th commandment for Instance .

10 But the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns.

Do you believe that I would go to hell If I worked on the sabbath day? or would you say that cos I am a healer God would be lenient with me .

x daz x
Old 02-06-2011, 12:02 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Okay, I believe you. Then may I ask why you are doing it in the Christianity forum where one would expect many Christians to post and not one of them who has not heard of Jesus and his message?

As for the Jehovah Witnesses: I never turn them away but once they talk to me I do not see them back for years. I am a lost soul I guess.

I'm sticking to this section of the forum out of respect for the forum and it's other members.

I came back here because God told me to, to be perfectly honest with you guys, I didn't want to. Not because I don't love you guys, it's because I knew what I"d be up against, and I knew that I'd be pretty much by myself here.

You would think that this section would have many Christians posting on it, yes, but unfortunately there are none. There was one other that I saw the first day I came here, but I haven't seen him/her posting since then.

I"m here to do a job for the Lord, to tell everyone reading here that Jesus is Lord and He is coming soon to judge the earth and destroy the wicked.

This isn't a message that most people want to hear, it's not fun, it's not lovely and it doesn't go over well with people who aren't Christians. That's why I didn't want to come.

But, it's important because your life is literally at stake, and He wants all to hear and He wishes that none be destroyed, so He keeps on sending messengers to tell people and warn them so that they might be saved before the end.

A while ago, I asked the Lord to show me the world through His eyes. It was interesting, I saw both incredible joy and incredible sadness.

The incredible joy was felt by watching His creation doing what they were created to do. They were living clean lives, loving their families, animals, and worshiping and loving their creator.

The incredible sadness was felt by watching His creation doing what they were not created to do. They were destroying themselves and others, hating their own lives, hating their families, animals and ignoring their creator.

The corruption, domination and destruction that is taking over the world, is coming to an end. It's gone to far, and man can't and won't stop it. Jesus is coming to cleanse the earth, and He's coming soon.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:06 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi Lisa nice to see ya .

Who Judges .

Take the 10th commandment for Instance .

10 But the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord your God; you shall not do any work—you, your son or your daughter, your male or female slave, your livestock, or the alien resident in your towns.

Do you believe that I would go to hell If I worked on the sabbath day? or would you say that cos I am a healer God would be lenient with me .

x daz x

Jesus judges. When He ascended to heaven, the kingdom was handed over to Him by the Father.

I do observe the Sabbath, out of respect and honor to my Lord.

However most christians do not because they don't believe we have to. I believe differently. But, I believe that they are covered under GRACE because of their ignorance, not understanding the Sabbath.

That is just my personal opinion.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:08 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Hmmm...it takes one to know one.

In this case not sly but simply curious.
Perhaps LisaLisa simply wanted to exchange experiences with like-minded people but was side-tracked by the likes of you, me and others.

No, if I wanted to speak to other Christians, I would go to an all christian forum, there are tons of them.

I came to speak to you guys, all of you.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:10 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentledove
Hi Lisa,

In this life we invariably become "impure"...I would say it's tantamount to children playing in the mud. They have a good time, but they get dirty. Impurity can't exist within the Light/God and so you, I and everyone else (I assume) will therefore be purified. It does feel like a "washing", except you're washed with insight and understanding/awareness. I don't think you need faith in Jesus, because it will happen automatically or so it did for me.

K then, take it or leave it, chuck it or believe it...one way or other, doesn't change it.

Yes, I agree with the first part of your post, we do get dirty in the mud.

But, the blood of Jesus is the ONLY thing that washes us clean from our sins.

Everything else is a lie, an imitation, and a cheap one at that because it doesn't even work. You might think it does, but when your body dies and you're in the spirit form, you will see.

Old 02-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Prokopton

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa
You would think that this section would have many Christians posting on it, yes, but unfortunately there are none.

Oh there are some Christians here alright, but the ones who stay know they are on a multi-spirituality board and consequently they know what to expect, and learn how to respect.

There are some excellent Christians around who are learned in the concept of multiple ways and have no problem with them. You could learn something from them.

Quote:
I"m here to do a job for the Lord, to tell everyone reading here that Jesus is Lord and He is coming soon to judge the earth and destroy the wicked.

... something which has been predicted 100s of times over the last 2,000 years but has never happened.

Here's a page with probably at least a couple of hundred of such predictions, starting with Matthew 16:28, moving through the countless Fathers, Saints, Popes, Bishops, sects, freelance propheteers, the monks, the nuns, and plain old ordinary folks who have predicted the second coming since. They were all wrong.

So are you.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Master
Miss Hepburn seems to be fairly Christian.