Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 08-03-2011, 08:37 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanth
The idea is to wake up with your eyes closed, and your body perfectly still.
Then, you can either just lie there hoping to shift back into the non-physical... or initiate a visualization of some kind which should shift you to the non-physical.

I have done this a few times and while I am still a novice this is sound advice!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Guide
It's also referred to as a DEILD (Dream Exit Initiated Lucid Dream).

You can see how all of these ideas and concepts are directly related to each other. :)
Old 12-03-2011, 04:35 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
It's also referred to as a DEILD (Dream Exit Initiated Lucid Dream).

You can see how all of these ideas and concepts are directly related to each other. :)

Sure is nice to put some names to these methods/concepts. Hopefully these don't get lost in the shuffle as we move forward on the time line!
Old 12-03-2011, 05:20 AM
tragblack

I am trying phasing too. No results yet-- I fall asleep too fast. I have done it, without trying to AP or go lucid, in the past.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:20 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by tragblack
I am trying phasing too. No results yet-- I fall asleep too fast. I have done it, without trying to AP or go lucid, in the past.

I have this 'problem' too. The one time I was really successful is when I changed my 'habits' and disciplined myself to 'stay aware' as I was starting to phase. For me, if I am way too sleepy, I get your situation all the time. When I force the issue and change my M.O. it can work. I've also noticed better results after I wake up later on but don't open my eyes or move my body ("mind awake-body asleep"). Then I use the 'Noticing' method and the results are much better. It's a work-in-progress for me and since I've achieve results I will continue the process. It's scientific you know!
Old 13-03-2011, 04:08 AM
Guide
I'm assuming that you're practicing while lying down. Try sitting up... that way, when you begin to fall asleep, your head/body will droop forward waking you up.

Doing this, you can find the point to where you're falling asleep and try to catch it. When I find myself drooping, I know I just need to focus myself a bit more upon remaining consciously aware. :)
Old 19-03-2011, 11:01 AM
ushasunil

i started to read the information on how to have an OBE and have started with the practice. A slight vibration comes throughout my body , then the heaviness. but iam not making any further progress .Ihave a doubt : is it 'cause of my lack of concentration?
Old 19-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ushasunil
i started to read the information on how to have an OBE and have started with the practice. A slight vibration comes throughout my body , then the heaviness. but iam not making any further progress .Ihave a doubt : is it 'cause of my lack of concentration?
Which "practice" have you begun?

If you're doing what's written in my Phasing Primer, you shouldn't be aiming for Vibrations, because the chances that you'll get them is almost zero.

Phasing is akin to falling asleep at night while remaining consciously aware. When you fall asleep at night, you generally don't ever experience vibrations.

I feel that vibrations are an occurrence of what I call the "classic separation OBE".
Old 19-03-2011, 07:03 PM
Summerlander

Something I'd like to point out though...

Sometimes when you return from a lucid dream you may experience vibrations as you regain physical awareness. If you take advantage of this and employ the roll over and out technique, you may enter 1st phase or 2nd phase (deepending on how deep the sleep paralysis state is).

1st phase OOBE = Here-now physical reality projection (seemingly). This is usually experienced from a floating consciousness perspective. One can also manifest a shadowy/transparent body. This type of experience is usually harder to achieve. Belief-centric biased name: Etheric/Ethereal Projection.

2nd phase OOBE = Metaphysical realm projection. Constructs resembling the world we know or ambient setups far removed from it may be perceived. Colours are usually brighter. Usually experienced from a "dream body" perspective which resembles the physical one. Belief-centric biased name: Astral Projection.
Old 19-03-2011, 07:12 PM
tragblack

I am starting to "Notice" a lot better now! Every night, in at least one of my dreams, I am realizing, subtly that I am dreaming. However, I don't really have the control to act on it yet. I can just "Notice" a lot!

Quote:
I'm assuming that you're practicing while lying down. Try sitting up... that way, when you begin to fall asleep, your head/body will droop forward waking you up.

Falling asleep or awake-- if one is conscious and manages to go out of body what's the difference?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerlander
1st phase OOBE = Here-now physical reality projection (seemingly). This is usually experienced from a floating consciousness perspective. One can also manifest a shadowy/transparent body. This type of experience is usually harder to achieve. Belief-centric biased name: Etheric/Ethereal Projection.

I've had this once while waking up from a dream. I couldn't move my body and I seemed slightly above it, but in the same position. Everything seemed a blue color.