Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 30-09-2019, 03:20 AM
Newbie ;)

Spiritual Development

Spiritual development is the development of the personality towards a religious or spiritual desired better personality.
Old 30-09-2019, 05:50 AM
MAYA EL

No that would be development of one's self character. Spiritual Development it's something that does not necessarily have to have any form of manifestation in the physical or at least not in the beginning.

The ancient way of looking at it was you were born as a child if you grew up and then you reach a certain age where you are given the opportunity to birth yourself spiritually because you are unaware and like an infant spiritually and so your Awakening process starts and Through The Growing Pains of spiritual trials you grow your spiritual body as best as possible and usually this will have a manifestations in the personality but the majority of the time it has a negative impact on the personality as far as social constructs go.
Old 30-09-2019, 01:45 PM
Angel1

Yeah, it's a good start, but more of a psychological development.
I don't have a definition of spiritual development, myself.

I do know the more I prepare myself and my body to 'take' all the wonders and energy
and insights that are revealed to maintain these new awarenesses, the better.

Hard to maintain a 'high' if into drugs, tobacco, junk food, alcohol---well,
general unhealthy living. Ha!

That's my take on developing spiritually...prepare the ground!
Not any addition to a definition, tho.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 30-09-2019, 03:14 PM
Master
spiritual development is the gradual raising of conscious awareness from the human level to our original true state
Old 30-09-2019, 08:50 PM
Master

People got too much into "labeling", and this is counterproductive to their evolvement as multi-dimensional beings.

It doesn't matter how others define 'spiritual development'. What matters is your innate need to evolve, and what you're doing about it.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 02-10-2019, 10:03 AM
Master

Spirit is abstract . So u can not see it hear it or touch it or smell or taste it. Spiritual Development (SD) is to know /understand/ imbibe/feel this abstract .

Spirit is the source (meaning self) . Like u can not see your own face without any external aid like mirror/mobile camera , you can not be aware of spirit without good external aids (friends / mentor /good books) or special efforts like meditation. SD is to sharpen all these (external aids / special efforts) .

Spirit is all-pervasive .So SD is to feel it everywhere .

Spirit is everlasting . So SD is feel its permanence .
Old 02-10-2019, 01:37 PM
Lorelyen

To me, spiritual development is finding out what and who you were supposed to be all along and being it.
Old 02-10-2019, 01:57 PM
ImthatIm

Spiritual development.

To develop the spirit within and without and seeing the connection
to all through spirit.

There are many ways to develop the spirit, but spirit seems to be absolute.

A Divine paradox.
Old 03-10-2019, 02:52 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
To me, spiritual development is finding out what and who you were supposed to be all along and being it.
Seems to answer the question. Do we not generally all reach that idea finding a specific. Does it take being in form to reach that. Does the spirit or consciousness "need" development? Does the spirit in the spirit state think and think like we do?
Old 03-10-2019, 02:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImthatIm
Spiritual development.

To develop the spirit within and without and seeing the connection
to all through spirit.
The "connection" then is the experience. Connection is a very strong word to use.