Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 06-11-2011, 05:18 AM
Pathfinder
Lightbulb past life punishment now?

hello there,

i got to thinking something the other day. i have glimpsed this section before, but i am not sure how i feel about people or souls reincarnating, as in im not sure if i do believe in it. I was thinking, say we do have past lives, and in our most recent past life we had done bad things, or committed horrible sins or something but were never caught or god/higher being thought we needed further "punishment" for what we did in a past life, would that carry on into our current lives? I only thought of this because i feel like sometimes i get very bad violent urges that arent normal, maybe from my past life? and i just feel like im always encountering some kind of problem or suffering but i am always trying to do the right thing, i try to be a good person and to help others but i always get hurt for it.... what do you think? Its just a thought/theory.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:28 AM
Master
So call Karma, is only for those who are still believing that they are the mind body organism, when one is Self realized all this nonsense disappears, your true Self is Consciousness, Consciousness doesn't change, it is who you truly are in the back ground of all that there IS, bodies come and go, but non of them were ever you.
Old 06-11-2011, 07:31 AM
glenos

No punishment. No such thing.

G
Old 06-11-2011, 07:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenos
No punishment. No such thing.

G
So simple, I like it.
Old 06-11-2011, 09:09 AM
Ascender
I Life is no punishment – but it can be if you wish it to be
If you wish it to be you can make it hell or haven
That’s a choice and it starts by believing
You must change and when you change the world will change

We are all here to learn.

Yours
A Peaceful Mind
Old 06-11-2011, 09:17 AM
Sungirl

In my experience the stuff we carry forward is lessons to learn. I don't think punishment is carried forward simply for punishments sake because what would we learn from it?

It may be that there is stuff you have brought in that needs healing. I had some very bad relationships because I brought across wounds from past lives where I had been treated very badly. The relationships in this life weren't punishments, they were there to push me to learn stuff and to heal.

I have only visited one life where I did terrible things (I am sure there are more, I just haven't visited them) and the lesson from there was that I did what I did because it was right for me at the time. In this life I can see it was wrong and wouldn't consider doing it now. I felt great remorse in this life tho. But, the result of the healing process wasn't what I would consider an end of punishment handed out by a higher power, it was an end to the guilt that I felt.

Punishment is meted out to teach a lesson. If a child does something naughty you punish it straight away so it learns that "if I do A then B happens".... if you waited a week and then handed out random punishment and didn't tell the child why it was being punished all it would learn would be to not trust it's carer. Why would a higher power do that to us?
Old 06-11-2011, 10:37 AM
deepsea

Interesting subject.

Are we being punished or do we learn from the previous lives by living a life suffering from what we handed out in the past to some other poor creature?
Old 06-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
So call Karma, is only for those who are still believing that they are the mind body organism,
when one is Self realized all this nonsense disappears, your true Self is Consciousness.
Consciousness doesn't change, it is who you truly are in the back ground of all that there IS, bodies
come and go, but none of them were ever you.
Here, let's put it another way:

So called Karma, is only for those who are still believing that they are the mind body organism,
when one is Self realized all this nonsense disappears, your true Self is Consciousness.
Consciousness doesn't change, it is who you truly are in the back ground of all that there IS, bodies
come and go, but none of them were ever you.

Ta daaa!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 13-11-2011, 07:09 PM
Eutrarius

The punishment principle is something I think we need to get beyond. Lately I'm trying not to reference other spiritual systems as I try to focus in on exactly what it is I think is going on, but in some systems the worst thing that can happen to you is that after you die you don't get any help or guidance navigating the other side, and you eventually dissolve as an individual being into the universal consciousness. In other scenarios something actively dissolves you because you just don't play well with others. It's like a building no one takes care of: eventually it falls down, or someone tears it down, but absolutely nothing, nothing at all, happened to the space inside of the building. It's still there!

As far as your moments of feeling interior darkness or violence, and that bad things happen to you, all I can say is welcome to planet Earth! It's a tough neighborhood! You're also human, Homo sapien, the most singularly dangerous organism ever to walk the planet. It's all well and good to concentrate on the well and good, but you can't simply deny the darkness and think it's going to go away.

If it's really bothering you, see a doctor. For years I dealt with some of the most terrible psychic problems, and anxiety and anger and all that stuff. Then finally a doctor said to me, "your blood pressure sucks" (his exact words). Turns out for some reason I produce way too much adrenaline, so I was living my whole life like a squirrel in a cat colony. A very simple drug that's been around for a really long time, isn't toxic or psychoactive, and gee even seems to enhance the IQ, was all I needed. I feel better, I behave better and I have dramatically reduced the risk that a vein will explode in my brain. I'm not going to say what drug it is because I don't want to be seen as promoting anything, but I did see a documentary that said that the majority of psychological problems are actually the result of some underlying physical problem. Maybe your not digesting proteins right, so it spurs your animal predatory instincts with the hope it will make you eat more meat. Who knows!

But no, the idea that the Supreme Being in the universe has decided to punish you for something you did in a past life is the least likely explanation of all.
Old 13-11-2011, 07:36 PM
mattie

More Info. Useful About Getting Hurt Helping Others

Whether one believes in a God that punishes is one thing. Not all do.

Karma isn’t about rewards or punishment, but finding the balance about an issue. Experiencing other sides of the situation.

The ‘bad violent urges’ may be energetic debris that is arising that needs to be discharged.
Discharging Energetic Refuse That Arises As We Expand Our Consciousness- http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...540#post189540

If these urges aren't energetic debris, you can learn to master your thoughts. Often violent impulses come from our not feeling empowered, thus feeling threatened. What is the nature of these 'violent urges?'

Can you provide some more info. about how you try to help others, but ‘always get hurt for it?’