Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 25-04-2015, 08:46 PM
Knower

can you just honor earth rhythimns

Can you just be a partial pagan? Im interested in the earth rhythimns and honoring the earth in general but im not sure about all the spirits . Im very interested in the divine feminine and goddesses but not for worshiping as in making alters etc i just like to think of women being divine and the goddess being in everywoman. I get we'moon datebook which doesnt really come out and say its pagan but it is really. It focuses on earth and moon cycles and seasons and womens creativity to me its a treasure trove of goodies. I find the worshiping aspect doesnt appeal to me i just want to focus on what i said the earth and women and the idea of the goddess being in us all. I love women and would love to create a womans creativity circle from my home but health prevents me at the moment . But to me im a bit scared by the witchcraft stuff. I know it can be just about love and healing but some do use it for ill. But that can be said for all spiritual beliefs cant it.
Can anyone point me towards some books that might be good. For just the earth based stuff but not worshiping nature spirits and things.And the idea of women as goddesses .
Old 26-04-2015, 04:03 AM
Master

First of all being pagan does not make you a Witch, neither does honouring the cycles of the earth, although a lot of Witches do that.

How nice that you wish to honour the earth's rhythms, cycles and seasons. Have you thought of how you're going to do this? In spring you can plant special seeds, maybe, and have them represent your, or your group's, intentions for the season, for example. For all the seasons you can decorate accordingly, of course. If you spend a lot of time outdoors you can really start to feel the energies of the land and feel her changes.

Creating a women's creativity circle would be very nice, too. I hope you get it going some day. I'm not sure of what books to recommend, though.
Old 26-04-2015, 05:52 AM
Olorin

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillyj
Can you just be a partial pagan?
You can be whatever you want to be.
Old 26-04-2015, 07:11 AM
Experiencer
Good morning Lily J.

"can you just honor earth rhythmns"

The easiest way to honour the rhythms of the earth, is to become a gardener. Sowing, tending, harvesting and observing - you'll be bound by the rhythms of the earth then.
Old 26-04-2015, 08:35 AM
Master
Lilly, your answer could come from volunteering in a Environmental Conservation group. All the National Parks [for example] run on volunteers. There will be local groups. Most have a good social side as a bonus and teach new skills - drystone walling for example.