Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 04-04-2012, 08:49 AM
Serenity Bear

I can safely say without a shadow of a doubt, that once your a developed medium you have very little or no chance of stopping it. Its just as natural to us as breathing, and its impossible not too.

Yep we have problems with certain individuals in spirit, just like you would here and sometimes its shut down and tell them to bug off.

This is one reason why the personality type is vital to be a medium. A strong personality is a must because anyone who isnt just wont last the course.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:25 PM
yellowlawn

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
I find it interesting when people say they are overwhelmed by their ability to communicate with spirits and are contacted by spirits all the time. I have never experienced this. When I was first learning to communicate with my guides I only wanted to talk to them and that never changed very much - so they make sure no spirits I don't know ever contact me. Very occasionally they introduce someone to me who has come to help me with something, or ask me if I would like to speak with my spirit friend or family member so-and-so, because so-and-so is asking after me, and I am free to say yes or no or indeed to initiate contact with them myself. But I have never been spoken to by a spirit I didn't know. My guides run a very tight ship and everything goes through them. I would not have it any other way - I wouldn't want random spirits talking to me any more than I would want random physical people coming up and talking to me. I suppose I must have one of those "service closed" signs WhiteWarrior is talking about - or else one saying "Attention non-physical people: I am NOT a medium or messenger service, I just have some non-corporeal friends".

I suppose if you feel called to mediumship (that is, conveying messages between spirit and physical) you need to open up to this communication and figure out how that should be managed. But being able to communicate with spirits does NOT mean you need to be available to any spirit who fancies a chat all the time, any more than being able to talk to physical people means you have to leave your front door open for anyone to walk in and take advantage of your hospitality! I would say that anyone experiencing this does not have the right protection/techniques in place yet and needs to ask spirit for some help in setting up those boundaries ASAP. Connection with spirit should help you and bring you love and reassurance, not stress.

Westleigh, thanks for your input and I now share your approach to spirit contact. My problem hasn't been controlling who comes through or indeed connecting to spirit. My question was more of a choice we should have available that you may give up your abilities, if they don't fit in with your life. My issue is I can be quite anti-social and selfish and that doesn't fit in with the whole ethos of mediumship.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:29 PM
yellowlawn

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Bear
I can safely say without a shadow of a doubt, that once your a developed medium you have very little or no chance of stopping it. Its just as natural to us as breathing, and its impossible not too.

Yep we have problems with certain individuals in spirit, just like you would here and sometimes its shut down and tell them to bug off.

This is one reason why the personality type is vital to be a medium. A strong personality is a must because anyone who isnt just wont last the course.

Well as I'm sure White Warrior will vouch for me, even if I say so myself I'm a pretty well developed medium. But my question is this, why can it not be stopped. Sureley as it is a two way (Not one way) relationship, we should have the right to say 'enough'.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:38 PM
Master

Since you mentioned it, yellowlawn. We did indeed have an event, and guides came through like they had been queuing up for you. I hardly needed to do anything to help you. I'll vouch that your mediumistic abilities are quite well developed - you even channeled.

You also demonstrated that you HAVE control. Nothing came through before you 'flicked the switch'. What more you want, is hard for me to understand. You can earn money on this by finding some publicity-interested spirit to channel; Elvis comes to mind. There's a market for things like that. If I had that ability my interest would be in helping others and to learn things for my own development. But people are different. Keep the switch flicked off and move on with your life if this talent is too much for you to deal with.
Old 05-04-2012, 11:53 AM
yellowlawn

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
Since you mentioned it, yellowlawn. We did indeed have an event, and guides came through like they had been queuing up for you. I hardly needed to do anything to help you. I'll vouch that your mediumistic abilities are quite well developed - you even channeled.

You also demonstrated that you HAVE control. Nothing came through before you 'flicked the switch'. What more you want, is hard for me to understand. You can earn money on this by finding some publicity-interested spirit to channel; Elvis comes to mind. There's a market for things like that. If I had that ability my interest would be in helping others and to learn things for my own development. But people are different. Keep the switch flicked off and move on with your life if this talent is too much for you to deal with.

Well since you came along you have helped this square peg to slot into it's hole. I have rearranged my relationship with my guides for the better. It feels much better for me and I feel my guides prefer it this way as they now have more control.

I'm not interested in stage, tv or whatever work like that, nor does sitting in a booth telling someone there future. I don't want to be thought of as shallow as that.

The talent I can handle, it's my own anti social attitude and degree of selfishness that wants to call time on this. I don't have that overwhelming, deep seated helping caring personality that mediums seem to possess.
Old 05-04-2012, 02:09 PM
Master

What would you say ARE the best sides of your personality?
Old 05-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Experiencer
Yellowlawn, one of the things I wanted to say in my previous post was that being able to communicate with spirits does not make you obligated to be a medium and/or convey spirit messages (or even to display particular personality traits which you may associate with mediumship). Spirit communication is a skill, and being a medium is more of a job role, whether paid or voluntary. These are different things - for example, being good at playing the piano does not mean you have to be a professional pianist or even play in front of others. You can play simply for your own learning and enjoyment. This is for the most part the approach I take to spirit communication and I don't consider it selfish. I certainly do pass on any wisdom I receive from my guides while perusing these forums but I don't feel that being a medium is part of my path in life and my guides agree. They are part of my life because they are helping me with my spiritual and emotional growth.

I'm not sure I understand why you would want to lose this skill. My view is that, so long as there isn't unwanted spirit contact or anything else going on which is making you uncomfortable, there shouldn't be any reason to try to shut off your abilities, because having access to spiritual wisdom is a very positive thing. In my case, I don't know where I'd be without my amazing spirit friends.
Old 05-04-2012, 08:29 PM
yellowlawn

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
What would you say ARE the best sides of your personality?

My Wit and sense of humour. That's all folks!
Old 05-04-2012, 08:33 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowlawn
My Wit and sense of humour. That's all folks!

Have you ever considered finding some spirits to talk with who share that trait?
Old 05-04-2012, 08:34 PM
yellowlawn

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westleigh
Yellowlawn, one of the things I wanted to say in my previous post was that being able to communicate with spirits does not make you obligated to be a medium and/or convey spirit messages (or even to display particular personality traits which you may associate with mediumship). Spirit communication is a skill, and being a medium is more of a job role, whether paid or voluntary. These are different things - for example, being good at playing the piano does not mean you have to be a professional pianist or even play in front of others. You can play simply for your own learning and enjoyment. This is for the most part the approach I take to spirit communication and I don't consider it selfish. I certainly do pass on any wisdom I receive from my guides while perusing these forums but I don't feel that being a medium is part of my path in life and my guides agree. They are part of my life because they are helping me with my spiritual and emotional growth.

I'm not sure I understand why you would want to lose this skill. My view is that, so long as there isn't unwanted spirit contact or anything else going on which is making you uncomfortable, there shouldn't be any reason to try to shut off your abilities, because having access to spiritual wisdom is a very positive thing. In my case, I don't know where I'd be without my amazing spirit friends.

Westleigh, ahh that is music to my ears. The problem I'm having is because I go to public ghost hunts and the like people at some point invariably want readings. Or I make a point of not telling anyone I have this ability, because they automatically think they have a right to a free reading. Or if they know I'm clairvoyant that old Chestnut "Can you see anyone around me now"?

Plus as times are hard my other half wants me to cash in to put it crudely. It's a constant battle.

I must say White Warrior has helped me immensely recently.