Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Old 23-04-2018, 05:25 PM
Knower
It's all about squirrels.

(I'm not a squirrel person, but, for whatever reason, my mind decided to make them the focal point of this dream. Maybe you can help me understand why? Thanks in advance!!!)

I don't remember how it began, but I remember being in a barn-type building. There was hay on the floor.
Next thing I know, I'm trying to carefully pick up these pure, snow white colored baby squirrels. Three of them.
Not albino. Had normal colored squirrel eyes, and their eyes were open. Didn't seem afraid of me at all, but, to me, they seemed like they were akin to rambling kittens let loose in a room. I wanted to pick them up and move them out of the way so they wouldn't be accidentally harmed. However, as I got the three held in my hands, there was a fourth one, younger, eyes still closed. Same as the others, all white in color.
I had to carefully balance the other, somewhat squirmy baby squirrels I was already holding, while trying to pick up this one, too. (They weren't so much squirming to get away, more like 'hey! Why are you holding me? Gimme more room!')
I managed it, holding my hands around them, as I picked them up together at the same time. The three older ones seemed just fine and less squirmy now, but when I looked at the fourth one, I suddenly saw it had a single dot on its head. An injury. And it wasn't near as energetic and squirmy as the other three were. More lethargic and tired.
A split second later, I could see this orange-y - yellow liquid come out from the injury and pool there like a little bubble (but this 'bubble' wasn't empty. it was full of platelets, you know, what you see when a cut is clotting on your skin).
I felt a bit worried seeing this.
Next thing I saw was that there was a bunch of blood on this poor little baby squirrel's head, running down the sides of its face, down my hands. Didn't seem to be touching / bothering the other squirrels I was holding. This little one suddenly seemed to be the main point of this moment in the dream.
After that I saw this crazy alot amount of blood, all from the little injury on the baby squirrel's head. I mean, I'm talking about 'no squirrel has this amount of blood' levels of blood. Almost seemed like it didn't belong to the squirrel at all. (the squirrel looked like it had an injury there. it wasn't all that perky. and yet, didn't at all seem like the blood belonged to it. more like it was someone else's just poured onto the poor little thing.)
By now the blood was all over the little squirrel's head and face, down both my hands, on the floor and splattered on my feet. (I'm not a horror flick loving person AT ALL, so seeing this was disturbing.)
Then, just as soon as I saw that, *POOF*! Next thing I know, I'm standing outside and looking down at this old cement 'pool' that was in front of me and somewhat to the left. The type you see made for really old fashioned but is now completely abandoned sort of property. (google images called it 'natural swimming pool') like someone hadn't been there in a long time and that nature was reclaiming the area.... or that the pool had been build here and long forgotten about.
All around was a bunch of forest. The water looked like it was dirty (not all pretty and blue and clear), yet, despite it's browny hue, it was prestine and clear. There were rocks of lots of varying sizes at the bottom of it. The rocks looking like they'd been there for a long time, left undisturbed.
I looked down, closer to myself and saw that, right in front of me was a hollowed out, broken tree stump. Looking down and inside of it was a lone, brown squirrel cleaning its face. As healthy, peaceful, and content as ever. Not a care in the world. I began to move with the intent to touch / grab / pick it up, but that's when I heard my mom, from my left side, call out something along the lines of 'don't touch it / don't pick it up / it's dangerous / it could attack'. I don't remember the exact wording, but that's the feeling.
That's when the scenery changed. I suddenly found myself back in the barn, in a hallway space this time, kneeling down beside this same squirrel I'd seen in the tree stump. Again, it was totally chilled out, not at all freaked out by my presense and still contentedly cleaning its face and head. I began moving away some of the hay beside it, and started uncovering little keepsakes and items of mine that this squirrel had taken / stolen / temporarily snatched. Weirdly enough, it didn't seem at all like it had geuinely stolen and will never give them back, but the feeling was more like 'I took these because the situation was bad / dangerous / unsafe. (implied "I knew" about this 'unsafe timing / situation') that it wasn't safe (there), so I took these precious items of yours to keep them safe, right here, until you were ready for them'. Like it had been placed in charge of / decided to place itself in charge of taking these and hiding them away until things were later and safe.

Thanks in advance if you can help me figure out what in the world all of this was about.
Old 24-04-2018, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator
I suspect the dream is about getting in touch with your squirrel like tendencies. This could be your industrious busy nature or it could be your tendency towards high energy or anxious energy. You have locked this part of you up because it wasn't safe for you to express this side of you. In fact your life energy was drained because of someone else's influence. You however don't have any judgement towards this side of you so you have been nurturing yourself back to a healthy perspective cleaning up false ideas given to you possibly from your family.

I guess I would ask if there is a tendency towards anxiety but your mother drove home the idea that you were to avoid it because it could hurt you? Often out of good intentions and being taught the same themselves our loved ones can teach us a negative relationship with things like anxiety, anger and fear. We are supposed to be tough, strong and power through life never being affected by weaker feelings but this really does us a disservice because it keeps us from being authentic and really getting to know ourselves. And unfortunately when we attempt to suppress one emotion they all get suppressed. So trying to suppress anxiety may also affect our ability to feel joy and enthusiasm.

It sounds like despite some unhealthy messages given to you by your family you are embracing and healing your squirrel traits and this is a healthy thing to do despite others maybe still trying to deter you. I would say ask yourself what those squirrel traits are. What messages did your mother instill in you. What behaviors did she caution you against. Sounds like you are ready to listen to your better judgement over outside opinion and this will actually help you resolve your issues as opposed to them affecting all areas of your life draining your vitality in the world. Avoidance is often used as a solution to solve difficult problems but it really only hurts us more in the long run. Sounds like you are doing a good job making your way on your own despite dysfunctional messages growing up.
Old 25-04-2018, 03:50 AM
Master
"I'm not a squirrel person" ~ LoneFlower
clearly you are. the dream squirrels appear to be expressing an 'alternate ego'
identity of yours (which you seem comfortable in disavowing [through modesty?]).
meriam-webster defines 'squirrelly' as: unusually active, restless; odd, eccentric;
lacking stability, erratic; morally dubious or questionable. none of these terms
seem to properly describe your 'alternate identity'. [they represent judgments
you've needed to work through, provided by 'societal influence'.]
i've had squirrels living nearby for decades: they are industrious and athletic,
fun-loving and shy. a main idea associated with squirrels is that they 'squirrel-
away' valuables (like food), for use at a later time... as your dream squirrel had
done with your personal treasures. which is expressing the idea that now is the
time
in which you might make use of your 'keepsakes' [skills].
the mom's voice, warning you of danger, appears to be expressing the wisdom of
mother earth (Gaia), 'reminding' you that interfering with the healthy squirrel is
not in your best-interests. your dream-self was/is capable of healing the squirrel,
in it's earlier position, when it was a wounded baby: "This little one suddenly seemed
to be the main point of this moment in the dream." bringing your understanding
back into awareness of when you'd initially entered into manifestation, as that non-albino
baby squirrel, offers you the opportunity for healing the injury. you already know that the
squirrel reaches healthy maturity, so your task is virtually guaranteed of success.

the grouping of baby squirrels may signify a 'soul-family' dynamic to your incarnation.
the white coloration might correlate to a 'purity of intentions' you'd displayed.
the blood is likely to be indicative of "life energy", which is provided to earthly forms
through divine sources (it comes from god, not from the individual, which is why it
had seemed to exist in excess of what ought to be possible).
the injury was on the head, which may have been at the third-eye, or crown chakra
point (i'm unsure). resolving the situation, retro-actively, from your current perspective
appears to be your task... which may amount to you presently understanding the
purpose you've set for yourself in physical reality (which will heal that wound).
Old 25-04-2018, 02:12 PM
Knower
I may like cats, but I am a squirrel person lol I embrace mah squirrel-ness!

Perfection, Michelle11, H:O:R:A:C:E, thank you all for sharing your thoughts about my dream. I appreciate your time with this!

Perfection, that was an interesting view about this dream, and including the pictures. I do tend to sleep with my arms or legs crossed, so that advise will help. Who knew there was so much connected to the Tree of Life!

Michelle11, lol Looks like you and H:O:R:A:C:E were picking up on the same things. Although I have a love for cats, from what you both wrote, it sounds as though I do have a lot of squirrel-like tendencies. (Before I get too far with my reply here, thank you both Michelle11 and H:O:R:A:C:E for sharing what you thought / felt about this dream!)

Quote:
This could be your industrious busy nature or it could be your tendency towards high energy or anxious energy
All of the above. I've always got to be busy with something, energy to burn but not bouncing-off-the-walls level of energy, and when I'm not, I am a bit anxious trying to find something to do. To sit still, relax, and just chill out for a while isn't something I do well.

Quote:
In fact your life energy was drained because of someone else's influence.
Wow~ Right on the nose about that.

Quote:
And unfortunately when we attempt to suppress one emotion they all get suppressed.
So very true and I did end up wasting a lot of years doing just that. I'm still trying to learn / teach myself how to NOT repress. We have oodles of emotions and feelings. Nothing wrong with letting oneself actually feel them.

Quote:
It sounds like despite some unhealthy messages given to you by your family
Too many to count. Like a herd of puppies trying to tell an elephant to be like a puppy to fit in with them.

H:O:R:A:C:E
Quote:
"I'm not a squirrel person" ~ LoneFlower
clearly you are.
lol You wouldn't believe the look I gave this when I first read over it. 'Seriously?? But I'm a cat person. Cats are cute and fluffy and they purr!' But when I kept on reading, WOW you were right on the nose with the traits. Does sound an awful lot like me.

Quote:
[they represent judgments you've needed to work through, provided by 'societal influence'.]

I tell you what, you're right on the nose.

Quote:
which is expressing the idea that now is the time in which you might make use of your 'keepsakes' [skills].
That's something I've been waiting on for some years now. Skills, abilities, talents, experiences, but no reason as to 'why'. Where can I use them at? How could they be useful? Why am I learning this if there isn't a reason / use for it? There is. Just takes a while to go from 'you're learning about this' to 'this is why you were learning them. Now is the time to use them.'

Quote:
you already know that the squirrel reaches healthy maturity, so your task is virtually guaranteed of success.
That's very reassuring.

Quote:
the white coloration might correlate to a 'purity of intentions' you'd displayed.
Not getting too much into details here (lol this is going to be a long post the way it is!), but lol that is very, very true.

I wasn't too sure, either, just where the head injury was at. It looked like on the forehead (to the left and above the squirrel's eye), but it wasn't exactally where the 3rd eye chakra is seen at, nor smack dab on top where the crown chakra is located.

Quote:
resolving the situation, retro-actively, from your current perspective appears to be your task... which may amount to you presently understanding the purpose you've set for yourself in physical reality (which will heal that wound).
Ah, I see. I've been wondering about that for years, but maybe now's the time I'll finally come to an understanding about it. I hope!

I tell you what, this explains an awful lot, and I'm seriously glad I asked about this dream.

Thank you so much for your time and helping me understand this dream. It's appreciated a great deal! <3