Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2016, 07:36 AM
Suspended
Master

Zen Themes in Pop Music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lyZ...lyZQB1H_Zw#t=0

Where am I today? I wish that I knew
'Cause looking around there's no sign of you ("you" metaphor for true self)
I don't remember one jump or one leap
Just quiet steps away from your lead (had it, then somehow lost it)

I'm holding my heart out but clutching it too (conditional love of ego)
Feeling this short of a love that we once knew (remembering divine love)
I'm calling this home when it's not even close (feeling separated from true home - home metaphor for contentment grace)
Playing the role with nerves left exposed (questioning who i am -getting hurt by others)

Standing on a darkened stage, stumbling through the lines (questioning who I am)
Others have excuses, but I have my reasons why (identifying with thought as self

We get distracted by dreams of our own
But nobody's happy while feeling alone
And knowing how hard it hurts when we fall (ego leads to conflict and suffering)
We lean another ladder against the wrong wall (trying to escape ego and thought in the wrong ways)

And climb high to the highest rung, to shake fists at the sky (false paths)
While others have excuses, I have my reasons why transcends thought, sees it from above)

[Bridge:]
With so much deception it's hard not to wander away (understands self, wakes up)
It's hard not to wander away
It's hard not to wander away
(wander away, no self there anymore, no more identification with thought.)