Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 08-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
So the single most vital step on your journey toward enlightenment is this: learn to disidentify from your mind. Every time you create a gap in the stream of mind, the light of your consciousness grows stronger. One day you may catch yourself smiling at the voice in your head, as you would smile at the antics of a child. This means that you no longer take the content of your mind all that seriously, as your sense of self does not depend on it.

~ Eckhart Tolle

Thanks for this, hybrid. (it took a lot of courage. hee)

Old 08-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Lisa

Quote:
ichc- I could say that everything can experience my thoughts.

What do you mean?

Quote:

My hands move according to some thoughts, my legs the same.

Does your breathing take thought? Does your heart beating take thought?
Do you have to think about these things to make them happen?

What are you calling "thought"?

Quote:

Even a tree can experience some of my thoughts if I go and hug it, or even if I look at it!

How does a tree experience some of your thoughts?

Quote:

Not to mention you guys reading!

And my thoughts come from the 'whole thing.'

What whole thing?
Old 08-02-2011, 04:01 PM
Lisa

Gem- To experience awareness makes it apparent that individuals share the same awareness and perception of the primary object (thought) is the same perception of the same object by the same awareness, but awareness springs up with the thought (object).[/quote]

I'm sorry sir, you are mistaken.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Tzu- What do i see, i see Life.

Nice!
Old 08-02-2011, 08:42 PM
ichc

Hi Lisa, what I wrote is just another way to fantasize about the world.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
How does a tree experience some of your thoughts?

What whole thing?

If I talk to you, you experience some of my thoughts. The same way, if I hug a tree, it experiences some of my thoughts.
When I look at a tree, I could equally say that the tree is using me to look at itself!

'Whole thing' = universe/life
Old 08-02-2011, 08:53 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
So the single most vital step on your journey toward enlightenment is this: learn to disidentify from your mind. Every time you create a gap in the stream of mind, the light of your consciousness grows stronger. One day you may catch yourself smiling at the voice in your head, as you would smile at the antics of a child. This means that you no longer take the content of your mind all that seriously, as your sense of self does not depend on it.

~ Eckhart Tolle
So, the single most vital step in understanding your (the local physical manifestation) relationship with 'You' (the collective Whole of all local manifestations), is to understand that there is no difference between you and You and mind and Whole, they are all functions of how 'you' choose to apply awareness.. moreso, to apply that awareness to the very next breath you take, to the air flowing into and out of the vehicle that allows 'you' to experience this most amazing Universe as the Physical Reality.. don't squander the precious moments of this physical existence debating conceptual beliefs and imaginings.. the whole Universe hangs on your next breath, be fully present for it, Body, Mind, and Spirit..

Be well..
Old 08-02-2011, 11:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa
Gem- To experience awareness makes it apparent that individuals share the same awareness and perception of the primary object (thought) is the same perception of the same object by the same awareness, but awareness springs up with the thought (object).

I'm sorry sir, you are mistaken.[/quote]

Why is there thought?
Old 09-02-2011, 04:40 PM
Lisa

Quote:

Gem- Why is there thought?

My Life Is Not Mine.

If someone were to play music,
it would have to be very sweet.
We're drinking wine, but not through lips.
We're sleeping it off, but not in bed.
Rub the cup across your forehead.
This day is outside living and dying.

Give up wanting what other people have.
That way you're safe.
"Where, where can I be safe?" you ask.

This is not a day for asking questions,
not a day on any calendar.
This day is conscious of itself.
This day is a lover, bread, and gentleness,
more manifest than saying can say.

Thoughts take form with words,
but this day is beyond and before
thinking and imagining.
Those two, they are so thirsty,
but this gives smoothness to water.
Their mouths are dry, and they are tired.

The rest of this poem is too blurry
for them to read.

Rumi
Old 09-02-2011, 04:49 PM
Master
i can't help but THINK that the mind gets a bad rap in the spiritual community just because it's a difficult phenom to deal with. many folks rather just deny it and chant it away. i fail to grasp how i could experience anything, feel and recognize anything, without my mind there to perceive those experiences and feelings.

not only that ... how would i communicate with other aspects of Self without the medium of the mind?
Old 09-02-2011, 05:08 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Internal Queries
i can't help but THINK that the mind gets a bad rap in the spiritual community just because it's a difficult phenom to deal with. many folks rather just deny it and chant it away. i fail to grasp how i could experience anything, feel and recognize anything, without my mind there to perceive those experiences and feelings.

not only that ... how would i communicate with other aspects of Self without the medium of the mind?

The mind is a brilliant tool. But identification with thought, emotion, to the mind- is unconsciousness- which creates and has created great suffering to all living things. This identification has created a false self- a separate self- an ego.

Being free of this conditioned mind, of identification with it, "thinking we are our thoughts and little selves" is liberation. And is the realization of who we are- the one formless, divine consciousness.