Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 06-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Master
and has no redeeming value, imo.
so you can say plainly, the sky is blue and everybody agrees yes.
but so what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Maybe he says it plainly and without convolution.

how convulated it is to say " no self"?
it's just two common English words.
the convolution is in the mind of someone who refuses to accept it.
and for obvious reasons

Old 06-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Master
If we are going to talk without any convolution and in 'common sense' terms, the forum might as well shut down now. There would be nothing to say. I doubt there is any spiritual topic that is so called 'common sense' or without any convolution.

If my neighbour says to me that they know how to drive, I might say, 'cool, how long have you been driving?'. If someone on the forum says to me that they know how to drive, I might say 'who is the one that knows?'. This is a spiritual forum and the conversation reflects that. I dont know about you guys, but I relate in different ways to different people in different situations. 'Joy' doesnt have me bending the ear of the check out girl about the nature of consciousness. At the grocery store my neck is winded in hehe.

Funny thing is though, that what was common sense to me once now seems crazy, and what is common sense to me now probably seems crazy to most people. The idea that experiencing arises primarily from the body now seems pretty crazy to me, yet that is an assumption I lived with for many years. The idea that there is 'someone' perceiving seems pretty crazy to me now, yet that is also an assumption I lived with.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:58 AM
TzuJanLi

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
If we are going to talk without any convolution and in 'common sense' terms, the forum might as well shut down now. There would be nothing to say. I doubt there is any spiritual topic that is so called 'common sense' or without any convolution.

If my neighbour says to me that they know how to drive, I might say, 'cool, how long have you been driving?'. If someone on the forum says to me that they know how to drive, I might say 'who is the one that knows?'. This is a spiritual forum and the conversation reflects that. I dont know about you guys, but I relate in different ways to different people in different situations. 'Joy' doesnt have me bending the ear of the check out girl about the nature of consciousness. At the grocery store my neck is winded in hehe.

Funny thing is though, that what was common sense to me once now seems crazy, and what is common sense to me now probably seems crazy to most people. The idea that experiencing arises primarily from the body now seems pretty crazy to me, yet that is an assumption I lived with for many years. The idea that there is 'someone' perceiving seems pretty crazy to me now, yet that is also an assumption I lived with.
Hi Andrew: Begin with One and Many, the relationship between them.. can you imagine the numbers of people that don't 'get' this simple unconvoluted spiritual concept? for some reason, there is the belief that 'spiritual' has to be mystical and secretive and divisive us/them stuff.. it really is the "chop wood and carry water" stuff, but.. that lets everybody in on the game, and then the 'specialness' that spiritual folks are attached to is gone.. this is the deal, you 'need' it to be special, and convoluted and full of 'crazy', 'cause that's what you identify with..

Be well..
Old 07-02-2011, 01:02 AM
TzuJanLi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
but so what?

and for obvious reasons
The reason is quite simple, it is not so.. it's not that i refuse to accept your ideas, you simply post ideas that exist only in the mind's imagination, look around you.. what you say, "no self", is not so.. now, try to understand what 'is' so..

Be well..
Old 07-02-2011, 01:48 AM
Master
Quote:
but so what?

and for obvious reasons

'No self'? That is plain and simple to understand... a very clear statement.
Old 07-02-2011, 06:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
The reason is quite simple, it is not so.. it's not that i refuse to accept your ideas, you simply post ideas that exist only in the mind's imagination, look around you.. what you say, "no self", is not so.. now, try to understand what 'is' so..

Be well..

exactly what i'm challenging.
the ordinary perception.
i'm not here to conform to your antiquated mindset

Old 07-02-2011, 08:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ichc
You'll have to discuss that with daz. He said everything has a soul.

James Brown's Got soul

"War - What Is It Good For - Absolutely nothing - he hehehe

I betcha someone tapping there feet right now

x daz x
Old 07-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Hi Andrew: Begin with One and Many, the relationship between them.. can you imagine the numbers of people that don't 'get' this simple unconvoluted spiritual concept? for some reason, there is the belief that 'spiritual' has to be mystical and secretive and divisive us/them stuff.. it really is the "chop wood and carry water" stuff, but.. that lets everybody in on the game, and then the 'specialness' that spiritual folks are attached to is gone.. this is the deal, you 'need' it to be special, and convoluted and full of 'crazy', 'cause that's what you identify with..

Be well..

Well, it seems you would like to think that I think it needs to be special and that I dont want to let everybody in on the game, when thats not the case. Im my highest dreams, everyone in the planet is on joy.

The idea of one and many is less simple than you thiink. Explain to me in what way we are one and many. Explain to me the relationship BETWEEN the one and the many.
Old 07-02-2011, 10:55 AM
TzuJanLi

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
Well, it seems you would like to think that I think it needs to be special and that I dont want to let everybody in on the game, when thats not the case. Im my highest dreams, everyone in the planet is on joy.

The idea of one and many is less simple than you thiink. Explain to me in what way we are one and many. Explain to me the relationship BETWEEN the one and the many.
You already know "in what way we are one and many", you post about it yourself, so.. why do you ask, an agenda? The many is plainly observable and experiencable, differentiated by unique thought, form and deed.. the One is plainly observable and experiencable, the many, we/us/Life, function in an interactive, inter-related, and interconnected Oneness.. we are a sea of Energy, manifesting itself in unique individually functioning vibrational signatures.. like snowflakes, unique patterns of exactly the same stuff, Energy, Spirit, 'God'..

The relationship between One and many is that they define each other through the mutual experience of we/us/Life.. they are the stage upon which the light of awareness illuminates the experience of 'Now'.. No One/no many ~ no many/no One.. the distinction is that without the many to experience the One as One, it is not 'One'.. it is a formless experienceless emptiness of chaos..

Be well..
Old 07-02-2011, 10:57 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
exactly what i'm challenging.
the ordinary perception.
i'm not here to conform to your antiquated mindset

Excellent, please don't.. according to you, you're not here anyhow.. isn't that ironic..

Be well..