Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 21-07-2014, 02:25 AM
softtidesandties

How do you first notice spirits?

I have been to a few public medium practices and have been practicing my mediumship as well. I notice that people seem to get information in different ways. Some people receive names or physical feelings first. I see spirits, with my minds eye, walk up to me.
How do spirits come to you?
Old 21-07-2014, 12:23 PM
Master
Hi,

We are all unique. You use your inner vision to sense those energies. I suspect that if we did a telepathy session that you would see my Light Body.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 21-07-2014, 12:37 PM
BeautifulUniverse

They manifest to me as a "tapping" in my right hand. They're energy appears so that I may share their energy with others. Also, I get a "feeling" in my heart chakra. I don't hear them, see them, or smell them (usually), but I do feel them and just have a knowing.
Old 21-07-2014, 09:43 PM
Administrator
We are all different so how we see spirit will differ as well.for myself I only see spirit in one way,and that is solid form, they just come to me and speak.

Namaste
Old 21-07-2014, 09:59 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by softtidesandties
I have been to a few public medium practices and have been practicing my mediumship as well. I notice that people seem to get information in different ways. Some people receive names or physical feelings first. I see spirits, with my minds eye, walk up to me.
How do spirits come to you?

How do you them in your mind's eye? like a human? shadow-like?
Old 22-07-2014, 03:25 AM
Xenophilia

I usually get a feeling, like a tickle at the back of my head, or a pulling at my shoulder. Just a little bit of a, "pay attention" thing. At that point if I choose to, then I'll be able to see a solid form of some sort. If I don't, which happens from time to time, not proud of it, then it'll usually escalate to a noise or two, or dropping something in another room. If I'm really bad about it they usually go for my pots and pans and knock them on the ground.
Old 22-07-2014, 03:27 AM
softtidesandties

how i view them in my "minds eye"

Quote:
How do you them in your mind's eye? like a human? shadow-like?

When I say I view spirits in my 'mind's eye' I mean that I don't physically see them. I have my eyes closed and see them in human form come to me through mental imagery. (Clairvoyance)
Old 22-07-2014, 04:08 AM
Pathfinder
I also see them in my mind's eye. But I have to close my eyes and "tune in", I don't just see them .
Old 22-07-2014, 03:17 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by softtidesandties
When I say I view spirits in my 'mind's eye' I mean that I don't physically see them. I have my eyes closed and see them in human form come to me through mental imagery. (Clairvoyance)

How does one discern? meaning how do you know for sure it's them verses
your mind playing tricks? (disclaimer: this is a real question, I've been trying to understand for me)

For example: last week when I got in the shower, a mental image of a woman and her grandmother came to me (out the blue). The grandmother died 2 years ago and I never met her only saw a pic through a friends fb page informing us of her passing. The woman i dreamt she had died before I got in the shower (i know she had 3 strokes but cant validate if she is alive or not now).. While in the shower, it struck me odd that i had this image but i don't know for sure if its spirits letting me know or not.
Old 22-07-2014, 05:20 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtotheLife
How does one discern? meaning how do you know for sure it's them verses
your mind playing tricks? (disclaimer: this is a real question, I've been trying to understand for me)

For example: last week when I got in the shower, a mental image of a woman and her grandmother came to me (out the blue). The grandmother died 2 years ago and I never met her only saw a pic through a friends fb page informing us of her passing. The woman i dreamt she had died before I got in the shower (i know she had 3 strokes but cant validate if she is alive or not now).. While in the shower, it struck me odd that i had this image but i don't know for sure if its spirits letting me know or not.

This is one of my development problems, as well. I have found, though, that it becomes easier to discern the two with practice. When you practice on strangers, you'll know that the images you get are not just your imagination, because you didn't know the deceased.