Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 10-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Experiencer

effective ways to get rid of lingering spirits?

So I have apparently made contact with some kind of entity or other who knows nothing else other than trying to get a rise out of others. I recently started using a pendulum (because, well I was so amazed when I realized they actually work and energy from the astral, etc. is real, and I have never been able to make contact with my spirit guides before this.) However, yesterday I was asking questions as usual, and things got odd. Now I cannot get in contact with my guides. I just don't know the way to. This entity that showed up yesterday is in the way. It really seems to lack any kind of direction, so it doesn't seem to want to just pass through or leave on it's own. I don't believe I have any way of actually helping it (as my last thread inquired). So now, I just would like it to go.

Any methods I could try? Thank you.

I did get rid of a spirit once, about two years ago, but it showed up to me in the astral or in a dream or something and I was able to channel my mama bear energy to kick it out of my appartment (I was pregnant and ready to rage at the time!) I hope this is a different entity, since that one was n-a-s-t-y. (is anybody able to tell me this?)

Do these things go away if you ignore them? I kind of feel like this one may be just trying to push my buttons. Kind of like a really annoying sibling who refuses to quit.
Old 10-07-2014, 04:50 PM
Badger1777

Have you tried simply shouting at it? Worked for me once.
Old 10-07-2014, 06:04 PM
Master

lol - but yes TELL it to leave in no uncertain terms, that it is not welcome and it needs to move on.

If you can get it, burn some copal - it's a tree resin used in Central and South America for getting rid of negative spirits. If you can't find copal (I think you can buy it on-line) you can burn some Frankincense, Myrrh or sage. They're pretty good but not as strong as the copal (in my experience, anyway).
Old 10-07-2014, 06:29 PM
Experiencer

Lol. I guess I haven't tried shouting. The house hasn't exactly been empty this week..so that's a bit tricky.

That's exactly what I did to the other spirit in my dream though. I was in sleep paralysis and this horrible man just came in my room all smug and like, "remember me?" So I like forced my astral body up and started screaming my face off at him to get out and chased him out. Lol. I was mad. And that was very effective. But it was in the astral so I didn't think to do the same physically. ;)
Old 10-07-2014, 07:35 PM
Experiencer

K. I tried shouting--didn't work. And I might actually be dealing with a very young child, about three years old. I know this could perhaps be a front, but I'm not so sure. I was having a fun day playing with my children and we went to an indoor playground filled with kids. Toddlers go here a lot too. It seems to me so likely I picked this spirit up there. Can spirits follow you home like that?

The sensation I get from this spirit is a pressure in both my eyes. Like a blurring or crossing of my eyes. It's so apparent when it happens.

The spirit gives me an "I don't want to" answer in the pendulum when I ask it to leave (clockwise rotation). It's main energy moves counterclockwise, so I call it "I don't know". That's the general mantra.

It doesn't know if its male or female, it's not scared, doesn't know why it's here, and doesn't want to leave. That's all I know about it! I think it wants to find the light and needs clarity, but what can I do?
Old 13-07-2014, 04:42 AM
RNbyday

You need to tell it on no uncertain terms it is not welcome and has to leave. Say it with conviction and mean it. Make sure you want it and believe it when you say it, do not waiver. Call in your Spirit guides and gaurdian angels. Only allow in Spirit that are in and of the light. Writing it down can be powerful as well.
Old 22-07-2014, 12:27 PM
Experiencer

I should write it down! I noticed when opening this up and reading this reply the view count on this thread was 111. I was like, uh oh, I better pay attention! I also recently was reading an old notebook of mine and randomly turned to a page that had nothing written on it except something along the lines of "WRITE TO VANQUISH ALL SHADOWS" This is something I had written several years ago. No real explanation for it, except I was probably simply compelled to write it at the time. Funny that I should turn to the page.
So perhaps writing holds a key for me! Especially because I've always been able to write with conviction so much more easily than speak with it. :)
Old 22-07-2014, 06:41 PM
Pathfinder
I think you shouldn't just chase the spirit away, but lead it into the light, if you can. Burn sage, and get all the help that you can. Call for your spirit guide, your guardian angel, and the archangels. Let them lead you.
If you cannot hear or feel their guidance, do the following visualization. Imagine a beautiful, white light, full of love, joy, and happiness. Then tell the spirit about what it's like inside this light. Try to persuade it lovingly to go with the archangels into the light. Bid it farewell.

If this doesn't help, you'd best find a good medium who can do it for you.
Old 25-07-2014, 09:47 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemilla
I think you shouldn't just chase the spirit away, but lead it into the light, if you can. Burn sage, and get all the help that you can. Call for your spirit guide, your guardian angel, and the archangels. Let them lead you.
If you cannot hear or feel their guidance, do the following visualization. Imagine a beautiful, white light, full of love, joy, and happiness. Then tell the spirit about what it's like inside this light. Try to persuade it lovingly to go with the archangels into the light. Bid it farewell.

If this doesn't help, you'd best find a good medium who can do it for you.

I tried, but it didn't work. I don't think its for me to help the entity. Plus I don't truly know what it's like in the light. Any entity. Able to read my thoughts would know this. Even when being honest, I'm not convinced this spirit could believe me. People in the physical often assume I'm insincere when I'm not. So that probably makes me especially I'll suited to this entity who said it didn't believe in what I was trying to share with it (about love and light, etc.)

Anyway, I finally managed to break through to my guides after leaving my pendulum hanging in the window for a week.

For some reason I had no guardian angel last month, but I do now, so perhaps they had something to do with it.

I would have to learn a lot more about helping spirits cross over or find peace before trying to work with that. I don't consider it a good idea to attempt things I know nothing about, especially when it comes to spirit! I once met a friend in the astral after her death, and my natural inclination was to ask how she was and gently suggest death is alright (she died suddenly and didn't know she was dead). She barely seemed to acknowledge me anyway. To this day I'm sure that was just fine. I wouldn't have wanted to shock her or try to push her into another state before she was ready on her own. I met her again in a dream where she was full of joy and on a bus somewhere and she acknowledged me sincerely. We even gave one another a big hug.

Anyway, I tried offering this entity to come to me in a dream, though I suppose it may be me in control of that. But astral travel rarely happens to me, and it's generally spontaneous. Still, if I wasn't taken to the spirit in a dream it was probably already decided I didn't have the skills to help.

I'm not sure if it's still around. I don't feel entirely that it has left, but it doesn't seem to be taking over my pendulum sessions for now. And I'm hesitant to even ask my pendulum about it lest my curiosity attracts it back.
Old 26-07-2014, 01:53 AM
Knower

Hi, i was told me never to shout at a spirit or be rude because this mite make the spirit angary/upset and make the situation worse. Ask it if it wants your help if no ask it to leave and be firm keep doing this when ever you can feel its presents sometimes they can miss the human world and may just want to be acknowledge.