Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 06-06-2014, 04:21 PM
Knower
Not heard of John Edward before, I enjoyed the video thanks for posting.
Old 06-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Ecthalion

I think that JE is a conman, but if you want to believe then so be it.
Old 07-06-2014, 05:50 AM
Master
Ecthalion
Its ok to believe he's a conman, but because you believe it, does not make it so......but if you want to believe he is....then so be it.... ;)
Old 07-06-2014, 05:53 AM
Ecthalion

I know that we are not supposed to say negative comments about named individuals on here, but why is it ok for positive ones?
It's tantamount to advertising in my opinion.
Old 07-06-2014, 03:37 PM
Experiencer

I think part of the nature of someone like John Edwards is to be a controversial figure. :)
Old 07-06-2014, 08:50 PM
Adamsmom

I have been to a John Edward event (group readings) and get to see him every Sunday on his Evolve show (you must be a member to watch his internet show) I think he is very good. He may seem arrogant when he gets a message that he knows is correct (from what he sees and hears) and the person getting the reading is adamant that he is wrong. He is like a dog after a bone when he knows what he is getting is correct and usually after thinking they usually confirm what he said. We sometimes don`t get it, when he speaks but once you have some time, you will get that aha moment. He just got back from the UK a few weeks ago. For his events go to johnedward.com, he has all his events dates there.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Master

Lisa Williams is also amazing. I watched her show and got hooked the first time. On her lifetime show she was doing one on one's mostly, but she does do crowd shows like John Edwards as well. She is engaging and funny and worth a look if you have not heard of her. Just type her name in google or you tube. She is British, I believe, at least it sounds that way from her accent.
Old 08-06-2014, 12:40 PM
leadville

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecthalion
I know that we are not supposed to say negative comments about named individuals on here, but why is it ok for positive ones?
It's tantamount to advertising in my opinion.

When you say positive things about anyone you should also explain why. When you say negative things about someone you should explain why. Both are totally valid viewpoints and when presented honestly, with evidence to support what's said, may be helpful comments.

It's not advertising unless it's deliberately done with the intention of promoting the medium.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adamsmom
I have been to a John Edward event (group readings) and get to see him every Sunday on his Evolve show (you must be a member to watch his internet show) I think he is very good. He may seem arrogant when he gets a message that he knows is correct (from what he sees and hears) and the person getting the reading is adamant that he is wrong. He is like a dog after a bone when he knows what he is getting is correct and usually after thinking they usually confirm what he said. We sometimes don`t get it, when he speaks but once you have some time, you will get that aha moment. He just got back from the UK a few weeks ago. For his events go to johnedward.com, he has all his events dates there.

I think it would be pretty brash for any medium to claim they were right over the person they were bringing the message forward for. That would put the medium in to a category that they are always right, when in reality they may just not be. A medium is not going to know they are correct about an individual until that individual verifies it for them.
Old 08-06-2014, 03:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amilius777
John Edward is amazing!

Just watch this amazing evidence of his immense, immense psychic ability!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-K4PCnJDxg

Amillius777 - My sister gave me two books by John Edward. I generally like to read about this type of stuff, but after reading 1/4 of the way through both books I was a little turned off. Some authors fall into the category in which the way the book is written it's all about them and not the subject matter, which is what I'm interested in. I've read a lot of spiritual, new age, self-help, you name it, types of books and when the writing is 'me, my, and I' then I lose my interest in the book. I want to hear about mediumship more so than John Edward's talents or Sylvia Browne's. That's not to discredit either one in any way as I'm no judge of another human being. For me that style of writing, just makes my attention go awry and I move on to another book.

Blackraven