Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 25-07-2014, 12:29 AM
caroline45

Advice ondaughter hearing voices/seeing things please

Hi. As far as I can see this seems the most appropriate section but please feel free to move if not.

My daughter is 18 in a few weeks time. We are very close, as has always only been the two of us. All of this has gone on for a long time, but basically she hears a lot of voices at night. I'm 100% sure she isn't mentally ill (although she was worried this was the case!) It's more than that but hard to condense.

From when she was a baby I used to see what I can only describe as shadows passing into her bedroom at night. I did look for every explanation such as lighting etc, but eventually just accepted it.

As she has got older she reluctantly told me she was hearing people talk to her at night when she went to bed. She was scared it meant she was mentally ill. We have lived in the same house for 15 years apart from when we moved out for six months for building reasons. The voices continued in the rented house but they scared her immensely. I have to agree that house was quite oppressive at times and we had problems with shut doors opening at night. Once a man clearly shouted in her ear and terrified her as she felt he was evil, wheareas although the other voices worry her she never feels they mean her any harm.

Kind of too much trivia to go into but all along the same lines. My bedroom is downstairs now, under her room. Some nights I feel there is someone in my room. My dogs watch things that aren't there intently. Both of them clearly follow something with their eyes and heads. (this is in the daylight obviously I can't see them doing this at night) Occasionally I have heard noises that can't be explained such as a loud clap and knocking.

So the other night I was in bed and heard the voice of an elderly man saying " I don't want to be alone in this house anymore". a couple of minutes later my daughter came down to get a drink and then came to me and said she had just seen a shape come out of the wall.

There's been other things over the years. The spare upstairs has never felt comfortable to me and I dont like to go in it. I have had lodgers there, one told me she woke up and found a man standing over her bed as clear as if he was real. A spanish student refused to sleep in there after the first night, crying and upset and would only say it was haunted. I never spoke to them about what I had felt or seen so they didn't know anything prior to staying there.

I once walked up the stairs with a vision of a dog walking up next to me as if it was real. I can't explain it better and know I didn't imagine it.

I don't really want to ramble on with more of the same. Basically I don't know what to do. Initially I felt there was just a presence in the house centred round the spare room mostly, but have now come to think it is more centred around my daughter herself, particularly as when we moved out nothing changed.

I suppose I'm looking for some practical advice on how to deal with this and how to help my daughter. I'd appreciate any relevant replies, despite the vagueness of my request. Thank you.
Old 25-07-2014, 02:52 AM
Eaglewings

All I can offer to you advice wise is that if you feel this is a bad spirit and want it to go away, contact someone to help with a clearing (can't remember who does this, may google it) there are things you can do for one you can sage your home, you need to buy the sage and light it and go room to room with it, I believe their is a prayer you should say while doing this. I wish you well. Also ask to be protected with white light.
Old 25-07-2014, 03:02 AM
A_theist

hmmm i'll come back
Old 25-07-2014, 03:17 AM
RNbyday

http://amandalinettemeder.com/blog/2...#.U9HK_7ErFco=

Check out this link. Number 3 is what helped me the most. Also I use an adaptation of that to protect my children (they are young and can't/couldn't do it for themselves, though I have now taught my older one to do it for himself).

This blog is what I came across late one night when I couldn't sleep do to things that were literally bumping in the night. Since then I have explored her blog posts at length and come to accept and embrace that I am able to communicate with Spirit. I have put boundaries up for when and how they can connect with me so it doesn't frighten me and is on my terms, not theirs.

Good luck, I hope this helps
Old 25-07-2014, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Your daughter is not mentally ill.she is aware of spirit but doesnt know how to handle them. you and your daughter can go to a spiritulist church where you would get the help she needs,to learn how to open up and close down.and use protection.another thing you can do if you feel the house feels negative,is to smudge it.this is very easy to do
a lot of people think they are going mad if they are not used to seeing and hearing spirit.but she is not.

Namaste
Old 25-07-2014, 06:42 PM
Administrator
Hello

More and more as what we often call the vale opens more to the Spirit World there are more of us opening to hear and see things. I grew up seeing the dead but the times were not ready for me to openly talk about such things so I felt at times I was going mad. I was even tested when I was in my 20's to make sure I was OK.

Much of my journey was of self explorations and discoveries, now with the internet and connections to spiritual sites and places life is easier for many in this place.

There are some simple things that help one is self acceptance that we are protected and that we hold the power in us to be safe. That what contacts us might well find us a fascination that someone can sense them. This so often is a harmless contact but if one is not open to understanding it can be unsettling.

Its a path of discovery and learning that we are all facing as times more to where its all one open World I feel.

Lynn
Old 26-07-2014, 04:21 PM
caroline45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit

Your daughter is not mentally ill.she is aware of spirit but doesnt know how to handle them. you and your daughter can go to a spiritulist church where you would get the help she needs,to learn how to open up and close down.and use protection.another thing you can do if you feel the house feels negative,is to smudge it.this is very easy to do
a lot of people think they are going mad if they are not used to seeing and hearing spirit.but she is not.

Namaste

Thanks to all who have answered.

We considered a spiritualist church but weren't sure how to decide which one. We are in Southport so if anyone recommends a local one please let me know