Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 22-07-2014, 05:27 PM
Deactivated Account

I tend to sense them and also see them in my mind's eye as others have said.
Old 22-07-2014, 06:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtotheLife
How does one discern? meaning how do you know for sure it's them verses
your mind playing tricks? (disclaimer: this is a real question, I've been trying to understand for me)

Hi,

You know for sure after you invest your self in that insight, never before.

The brain(not mind) does not play tricks as much as we Fear. It does emit an energy of doubt and concern. It wants us to be safe and fit into its reality perceptions.

As you discern and live you life(make conscious choices) to follow your intuitive inclinations the brain will go along with you. It has to because you are the conscious choice maker.

I set my intent to trust in myself and All Of my inclinations. I have doing this for about 71 years without any regrets. The Hard Part is to get those who live in your life to go along with this way of being. I frequently need to justify my insights in ways that another can relate to. Especially in business matters. You can Never Say I am psychic and I know what to do and why. That would always bring resentment and resistance. Those who are different are always feared by normal people.

With practice we can be guided about what to say and how to speak about it. I find that telepathically speaking to the sub conscious of a person helps a great deal. I wish I had done that more in the past. Respect how you are guided. It is not your job to make choices for others. I find that a lot will come up for them in a post life review. We help by caring about others not by making choices for them.

I hope this reply is an answer for your question with insights about psychic life.

John

http://www.telepathyacademy.net/
Old 22-07-2014, 06:45 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by John32241
Hi,

You know for sure after you invest your self in that insight, never before.

The brain(not mind) does not play tricks as much as we Fear. It does emit an energy of doubt and concern. It wants us to be safe and fit into its reality perceptions.

As you discern and live you life(make conscious choices) to follow your intuitive inclinations the brain will go along with you. It has to because you are the conscious choice maker.

I set my intent to trust in myself and All Of my inclinations. I have doing this for about 71 years without any regrets. The Hard Part is to get those who live in your life to go along with this way of being. I frequently need to justify my insights in ways that another can relate to. Especially in business matters. You can Never Say I am psychic and I know what to do and why. That would always bring resentment and resistance. Those who are different are always feared by normal people.

With practice we can be guided about what to say and how to speak about it. I find that telepathically speaking to the sub conscious of a person helps a great deal. I wish I had done that more in the past. Respect how you are guided. It is not your job to make choices for others. I find that a lot will come up for them in a post life review. We help by caring about others not by making choices for them.

I hope this reply is an answer for your question with insights about psychic life.

John

Thank you so much John! Your post was most helpful.
Old 22-07-2014, 10:34 PM
softtidesandties

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewtotheLife
How does one discern? meaning how do you know for sure it's them verses
your mind playing tricks? (disclaimer: this is a real question, I've been trying to understand for me)

For example: last week when I got in the shower, a mental image of a woman and her grandmother came to me (out the blue). The grandmother died 2 years ago and I never met her only saw a pic through a friends fb page informing us of her passing. The woman i dreamt she had died before I got in the shower (i know she had 3 strokes but cant validate if she is alive or not now).. While in the shower, it struck me odd that i had this image but i don't know for sure if its spirits letting me know or not.

I have that concern a lot actually, (thinking that it may be my mind playing tricks on me.) I know it is not when I let go and don't think about it. That is the trick. You cannot make judgments and rationalizations when trying to connect. You have to let things come to you and think about what they could be or mean afterwards. Shut the left side of your brain off and give the right side of the brain room. That's why I meditate to connect with spirits. When meditating I stop thinking so much, therefore my spirit body is able to pick up on things my human senses can't.
Also, someone else had mentioned before that you know that it's spirit when you feel warmth or sentience with the perception. When it's your mind playing tricks on you it has an empty or scary feeling. Sometimes when I'm paranoid I imagine scary things. I know that it's fake because spirits are not negative. It's just my ego getting in the way.
Old 22-07-2014, 10:47 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by softtidesandties
I have that concern a lot actually, (thinking that it may be my mind playing tricks on me.) I know it is not when I let go and don't think about it. That is the trick. You cannot make judgments and rationalizations when trying to connect. You have to let things come to you and think about what they could be or mean afterwards. Shut the left side of your brain off and give the right side of the brain room. That's why I meditate to connect with spirits. When meditating I stop thinking so much, therefore my spirit body is able to pick up on things my human senses can't.
Also, someone else had mentioned before that you know that it's spirit when you feel warmth or sentience with the perception. When it's your mind playing tricks on you it has an empty or scary feeling. Sometimes when I'm paranoid I imagine scary things. I know that it's fake because spirits are not negative. It's just my ego getting in the way.

I'm happy to know it isn't just me thinking like this. In the wake state, I tend to overthink about everything and when I meditate it slows down.
I will have to be more aware of how I feel when I receive images. With the grandmother one, I didn't feel afraid or warm, I was more like why? is this real? and shared with my other gifted friends.
Old 29-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Lilybugs

For me, I see them in my minds eye and I will have a odd sensation in one ear. It's like an underwater feeling for a few seconds. :)

Lilybugs