Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 14-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Scattered Sheep

[quote=Juanita]Scattered Sheep, You have made me more anti religion than I have ever been.

This is a start, HalleluYAH Religion is man made, seek YHWH with all your heart he will meet you, promise!!!
Old 14-05-2013, 03:04 PM
Scattered Sheep

"I wonder if you can see how insulting this is in not acknowledging the beliefs of others here." Previous quote.

Yahushua was blamed for the same thing many times because the people He spoke into existence through the Father YHWH did not want to accept Him, many times He was pursued, relentlessly. But HE IS THE MESSIAH...HALLELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!And no, for the second or third time I AM NOT claiming to be Him, I imitate him as He has instructed me to do.....
Old 14-05-2013, 03:59 PM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattered Sheep
Yahushua was blamed for the same thing many times because the people He spoke into existence through the Father YHWH did not want to accept Him, many times He was pursued, relentlessly. But HE IS THE MESSIAH...HALLELUYAH!!!!!!!!!!And no, for the second or third time I AM NOT claiming to be Him, I imitate him as He has instructed me to do.....
Just for the record, it wasn't me who said that you are your God. I know Christianity isn't like that.

I actually feel sorry for you because you appear to be brainwashed, i.e. not thinking for yourself. I wish you well. I don't think you have peace to place yourself in such a thorny situation on this site so I wish you peace and - most of all - I wish you could accept others here for having beliefs that are just as worthy and deserving of respect as your own.

Oh AND I WISH YOU LOVE, since your love of YHWH seems founded on fear.
Old 15-05-2013, 03:18 AM
Scattered Sheep

I am brainwashed by YHWH. You betchya. You should try it. Peace....why do you think I keep bouncing back....and love? I wish you love too...That's why I proclaim, preach and open my mouth like a shofar...or..uh..I mean type with such fervor. Fear?? The fear of YHWH is the beginning of wisdom. To fear YHWH is NOTHING like fearing things in the world. I am not scared of HIM, I am in awe of Him, that is Godly fear....there is a great difference. I only fear Him if I stray from Him and I know if I stray from Him I will wander into uncertainty. Good reason to fear. Uncertainty is a Baaad (sorry, I am a sheep after all) place to be.
Old 15-05-2013, 09:32 AM
amy green

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scattered Sheep
I only fear Him if I stray from Him and I know if I stray from Him I will wander into uncertainty. Good reason to fear. Uncertainty is a Baaad (sorry, I am a sheep after all) place to be.
Uncertainty is usually just a temporary phase whilst there is assessment of what has gone before so that a new, better appraisal can be made.

Glaaaaad to see you are displaying a sense of humour; now if that could only co-star with acceptance of other's beliefs here do you think you might have a winning formula?
(Condemning all those that don't share your belief as being "the fallen" is both erroneous, condescending and myopic).

Old 15-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Scattered Sheep

I accept my Creator's beliefs, He knows what is good for us, through-out my posts, I have had peace and joy in my heart and I laugh with family and friends and mainly with my Elohim (God). a lot.....He has a superb sense of humor. Never in the Scriptures does YHWH refer to unbeliever's as the "fallen" by the way, He uses it primarily when speaking of the fallen Angel's, they have no chance at repentance. I never remember stating unbeliever's as the "fallen"....
Old 16-05-2013, 02:24 AM
Juanita

Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeHee
Actually the OT was finished hundreds of years before Jesus' birth. The NT was written 70AD and sooner, some attest to earlier, either way well within the life time of the Witnesses who wrote their Gospels. The Gospels written some 100-300 A.D. are known as Gnostic and therefore correct in rejecting. Even Scripture contest these false beliefs thoroughly refuting them.

The Gospels written before the death of eye witnesses were written too early before myth could develop, but I am certain you already knew that.

If you seriously were considering the authenticity of the Gospels, you'd be well to research it, but I am pretty certain you will not because nothing could change your mind.

As you can see, there are thousands more New Testament Greek manuscripts than any other ancient writing. The internal consistency of the New Testament documents is about 99.5% textually pure. That is an amazing accuracy. In addition there are over 19,000 copies in the Syriac, Latin, Coptic, and Aramaic languages. The total supporting New Testament manuscript base is over 24,000. There's far less evidence that Aristotle, Plato and the likes of Homer were really written by them... but I'm sure you have a process for historical accuracy other than what others tell you....

But, I'm sure you knew that and nothing could change your mind.

Actually, I often do research on these issues --and a lot of it depends on the scholers writing about them...One of my sources is "Who wrote the New Testament?"-- The Making of the Christian Myth, by Burton L. Mack...... Elaine Pagels has written some interesting stuff too, especially about the gnostic gospels. The consensus seems to be that the gnostic gospels were written betweem AD 120-150 as these gospels became widespread and by AD 180 the bishop of Lyons declared them to be heresey.....Buddhist scholars say that some of these gospels were already known in the Far East by AD 80....so actually it could be just the opposite, that the gnostic gospels came before the NT gospels....
Old 18-05-2013, 01:02 AM
Scattered Sheep

Exo_16:23 And he said to them, “This is what יהוה has said, ‘Tomorrow is a rest, a Sabbath set-apart to יהוה. That which you bake, bake; and that which you cook, cook. And lay up for yourselves all that is left over, to keep it until morning.’ ”
Exo_16:26 “Gather it six days, but on the seventh day, which is the Sabbath, there is none.”
Exo_16:29 “See, because יהוה has given you the Sabbath, therefore He is giving you bread for two days on the sixth day. Let each one stay in his place, do not let anyone go out of his place on the seventh day.”
Exo_16:30 So the people rested on the seventh day1. Footnote: The seventh day of the week, the weekly Sabbath,
Old 18-05-2013, 02:11 AM
Mayflow

I am starting to see why a lot of people get really turned off by supposed Christian believers. It is one thing to believe in love of the neighbor and forgiveness and acceptance of love of all, but I doubt that Jesus was all about mindlessly quoting scriptures which are mean and outdated. Was Jesus loving and accepting and willing and happy to hang out with what the old school called sinners and to forgive and love them. I would like to think yes.

Was he one and the same with Abba, his spiritual father? Don't know but again would like to think so. I also think Jesus was a very brave and bright rebel.
Old 18-05-2013, 09:30 AM
amy green

What I am noticing from these incessant, long Bible quotes is that they are not favourably interacted with. The word counter-productive springs to mind.