Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 07-04-2013, 09:03 AM
Master

Hey Gem thank you.

Before I read your post I was thinking about an upcoming course and wondered the very same thing about group work not being my thing. It's a difficult balance as I want to meet more like-minded people. I'm not sure if it's a challenge that I need to work on overcoming or what.

Like you say, it's being aware, and the more you notice the more aware you become. I'm hoping to be able to shield myself.

May we learn from experience.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:10 PM
Master

Belle
I wear clear quartz setting an intention to only let in Love and Light/loving energies.It and any other crystals I wear need to be cleansed regularly esp when I am around negativity.So I think you could use crystals if you like them.Lapiz lazuli, amethyst,tiger's eye, smoky quartz, obsidian,black tourmaline are all protective:depending on the one you like to work with.
Visualizing a white bubble around you is another technique.
Smudging rooms, burning incense esp when entering a new house or room helps eliminate any residual energies.
Above all consciousness and awereness is enough protection.all you need now is an affirmation or prayer to your guides.
Empaths find it easier being near plants and animals than people.Its true of me :) But I guess learning to be in groups or with people also involves some kind of lessons of evolution for us.
Old 07-04-2013, 04:32 PM
Master

Quote:
But I guess learning to be in groups or with people also involves some kind of lessons of evolution for us.

I'm very very choosy about the moment whom I spend my time with and I'm very wary at the moment. It's one of those million dollar questions: do you see this as something you have to evolve through, or something you have to accept.

For me, I think a great healing will occur when I can "manage" it appropriately - not just for me but for a much wider circle. It's not helpful to others that I channel all their difficult energies (and become crabby in the process) - they need to learn to handle their energies and heal them and process them.

And, I'm veering towards working as a healer and so have embarked on a healing course - which should be interesting. If nothing else, if I learn to heal myself: result. I'm hoping I can handle the "group".
Old 07-04-2013, 05:44 PM
Knower

(sorry if this appears out of place but I feel the urge to express here)
(please navigate as you see fit)

I would like to suggest that rather than hiding, protecting, and fearing negativity that you eventually face the dragon and become clear. This is a pretty advanced state because in fact one faces their own suffering. Pain is what is stimulated with negative influences. If one were truly free these influences would have little or no effect however all human beings have suffered and generally speaking this suffering is the last thing any being wants to deal with. Yet in the instance one embraces the shadow, the darkness, etc; the healing process truly begins. I have engaged in poltergeist like scenarios on more than one occasion, dramatically dark energies, etc; and yet central to all of life is the illusion that energetic expression can be adequately divided and conquered or avoided at all cost. The wise soul navigates it all preferring to entertain the world as it is rather than a selective subset that won't tip the bucket of pain that lies within. No one said it was a cake walk!

(thanks again for ignoring or entertaining my ramblings :))

Enjoy your work as a healer.
I can't think of a finer thing to offer to the world at large.
Old 07-04-2013, 06:17 PM
Master

TruthJunkie that spoke to me beautifully. I can't be a hermit !! And my soul is so hungry for like-minded people. I wasn't designed to be on an island, some people were, but not me.

But it is knowing how you work with those energies, how you deal with them - it's such hard work. It's like learning to walk again, I'm constantly checking and sense-checking - am I happy cos I am happy or is it someone else's energy. It's really exhausting.

And when it is my shadow, absolutely, it needs to be loved and adored and engaged with and then it becomes my best friend. I've seen this for myself as I've engaged with fear, because fear cautions me from danger and without my fear - I would have done a lot of stupid things. When you get the hang of loving your shadow rather see them as a gremlin to be cast out or healed, then things really start to take off.

But, allow me a few days of cake-walk. Please?
Old 07-04-2013, 06:23 PM
Knower

By all means you know what is best for you. No one will know you better.

The work never ends and every nook and cranny has something to offer though we have limited capacity and temperament. We are human after all. We as healers are also sensitive souls who know the power and value of light. The world suffers and the healers job is to transmute suffering into freedom. Not a wonder so many go into hiding and are never seen again. It is easy to be overwhelmed.

Cake is served!

(end idiosyncratic lecture mode)
Old 07-04-2013, 11:05 PM
Master

I have been following the thread, but have held back from making any comment..

Empathic abilities and lightworking do go hand in hand.. so we can see who needs help distinguishing those who think they do v those who do. It is hard in a group and living in a big city like London you guard has to be up nearly all the time.. hard, protection sometimes has to be down just to relax!

I have had people saying I need healing and I am not well and they are fine..those who say they are OK are the ones that sometimes hide it.. though some of course are OK and can deal with their own issues.

But even being alone, one is susceptible when alone and remote.. I have had a barrage of nasty emails that has impacted me incredibly.. the negativity i did not expect. When we are in a crowd we are prepared.. now I hesitate to open emails.. am I to put up protection when I open my emails?
Old 08-04-2013, 01:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belle
Hey Gem thank you.

Before I read your post I was thinking about an upcoming course and wondered the very same thing about group work not being my thing. It's a difficult balance as I want to meet more like-minded people. I'm not sure if it's a challenge that I need to work on overcoming or what.

Like you say, it's being aware, and the more you notice the more aware you become. I'm hoping to be able to shield myself.

May we learn from experience.

if you feel it's of benefit then go along.
Old 17-05-2013, 02:18 AM
Billi

I know there are the little 'unwritten' rules (or maybe they are written here somewhere..) on bring up old posts, but I figured since it says 'newbie' under my name, I might be forgiven

Belle, I have the same problem. I am in a 'healing profession' as well and have been for lots of years. I constantly feel dragged out after dealing with other's energies and emotions on a daily basis. I see lots of people who are getting terrible news and as an empath, I cannot help but feel the devastating emotions right along with them. It feels beyond my control. I love my job though, and wouldn't change it for the world.

Recently I started researching ways to cope, as it seems this has become more of an issue for me recently than it ever was before. One of the main answers I found was to maintain proper grounding. If you aren't sure how, a quick google can help you. Grounding allows you to release emotions and energies into the Earth to eliminate them from your body.

Also, one of the MOST beneficial things I read was to allow yourself to 'feel' those emotions, then allow them to leave. This has been extremely helpful for me. When I feel sad, I let myself feel it, then I will tell myself this emotion does not belong to me, and I will release it. Sometimes it's harder than others, but through practice, I'm making progress.

Another tool that has helped me with the release is music. As an empath and a music lover, there are certain songs that elicit deep emotional feelings within me even if I have no previous emotional attachment to the song. I have a few songs for each emotion and keep them in my truck so on my way home from work, I can often be found driving down the highway with the music as loud as it goes, singing at the top of my lungs. It is truly a great release.

I really hope you find something to help. If you love what you do, it would feel awful to have to stop doing it because of how it's affecting you. It's not easy being an empath, that's for sure!
Old 17-05-2013, 03:29 AM
Neth Rana

Hello :)

I am an empath as well, and it can be really difficult, as well as frustrating. I've found that meditation reallyyy helps me a lot. Taking a few moments to center yourself, and kind of "find" yourself is really important. Guided meditations about letting go over other people's energies and taking back your own energy are really beneficial. Sometimes I mentally picture two dials, one labeled with my name and the other labeled other, or a specific person's name. Then I picture the dial with the other person's name being turned all the way down to 0, and my dial being turned all the way up. Sometimes visualizing something concrete like that can help center yourself.

I would also suggest taking a look at this forum:

http://empathcommunity.eliselebeau.com/

It's a really uplifting, positive community of people who are open and talk about being an empath. I hope some of that helps! If you ever feel frustrated and want to talk to someone who is also an empath, my inbox is always open! ^_^

Love and light,
Neth