Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 04-11-2019, 11:45 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
He forgives sinners who acknowledge and repent of their sins. Today many people are trying to convince gay people there is nothing wrong with their lifestyle and in doing so they are blocking them form receiving God's forgiveness.

People like you are church-believers and don't know God. People like you are the ones who push 90% of gays and lesbians away from the Word of God. In the end, God shall not forgive people like you because you have done more harm to his name than any gay man or lesbian woman could ever do.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:07 AM
Master
Love is all that matters. A god that doesn't love his children unconditionally is a god that I don't need in my LIFE.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:12 AM
Master

HD personally i do support gay Christians its between them and God i also see God works in those who think like theophilus does, and God doesnt really limit who can experience him.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:27 AM
Experiencer

Thank you davidmartin. What I say come from my experience, while being on the front lines trying to fight first for civil unions, then later for marriage equality.

I spent a lot of time on opposing sides with the church groups. While I know that many people that do go to church do know God, I feel that the majority of them do not. I see their leaders as Pharisees, inciting violence, knowing what is written, and selecting the few verses here and there to justify their perceived authority and perceived power.

Have you ever been in an elevator full of church-believers who stare at you with the most murderous eyes and no sign of love in their hearts? That was my experience. I know other LGBT people who were spit on, who were shoved, all during this time. This is why I say that most church-believers do more harm to the name of God than any gay or lesbian person.

It was kind of ironic that on the day marriage equality was signed into law in Hawaii, we experienced the most severe thunderstorm. I think it broke all kinds of records on the frequency of lightning strikes. A lot of the church-believers said that it was God's wrath on Hawaii for passing such an abominable law. When the rain settled, we discovered that one church had it's roof collapsed in on itself during the storm and another church had its steeple struck by lightning. Both of these churches sent people to the capital in droves to fight against our right to love.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:46 AM
Knower
What is a god that hates me but an evil eldritch being? If god was truly that malevolent, we’d have been destroyed long ago.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:08 AM
Master

HD stuck in that sort of elevator is an uncomfortable thought, i think i will take the stairs. i have been along to a local LGBT church group and found i couldn't really tell the difference. how do you find the evangelicals?
Old 05-11-2019, 01:36 AM
Experiencer

Eek! They're not my favorite.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:45 AM
Master

i guess they come in different types! i like a lot of the people i meet in the evangelical/charismatic churches. a lot of them are fringe types like me. the preachers there are generally not worth seriously listening to, the worship when its free from the toronto blessing is often good and they do love Jesus a lot. always thought they were more tolerant and accepting but then i dont go to their churches to really know
Old 05-11-2019, 01:48 AM
Experiencer

I do want to find a church to go to. I read the bible on my own every single day, but never knew where to go for that kind of community support. I have attended various services at different churches, and they seem to be more a rock star production than one that truly connects you with the word of God.
Old 05-11-2019, 02:01 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Dreams
I do want to find a church to go to. I read the bible on my own every single day, but never knew where to go for that kind of community support. I have attended various services at different churches, and they seem to be more a rock star production than one that truly connects you with the word of God.
In our family, we have a family member that was born both male and female.

The person tried being a man, but that did not work out. Then the person tried being a woman. Cost for breast was almost prohibitive, That did not work out. For the last few years, the person seems to be happy as a monk.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜