Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 21-04-2011, 11:20 PM
Novietta

Question Can you direct me to a good place......

to research what form my goddess is using when she appears to me? She comes to me in my dreams and talks to me. She is very beautiful and always wears white and gold. She has white/gold hair, very long and wavy, and she has kind, wise eyes and a medium deep voice that always holds warmth and love. She has, on 2 occasions, come to me in all white and silver. Both times she radiated light from within. When she appeared to me in white and silver she told me not to be afraid, that it was still her and that I needed to see her in a new light. Other than those 2 times, tho, she has always come to me in gold and white. The light that shone from within was white on those 2 occasions and gold every other time. On the occasions she appeared to me in silver and white she told me of my grandmother's impending death and also of the long fight ahead with my mom for my inheritance, and the other time she told me I would not be able to have anymore children biologically. Other than that, when she comes to me, as I said, she always looks the same way...in gold and white. Do you know which goddess this may resemble or what this sounds like or what direction I can go in to find out? Thank you so much for any and all help in this.
Old 22-04-2011, 08:32 AM
Master
Dressed in white and gold is very Graeco-Roman style which perhaps suggests Athena or Minerva. However, it's a fair bet that everyone sees something different. They are all representations of The Lady or the Great Mother.

A good web site to peruse http://www.pantheon.org
Old 22-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Novietta

Thank you so much!!! I will look at that site right now. I appreciate the help. :)
Old 22-04-2011, 04:16 PM
Novietta

Im still a bit stumped. Athena sounded sort of right, as does the titan goddess phoebe. BUT, that doesnt explain the 2 times the Goddess appeared to me in all white and silver. i would think it was a different Goddess except she told me not to be worried because she was the one and same that always appears to me. So what Goddess is patient, kind, wise, stern, and has been known to be in all gold and white or can be known to be in silver or white? Im just so stumped.
Old 22-04-2011, 04:20 PM
Enya

Two questions for you...
Does it matter?
Could she be something other than Goddess?
Old 22-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Novietta

Yes, it matters to me. It doesnt change my experiences with her but Im one who likes to learn, likes knowledge. Im a research-aholic, you might say. And if not the Goddess, then what? I feel in my heart and soul and being that she's a Goddess. MY Goddess. But Im on a directed journey, meaning Im on a path of discovery that I was told to take, that I am enjoying, and that is opening my eyes and mind. But this one aspect has me stumped. I'd really love to know if anyone has any knowledge of any other Goddesses that could "fit the bill" so to speak of my Goddess.
Old 22-04-2011, 05:54 PM
Master
Novietta, in truth there is only one goddess and one god but they have many faces and many names. Your goddess knows who she is and knows who you are, so whatever name you use to invoke her, she will reply. Most pagans just refer to the god/goddess as The Lord and The Lady.
Old 22-04-2011, 08:40 PM
Novietta

So my husband was helping me and we were both doing research and found images that matched what i remembered and then found my Goddess. Its Rhiannon. It fits perfectly. Either way, once I figured it out I got an inner jolt followed by tingling and a warm feeling, followed by a calm, restful, peaceful feeling so I know I finally got it. :)

***edited for ****** spelling lol***
Old 23-04-2011, 07:30 AM
Master
Good for you !

Did you see this in pantheon.org ?

Rhiannon

by Karen Davis
Rhiannon (her name is either "Maid of Annwn" or a variant of Rigatona, "Great Queen"), a version of the horse-goddess Epona and of sovereignity. She was mistress of the Singing Birds. She appeared to Pwyll, lord of Dyfed, as a beautiful woman in dazzling gold on a white horse. Pwyll sent his fastest horsmen after her, but could not catch her. On the third day, he spoke and she told him she wanted to marry instead of her espoused husband Gwawl. Pywll was to meet her in a year and a day. He won her at the court of her father, Hefeydd the Old, by her aid. She bore Pwyll a son, who vanished. Her women killed a puppy and smeared its blood on her, to avoid blame at the child's loss. As punishment, Rhiannon spent seven years telling her story to all comers and bearing them, like a horse, to the court.
The child, meanwhile, turned up at the court of Teyrnon, whose mares foaled on May eve and lost the foals mysteriously. When Teirnon kept watch, he saved a foal from a mysterious beast and also discovered, outside the stable, a child, whom he and his wife adopted. Then child grew to young manhood in seven years, and was given the foal rescued on the night he was found. Teirnon recognised the child as the son of Pwyll and returned him to his family, where he was named Pryderi ("worry") by his mother.
Later, after Pwyll's death, Rhiannon married Manawydan, brother of Bran and Branwen and son of Llyr, a great magician. One day, all of Dyfed turned into a wasteland, and only Rhiannon, Manawydan, Pryderi, and his wife Cigfa, were spared. Manawydan and Pryderi out hunting followed an enormous white boar into a caer, where Pryderi saw a golden bowl; when he touched it, he was enspelled. Rhiannon went after him and fell under the same spell the caer then vanished, taking them with it. She was rescued when Manawydan captured the wife of their enemy, Llwyd, who was taking revenge for the illtreatment of Gwawl.
Old 23-04-2011, 08:58 AM
soulwholeness

Have you thought about asking her the next time you meet her? Seems the easiest way :) Happy journeying.