Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 05-01-2017, 08:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays so far!

I have a quick question, how do you protect yourself from a potential energy vampire?

I have spent a few days with a very close family member, they have always been hard work and I have always felt very drained around them. During their visit I literally struggled to keep my eyes open I felt like I could sleep for a week within 2 hours of them leaving I felt fine and back to my normal self.

This is a very close relative who I fully intend to continue a relationship with (if they werent I would go no contact) so looking for some ideas of methods others use here.

Snow Goose - I too do the once a year holiday party with family. It's draining because it's difficult to migrate through so many different types of personalities at one event. A bit overwhelming. I have one relative (love dearly), but her downtrodden attitude as well as talking much too fast for me to comprehend even what is being said. Again, draining. Two hours after leaving the party, unlike you, I was not fine. It took hashing over all the events and conversations had that night and analyzing them (as that's something I over-do) to try to get it all out of my system and head. But as these social events usually go, I'm all amped up until I've attempted to get a good night's sleep. However, usually can't sleep well after so much over-stimulation. It's like one takes on all the drama of other people until one can eventually rationalize that it's other people's drama and not their own.

Methods I use? Wrap things up and leave after a few hours. In other words, be the first one to call it a night.
Old 10-02-2017, 09:56 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snow Goose
I hope everyone is enjoying the holidays so far!

I have a quick question, how do you protect yourself from a potential energy vampire?

I have spent a few days with a very close family member, they have always been hard work and I have always felt very drained around them. During their visit I literally struggled to keep my eyes open I felt like I could sleep for a week within 2 hours of them leaving I felt fine and back to my normal self.

This is a very close relative who I fully intend to continue a relationship with (if they werent I would go no contact) so looking for some ideas of methods others use here.
google: self respect, self worth, self esteem and learn how to stay up and powerful when around certain USERS, set healthy boundaries and take responsibility for your own feelings and attitudes.

Quote:
Being involved with this person means you are drawn into what I can only describe as a vortex,
This happens when you don't have enough self respect and self worth to resist their neediness trap.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:49 AM
Newbie ;)

You should increase your own vibrations in order to overpower the negative energy or influence it. If you can't do this, you need to get out of the relationship.
Old 11-02-2017, 09:16 AM
Master
Spending time with family members that you don't see more often can be overwhelming at times. I once spent the whole summer visiting my boyfriend at his parents' house and everytime I see him I would be overwhelmed by sleep. As soon as I arrived at his parents' house I fell into a deep slumber and when I go to sleep I slept for more than 12 hours uninterrupted and that happened everyday for 3 months. As soon as my boyfriend left and I stopped visiting his parents my sleep normalised again.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:55 PM
Experiencer

Again, well said, jimrich, in very basic, simple (not easy to do :) and TRUE words!!!
Old 12-02-2017, 08:40 AM
Seeker
relationships are exerting by their very design. How it plays out is anyone's guess
Old 12-02-2017, 10:54 AM
Guide

Thanks for the input everyone.

What I was really looking for from this thread was some ideas on how to block the energy draining ie recomendations for crystals.

Im well aware of personal boundaries and using no contact ever again as you can see from my posts here.

Im still on the lookout for recomendations so if there is any suggestions for crystals, oils etc I would be very interested.

Thank you all for your help with this :-)