Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Mediumship

Old 29-12-2016, 05:30 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyawaywithme
I want to stop being a medium. I've had ghosts attacking me, making me have telepathic conversations with them. I guess on my part I will stop engaging with any entity because Im scared. It is hard because I want guidance, and then these ghosts come in and I think I'm talking to my spirit guide then they're telling me wisdom, then they come out of no where with "all jokes aside I want to be your lover" I just don't want to be a medium.

Hi Fly
Let me tell you I totally sympathize with you, I've been there, right where you are and I just wanted it to stop. You've received some really excellent advice here from some pretty smart folks. Here's mine, which is not as eloquent or even as wise as the previous, but...
You can turn it off, I've seen it and you can end it. I know this is true. Personally for me I could not stand the thought that spirits, ghosts, and whatever else would still be there and I would not be able to see them anymore. I could be one of those people walking around and not see the person following me, the idea of that scared me. I've always seen them, not seeing them wouldn't make them go away, they'd still be there but I wouldn't see them. AHHHH- (me screaming) I was one of those kids that would NEVER hide my head when something scared me because not seeing it coming was a far scarier prospect.
This is what I did, energy work, tons, years. I learned shielding and boundaries and I learned to say I will banish you and backed it up. I can make a haunted house jump or completely quite while I'm in it. You really do have the power in the relationship and believe me, (even if you have no reason- please trust me) once you take that power they will tow the line. They will listen and they will respect your lines.
And if you really-really want to rid yourself of this talent (I won't call it a gift) then alright I'll tell you how, but I don't think you'll like it. It's like walking around blind I've been told, like losing a limb. This is a part of you and cutting it out is self-mutilation.
Old 30-12-2016, 11:56 AM
Master
What Patricia said is really good.

Once you do your work, then things really do settle down. It still isn't easy, but it is much quieter and less disruptive and seemingly much more normal.

We do different things, all of us. There are similarities and differences but the principal is the same and learning how to work with energy is the key. That is what we are dealing with.
Old 08-01-2017, 11:29 PM
Seeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie
What Patricia said is really good.

Once you do your work, then things really do settle down. It still isn't easy, but it is much quieter and less disruptive and seemingly much more normal.

We do different things, all of us. There are similarities and differences but the principal is the same and learning how to work with energy is the key. That is what we are dealing with.

Thank you. Perhaps someone experienced could offer some beginning tips on Energy work 101 on here. It would probably help a lot of people around the forum and let people exchange information and gather more. :)
Old 08-01-2017, 11:44 PM
Administrator
Hello

Trust me I did not want to be me and I begged and begged for it to be gone and the more I did that the more I got more powers with it.

We do not I feel have a choice we all have this just that its not always at strong levels with everyone.

When I stopped fighting it all and just accepted it as me.....it was a lot more in balance. I almost took my life at 16 over it all and now at 54 with three kids with the same abilities I am blessed to be ME.

Grounding and protection crystals help out a lot. I am what they call a "Light Switch On" Medium I do not ever have that down time or alone time. I am always open to be in contact and I have tons around me at all times. I just accept that now. In that I have strong contact with my Guides and others living and non living that help balance me out.

It can be managed without madness taking one over. Like part of my E Mail I embraced it justmejustlynn......that is whom I stepped into being. I just a person and I embrace that yes I am different but I am too just a person.

I taught my kids (now all teens) to fight it just to let it flow in and out and to stand their ground in school to be able to deal with the distractions at times that come with it all. It has worked for them.

Lynn
Old 13-01-2017, 08:20 PM
Newbie ;)

I have two Viking brothers who walk with me for security but more than that, I know my gatekeeper.
The revered guide Ramadahn, who came through Ursula Roberts in deep trance sessions, said all working mediums have seven guides, the most important of which is your gatekeeper. Get to know them, befriend them, work with them and they will keep out all who are not meant to be there. Ask who your gatekeeper is, get their name, work with them, ask them/task them to keep away all who should not be there. It's a state of mind, knowing you're secure will mean the unwanted cannot get through.
Old 19-01-2017, 05:07 AM
Newbie ;)

thanks for shareing
Old 19-01-2017, 09:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyawaywithme
I want to stop being a medium. I've had ghosts attacking me, making me have telepathic conversations with them. I guess on my part I will stop engaging with any entity because Im scared. It is hard because I want guidance, and then these ghosts come in and I think I'm talking to my spirit guide then they're telling me wisdom, then they come out of no where with "all jokes aside I want to be your lover"

I just don't want to be a medium.
Hi there. I had exactly the same problem, so I'll share my story.

I wasn't scared at all, but I was so tired of mentally having to sort out entity according to vibration.

Thing is, as your own spiritual vibration and frequency rises, so do the vibrations/frequencies of those spirits who are attracted to you and who you attract in return.

I had to learn that lesson the hard way too.

I was getting everything, ghosts, angels, demons, fairies, Satan, God, guides, djinn, elementals...but I didn't know which was which...

...but wait, I had to know the difference between them to know they were all different entities coming through, right?

So, I put up 'barriers' and 'blocks' but that didn't stop 4 non-descript spirits using me as a direct human channel robot...at the end of spending all day in a trance writing stuff down, I'd be totally exhausted for days and I mean, totally.

I was also having problems with skeptics vs uncooperative spirits who didn't need to 'prove' they existed to anybody who didn't believe they did, whilst the skeptics were saying 'they won't prove it because they do not exist and you are delusional'.

I also wanted to concentrate more on my 'spiritual side' and not so much on the 'spirits'...I wanted to try and separate this. I wanted to work on myself and progress spiritually and I couldn't do that while ever I was being spoon-fed lies and trickery and deceit along with the occasional 'gold nugget' of beautiful advice or helpful wisdom...this was ALL I wanted to receive, but I just kept on getting everything else along with it...and the 'angels' seemed few and far between among the 'common spirits'.

I made the decision I didn't want to be a medium anymore, but how to stop being one? So I decided to ask the spirits themselves and I was very lucky to get one of the 'nice ones':

"You need to write a letter - put it in writing something like...thank you God, for these gifts bestowed. There must be a good reason (known only to You) why I have them, but I need a break. This is just getting out of control and beyond what I can cope with. Can you please help me God? either remove the negative entities from this place or remove my gift - one or the other - PLEASE!. I can't do this anymore and more to the point I don't WANT to do this anymore. It's not helping and I'm not learning anything from it. There must be a better way here, but of course, only YOU know best. Please God, send down your Angels and holy White Light to protect me and give me comfort during this time. I beseech thee and offer my heart and humble prayer.

After a letter like this is written, expressing your true heart's desire...re-write it according to your own situation and beliefs, of course...wait until a quiet time during the evening, light a candle representing the Flame Divine, sit in a comfortable position and let your emotions just flow...then read the letter out loud to the universe and feel/mean every single word. Let your heart yearn and long for it.

After reading the letter out loud, burn it. Burn it to ash."

I did this and gained full control over who/what and when I let through now - although the occasional 'walk in' likes to take up residence sometimes, but I guess that just happens. I get only 'good advice' and 'inspiring words' and 'helpful/loving' support now and I don't have to worry about 'sorting it out'. I like to think/believe it is the direct voice of God himself, but it's probably just an angel. I'll still get the occasional 'angel joker' but I have learned to laugh along with them as they try and test my patience occasionally.

Anyway, I hope my story helps and all the best with it.